Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Science Fiction Vessel .Net Guide

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

Originally posted by BoneGnawer

That is admirable from a certain point of view.

However, why reinvent the wheel?
    For one, then that would be straight copying from B5's books.

The merits of the D20 system is which all flavors are based on a common set of rules so there is compatability amongst the games, yet however theres just a little bit of slight variation / flavor or deviance from the core set of rules. SW d20 is one such examples.

B5 has their PPG's while SW has Blaster Pistols. So while a Star Fury may have what is x-damage pulse canons, a full sw rcr conversion of a Tesslarin Shipyards Star Fury would be listing laser canons of standard xwing dmg... Drendo might as well do the rest of the stats from the ground up to make them more fair and evenly matched along the lines of regular sw starfighters. So there again, it would be original interpretation & conversion rather than plain copying.

Thats pretty been much one of the points of this project. Other sci-fi genre vessels converted for use into sw.

Just like with the Enterprises, rather than keeping the Phaser technology terminology, those have been replaced with Turbolasers etc...

Last edited by Terras Jadeonar & Raven; 31 January 2007 at 12:58 PM.
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

For one, then that would be straight copying from B5's books.
    I'm not advocating that, and you actually couldn't, mostly because the ship rules are add-ons to D20 that each publisher came up with independently, so they're a bit different.

However, there are similarities, so the other games can provide a starting point.

Just like with the Enterprises, rather than keeping the Phaser technology terminology, those have been replaced with Turbolasers etc...
    The Galaxy class has what in ST is called a "collimated phaser array", that's the ring around the saucer that you see energize when she fires phasers. It is a single weapon with a 360 degree firing arc. Mounting a bunch of turbolaser batteries ends up being quite a different configuration.
    Last edited by BoneGnawer; 31 January 2007 at 01:27 PM.

I solved the problem of the collimated phaser array by making the turbolaser a 'Full Turret' What I didn't say was that the turbolaser was actually mounted on a giant 'ring' turret with high speed turns.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Is it done by any chance or is it still being worked on since this thread started?
    Captain Tenjou
    Ran: "Grand Theft Bebop", "Fellowship of Mars Division", "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and "Fun with Black Lagoon".

Currently gearing up for "Road Movie to Naboo with Guns"

Still being worked on.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I'm not sure if these will be a challenge for you, but here a few that I think would be interesting to stat.

Vessels of the Goa'uld, Asgard, and etc. from Stargate SG-1

The ships of the Eldar mainly the Flame of Asuryan (from Battlefleet Gothic. Starship battles in Warhammer 40,000 in case nobody knew)

Even if they are not a challenge for you it does give you some more variety of ships in your .net guide as well. Hope I was not sounding pushy of rude.

If you are interested in Battlefleet Gothic I can get you the information of Battlefleet Gothic and the Fleet listings of the different organizations so it can help you stat them.

I've run into a bit of a snag.

Concerning SG-1 and atlantis ships this is the only real problem.
    -There are no official dimensions for them, so I have no idea how long a ha'tak, daedalus, or the odyssey is.

Concerning Cowboy Bebop, there are absolutely no online statistics or specifications for these vessels, if there were any it would be easier.

If you want to post stats for these ships (or anything else about the ships for that matter) it would be appreciated.

Also, send me that stuff on the battlefleet gothic stuff. (though I hate WH 40k, its almost as wanked as anime)

Rules Lawyer

If it means anything, I have had Star Wars d20 and D6 stats for the fighters from "The Last Starfighter" (i.e.: the Gunstar, the Swarm fighter and the Deck fighter) on my site for several years.

I would be interested to compare your stats to mine when your project is done.
    Jan Tolbara
    Webmaster of Star Wars: The Forgotten Tales, Associate webmaster of SWRPGNetwork Conversions
    Author of The Chronicles of Anna Foster. Find out more at The Worlds of Patrick Stutzman.
    "No problem is too large that cannot be solved with the proper application of thermal detonators."
    - Qualtis Majint

Cool The Holocron Speaks: Stargate Ships from AEG

Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
    I've run into a bit of a snag.

Concerning SG-1 and atlantis ships this is the only real problem.
    -There are no official dimensions for them, so I have no idea how long a ha'tak, daedalus, or the odyssey is.
    From the lore of the AEG Stargate SG-1 RPG.....

"First Steps" supplement #5 Table 4:20 p 162-164 "Space Vehicles"

Large (Death Glider)
    to
    Galaxy-5 (Super Pyramid Mother Ship)

The Galaxy sizes are 5 categories above "Colossal" from the Character scale CPoV (not the 'offset" starship scales) essentially stepping into the shoes of the "starship scales" on a single table. All size references are from the character based charts for comparisons.

Reference material to zero in on the "notional" sizes can be gathered from places like Arduinna's Stargate Handbook.org
    Last edited by FULONGAMER; 25 April 2007 at 01:03 PM.
    FULONGAMER aka Johannes M. Bowers
    It's not My planet Monkey-boy! / I Waste Him With My Bowcaster!
    THIS is my LIGHT-Stick!, The next one of you Furry Tree-Hugger Yub-Yub Primitives EVEN TOUCHES me....**FZOOOK**

After watching ALOT of screencaps and reading one longarse detailed post on gateworld I have come up with the following.

The Odyssey (daedalus class) is around 1/3 to 1/2 the size of an Ori Battlecruiser making it anywhere between 1km to 1.5 KM in size.

Based on the the strafing run by the O'neill class cruiser I'd say it is around 1/3 the size of the Ori vessel making it around 1km or less.

The Ha'tak is definitely to scale (750m - 1km) in that picture.

Based on a size comparison of the Daedalus to the Prometheus, I'd say that the Prometheus is around 500-750m in length.

Based on the Daedalus's battle's with the Wraith Hive Ships early in season 2 leads me to believe the that the Hive Ship is also around 3km.

Furthermore this leads me to make some estimates on the Aurora Class. My best guess puts it at around 2.5km.

They are that big, I was thinking the earth ships were mroe in the catagory of something like 500 meters in length.

I'm not gonna include the Prometheus or any asgard vessels besides the O'neill class.

Default NEWS!

Ok, here's the deal, I'm in the process of finishing the main stuff, stats, write-ups etc. I should be done within the week. But what I really need now is someone who can format the whole thing like a .Net guide or a sourcebook.

I'm also in the process of collecting artwork. If anyone knows of where I can find really cool images (Fan Art is preferred) of the vessels I would be quite greatful.

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

I think it was scottyboy who was the guy to contact about putting in all the legal disclaimers and such for the .Netguides... You could also try giving hisham orravagerofworlds a shout about finding out how they put theirs together.

For artwork - Theres a few places you can try:
    - DeviantArt.com
    - various sci-fi fansites
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

Is SWAG still active?

Thread Information