Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Wars HotShot Quiz VII

Rules Lawyer

Default The Star Wars HotShot Quiz VII

Here it is . . .

The Star Wars HotShot Quiz VII!

Here are the rules, updated by Flipdog 2000 . . .

1. NO LOOKING UP ANSWERS ... This is a test of your Star Wars Lore that is in your head ... not your speed of searching through the Star Wars Encyclopedia ... if the QM feels you might be looking up answers, they will discuss it in a PM. Unless, it's blatant cheating...then everyone gets a shot.

2. All Questions must have a definative answer and cannot be open ended ... if you want a series of answers that fit a certain situation, give a specific number they hafta achieve: Name three times where Luke's X-Wing was disabled.

3. First person to answer the question correctly, gets the points. Spelling is not a factor unless correct spelling was specifically stated in the question.

4. All questions must be Star Wars related ... if you ask us something about Georgia history ... we're going to flame you like its 1975.

5. NO EDITING POSTS ... An Edited post (EVEN WITH AN EXPLANATION) will get you disqualified for the current question ... if you want to make a correction, post again with the correction and the current quizmaster will make a judgement call ... However, see next rule.

5a. Along those lines. Please, don't post an answer and then post 5 minutes later with a different answer. It looks like you answered, then went out and found an answer.

6. Your FIRST ANSWER, is always the answer the quizmaster should look at ... you cannot give multiple answers unless the question calls for it. From now on, no changing your answers ...

7. Stumpage for multiple questions gets you a maximum of 2 points no matter how many questions you stumped us on. You are considered to have stumped us when no one has come even close or hasn't posted for at least 3 days. If you have stumped us on the majority of questions, you remain quizmaster.

7a. If you are QM and have issues getting on the net or posting/answering questions in a timely fashion, please let the thread watchers know. For some of us who have jobs, its hard to post every single day. Keep the lines of communication open.

7b. Quizzers, please be patient. Us older kids have a lot of responsibilities. We'll let you know if there's a problem. Please don't raise the post count with questions about where the QM is.

7c. Normally, if the QM is MIA or DOA or POS or RPM, the quizzing is left to the next highest scoring person. This is usually done through a vote. If that person is unavaliable, then it defaults to the centurion lurking around. (Jan)

8. In the case of a tie, the person to answer first becomes quizmaster UNLESS the Quizmaster is also included in the tie (by stumpage) and then the Quizmaster remains Quizmaster still ... Sorry guys, gotta beat the Quizmaster or he keeps askin' questions!!

9. HAVE FUN DAGNABIT! hehe - FlipDog and Vixen of Venus came up with these rules not to limit the game for all of you who are 20+ pts behind the three leaders, but to make it harder for us ... we achieved most of our points through the stumpage rules, now we can't earn so much. We also made these rules to stop hurt feelings and let everyone have fun ... Quizmasters, study these rules before awarding points.

10. When you reach 100 Points … you have the option of retiring from the quiz and becoming a ‘Centurion’. What’s a Centurion? Well … basically you become an ELITE quizmaster who just lurks in the background and jumps in every once and a while to ask bonus questions …

10a. Centurions can answer questions from time to time. Hey, we still want to play. Just don't take over the quiz.

Here is the current point list . . .

Current Totals and Quizmaster
    ~ Jan Tolbara ~ 103.5
    ~ Vixen of Venus ~ 103
    ~ FrobiWanKenobi ~ 100.5
    ~ Darth Fierce ~ 100.5
    Korpil 95*
    FlipDog 92.5
    hisham 80
    Drendar Morevo 75
    coldskier0320 62
    khelegond 49
    Ringlord816 42
    Ardent 28
    wolverine 23.5
    PsychoInfiltrator 20.5
    Gyp Ryol 15
    Malkarris 15
    Darklighter 14
    Darth_Cassed 13
    Jake Sunspot 12.5
    Rigil Kent 12
    Major T. Phennir 10
    Darth Wyld 9.5
    djas_puhr 8
    Ronin 8
    tauchiss 6
    Grimace 4.5
    Donovan Morningfire 4
    Uron Teff 3.5
    Moridin 3
    Seghast 1

And, here's Korpil with a new set of questions!
    Last edited by Jan Tolbara; 9 November 2006 at 10:04 AM.
    Jan Tolbara
    Webmaster of Star Wars: The Forgotten Tales, Associate webmaster of SWRPGNetwork Conversions
    Author of The Chronicles of Anna Foster. Find out more at The Worlds of Patrick Stutzman.
    "No problem is too large that cannot be solved with the proper application of thermal detonators."
    - Qualtis Majint

Ahem, ahem! That's me!

one point apiece:

1. Name the band that appeared on the past MTV Movie Awards all dressed up in Star Wars costumes.

2. Where will the two new Celebrations will be hosted?

3. Yes or no will do. Does Boba Fett speak Mando'a (Mandalorian)?

4. There is one word/half-finished sentence in Palpatine's dialogue during the Anakin/Dooku duel in Episode III that is not accounted in the script... which one is it?

5. "Somebody tell me what John Williams was smoking when he wrote that one?" The vocalist of the Irish band Ash said these words after playing which song?
    Mario A. Escamilla (aka Kerk Korpil, Verpine Starship Mechanic)
    http://sequart.org/books/47
    http://puerto-pirata-veracruz.blogspot.mx/

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

No.

