Thread: The Runaround

Default The Runaround

I have looked ALL over, and downloaded about 15 star wars maps, and only 2 or 3 seem to be consistent. Some dont have planets listed. I can't seem to find an all inclusive planet listing, other than the ones that just say what a planet is, but not showing it on a map. Attempting to make my campaign as accurate as I can, is there anyone that can get me out of this ratrace runaround?

Thanks,
    McKizz

Blog Entries

Moved to General SWRPG Discussion, where you ought to get a bit more help.
    I can't think of one off the top of my head, though I would recommend a site search (on your right-hand side of the screen) for "Galactic Maps" and see what you find.
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

McKizz, there is no all-inclusive galaxy map. Such a creation would have to include hundreds, if not thousands of worlds described or just mentioned in Canon and Official material. Now granted such maps exist in the real world for real places, the simple fact is most people don't care enough about fictional worlds to bother mapping them out in their entirety. There are exceptions, of course, but most of those deal with a single specific planet. I sincerely doubt there are any instances of well-populated space opera settings with complete star maps. Even Joss Whedon's Firefly, with only roughly 73 inhabited worlds spread out across a single immense star system isn't fully charted.
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Probably the best (most accurate) Star Wars galaxy map on the Internet is at nav-computer.com...many people around here consider it the gold standard. How much that has to do with the fact that it was created by fellow forum member, cartographer, well....

The "New Essential Chronology" book also has a well-detailed map of the galaxy, though it's missing any planets introduced after "The Joiner King."

Darth Fierce
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Alright. Thanks all!

Thread Information