Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Science Fiction Vessel .Net Guide

Default Science Fiction Vessel .Net Guide

Well as many of you know, I have been doing the stats on many a vessel these days. One or two people on here have mentioned that I should write a .Net guide to compile them. I came to agree with them.

Over the next few months I shall be working on this .Net guide, giving you folks a few samples here and there.

If you would like to aid me in the writing of this guide, don't hesitate to offer your services, they will be appreciated.

And now for the first sampling, this is the opening to the section on the Ships out of Battlestar Galactica...

From the personal log of Chief Engineer, Shipbuilder and Manager Jonathan Straihtman
    “So one day I’m sitting in my office and this beautiful tall blonde, with some crystal blue eyes comes into my office and starts putting the charms on me. I’m thinking ‘Can this be real’, but of course it is. Then she places on the table a briefcase I didn’t even see her come in with, she opens it up and there are enough Credit Vouchers to pay for a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers, the Mark IIs even, and she says, I need a fleet of vessels, then she hands me some specifications, a delivery date and a location. The Specifications were crazy, massive missile launchers, Turbolasers, a hangar for 792, this was nuts, so I ask her ‘ Now honey, what do you need with this?’ she just gives me a wink and replies, well that’s my business now isn’t it. With that kind of money, I stopped thinking, I set up the order, cordoned off Bay 3 for construction and took the money. Too bad I didn’t realize this chick would rather burn me down to fine cinders than look at me the way she did that day.”
    So what do you think?
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

One word WOW

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

i'm definitely looking forward to see'ing this completed!

I'm not sure where or how i'd be able to help out or contribute though.
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

Hardcore Player
    That One Place (You know, where that one guy did that one thing)

Are you going to get pictures for this guide? I've had trouble finding them for ships you've already made.
    "Two Irishmen walk out of a bar. It could happen!"~Walter Cronkite

"SURGEON-GENERAL'S WARNING: Under no circumstances should you consume alchohol and play an RPG game using Wizards of the Coast d20 system at the same time. Failure to abide by this warning will most likely result in moderate injuries, property damage, brain damage, hurt feelings, lost dice, mutilated books, and very annoyed GM's."~Smuggler Jedi

See my games HERE

I'll sure as hell try.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

Hardcore Player
    That One Place (You know, where that one guy did that one thing)

Is it legal to get pictures of the things in their sources (i.e. pictures of Enterpise)?
    "Two Irishmen walk out of a bar. It could happen!"~Walter Cronkite

"SURGEON-GENERAL'S WARNING: Under no circumstances should you consume alchohol and play an RPG game using Wizards of the Coast d20 system at the same time. Failure to abide by this warning will most likely result in moderate injuries, property damage, brain damage, hurt feelings, lost dice, mutilated books, and very annoyed GM's."~Smuggler Jedi

See my games HERE

Immoderator

If you can find one released for public use and contact the representative legal departments to give them a heads' up.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

As promised, another little exerpt...

Station Security Confidential Arrest Report
    Complainants; Montgomery Scott (Chief Engineer, Starship Enterprise), Trent Indarayne (Constitution Class Chief Designer). Primary Dispute according to former: “He told me to stop screwing around with HIS engines. After I told him they needed to be redesigned he insisted that they were fine, that he fixed them, I told them they were not to specs and thus unstable and he slugged me;” According to Later “E’ was muckin’ around with me’ engines! I didn’t like ‘im crawling around in my ship so I gave him something new to think about!” Findings are in favor of Chief Designer although no disciplinary action will be taken on order from Chief Security Officer, Tesslarin Shipyards.

Hardcore Player

I'm excited about the idea of SW stats for the ships of BSG. I love X-Wings and all, but the Viper is my all time favorite starfighter. Especially as portrayed in the new series. Those things turn on a dime.
    One, We are One. Are you One, Herbert?

Check out the A&EGS

The Following fighters WILL be included in the Science Fiction Vessels .Net guide.

-Peregrine Class
    -Viper Marks II and VII
    -Raider Class
    -Hammerhead Class
    -Centaur Class
    -Shrike Class
    -Gunstar Class

The Following Space Transports will make an appearance

-Firefly Class

Further Suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: w00t rank-up
    Last edited by Drendar Morevo; 31 January 2007 at 10:39 AM.

I would love to see your take on:
    • Starfuries (Babylon 5)
    • Whitestar (Babylon 5)
    • USS Defiant (Deep Space Nine)
    • Dropship (Aliens)

Screenshots are generally considered 'fair use'.

I see you're already planning the Firefly class! woo hoo!

Originally posted by BoneGnawer
    I would love to see your take on:
    • Starfuries (Babylon 5)
    • Whitestar (Babylon 5)
    • USS Defiant (Deep Space Nine)
    • Dropship (Aliens)

Screenshots are generally considered 'fair use'.

I see you're already planning the Firefly class! woo hoo!
    B5?... Blargishes... Then I'd have to do CapShips to go with them... warlock classes...

The USS Defiant has already been done and its already in the guide

I wasn't particularly impressed by the 'Aliens' vessels. I won't be doing them. (not really impressed with the rest of the movie(s) either)

B5?... Blargishes... Then I'd have to do CapShips to go with them... warlock classes...
    I dunno, personally, I'd start with the Hyperion and Omega classes. For the warlock, first, I'd figure out the shadow ships and the omegas and then blend the elements together.

There is a B5 D20 RPG, so that would probably be a good place to start, just tweaking their stats to match the RCR rules.

For that matter, there is a D20 Star Trek game too... Prime Directive, I believe.

Yeah, well, I'm doing all this as Homebrew RCRB.

No other RPGs are used in the creation of this guide.

Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
    Yeah, well, I'm doing all this as Homebrew RCRB.

No other RPGs are used in the creation of this guide.
    That is admirable from a certain point of view.

However, why reinvent the wheel?

Thread Information