5. "Somebody tell me what John Williams was smoking when he wrote that one?" The vocalist of the Irish band Ash said these words after playing which song?
    Jedi Rock?
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

I could answer # 1, but being a Centurion, I won't....

Darth Fierce
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

1.) Gnarls Barkley
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

4. When palpy goes "Yes!!"
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Peccator out of residence

3. Yes, kinda. Not fluently, but he can curse in Mando'a somewhat fluently, at least.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Experienced Player

Originally posted by Korpil
    Ahem, ahem! That's me!

I'm gonna slip a joke in....
    5. "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds"?(and yes I know that was teh Beetles.)
    WORDS OF WISDOM: IF U ARE OPTIMISTIC U WILL BE LET DOWN MANY TIMES IN LIFE, PESSIMISTS CAN ONLY BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    Lackland's Laws:
    1. Never be first.
    2. Never be last.
    3. Never volunteer for anything
    Hane's Law:
    There is no limit to how bad things can get.
    and the ever popular
    Murphy's 3rd law
    Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

Originally posted by shaobu

I'm gonna slip a joke in....
    5. "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds"?(and yes I know that was teh Beetles.)
    That's dropping, not smoking

What kind of dust?

Hardcore Player

I'm going to sneak in here on a technicality, angling for a half-point just to get me back on the scoreboard at least.

Does Boba Fett speak Mando'a?
    Boba Fett is not fluent in Mando'a, but he does speak some. He knows that 'Vhett' is the Mando'a version of 'Fett', and knows a couple other words and phrases.

If that gets me anything, you can see my old score of 55.5 listed on the last Hotshot Quiz.
    Uh-oh, another famous Elfword Idea (TM) - Talon Razor 'GM'

Section Editor of [color=dark-blue]The Underworld Sourcebook[/color]
    "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
    Leader of The A&EG Supplement series

Sorry for the delay, had a long weekend and lots of work after it..

1. Name the band that appeared on the past MTV Movie Awards all dressed up in Star Wars costumes.

Gnarls Barkley, 1 pt to Uron Teff

2. Where will the two new Celebrations will be hosted?

Los Angeles and London (the first one in Europe), 1 pt stumpage

No. Boba Fett does not speak Mandalorian. I'm holding to a couple of quotes directly from Boba Fett: A Practical Man:

Beviin powered down his weapons and swung the Gladiator in behind Slave I as the vessel edged forward toward the giant scarred rock of a warship. “Ke’pare,” he whispered down the comlink. Fett didn’t speak Mando’a, but neither would these Yuuzhan-whoever-they-were. Almost no aruetii did. “Ke baslana meh mhi Kyrayc.”
    Also, from Karen Traviss' interview later in the e-book:

The secondary fascination is how he handles the role of Mandalore. I’ve done a lot of work on Mandalorians, and even developed the culture and a working language for LFL, and the variety of styles of leadership over the centuries is striking. But Boba doesn’t speak Mandalorian—I stuck with the literal continuity there—and he’s still a working bounty hunter while in office, so to speak. That tells you a great deal not only about him, but also about the Mandalorians themselves.
    So, 1 pt to coldskier0320

4. There is one word/half-finished sentence in Palpatine's dialogue during the Anakin/Dooku duel in Episode III that is not accounted in the script... which one is it?

"Get.." when Anakin is about to subdue Dooku. 1 pt stumpage.

"Cantina Band", played live in the ILM offices in an event last year. No stumpage awarded.

Current Totals and Quizmaster
    ~ Jan Tolbara ~ 103.5
    ~ Vixen of Venus ~ 103
    ~ FrobiWanKenobi ~ 100.5
    ~ Darth Fierce ~ 100.5
    Korpil 97*
    FlipDog 92.5
    hisham 80
    Drendar Morevo 75
    coldskier0320 63
    khelegond 49
    Ringlord816 42
    Ardent 28
    wolverine 23.5
    PsychoInfiltrator 20.5
    Gyp Ryol 15
    Malkarris 15
    Darklighter 14
    Darth_Cassed 13
    Jake Sunspot 12.5
    Rigil Kent 12
    Major T. Phennir 10
    Darth Wyld 9.5
    djas_puhr 8
    Ronin 8
    tauchiss 6
    Uron Teff 4.5
    Grimace 4.5
    Donovan Morningfire 4
    Moridin 3
    Seghast 1

So I'll continue as quizmaster as long as you let me or I become a Centurion!

As usual 1pt. each:

1. Where's Lando Calrissian from?

2. Pablo HIdalgo's recent webstrip Rookies: No Turning Back was based upon a WEG adventure, which one is it?

3. Recently a prominent actor declared how deeply he regretted passing over Han Solo's role... who am I talking about?

4. Which two ships are part of the new Starship Battles startup package?

5. How did Carrie Fisher answered recently when a reporter asked about how she got Leia's part?

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Boy, you're tempting me again, Korpil. I could answer # 1 and # 3 easily, but I'll try to hold my tongue....

Darth Fierce
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

1.) Socorro

(Funny story, last week I had one of my tutoring pupils summarize a wookieepedia article of his choice and prepare it for this weeks lessons to present it. He took Lando and started that he was born on Socorro. )
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

3. Burt Reynolds? Somehow that name is stuck in my head.

4. Executor and Mon Cal Cruiser

No passing over role of space smuggler. Man Law!

What kind of dust?

Thread Information