Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snubjock Game in the Works

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that I'm pretty much ready to move. I need to crank out a few more stats (more for a numeric representation of what certain NPCs can and cant do than any real need), and type a first post. Also I need to come up with a name for the game (suggestions welcomed). Thus, I'd like to ask that if you'd like to play, you have everything, stats, stories, etc. posted here by midnight tuesday night. If this is unreasonable, speak up and we'll deal with it, but honestly, 3 of my 3-5 players are already chosen according to preferentiality, so I have 5 players looking at a max of 2 spots. If you can't get something to me, or at least explain that you need more time, by tuesday night, then it'll just make my decision that much simpler. Not trying to be mean, I just know from experience that letting player interest stagnate can be fatal to a game, and I dont intend to do that.

Thanks all.

Cold
    Last edited by coldskier0320; 5 March 2007 at 08:53 AM.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Blog Entries

Sweet

Well, as for a name, just off the top of my head without thought to quality...

Hometown Blues
    Undercover of the Night
    Outer Rim Graffiti (sorry, couldn't help myself )
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Immoderator

I'm going to be out of town Tuesday & Wednesday (work-related, sorry) and I don't expect to be bringing my laptop with me (more trouble than it's worth). I'll see if I can't sneak onto a computer with internet access Tuesday evening, and Wednesday evening -- with any luck -- I'll be back home.

Way I see it there's a pile more techs than there need be at the moment. Why not spread your skills somewhere else, like I did, to add some incentive for Cold to more seriously consider that character.

Oh and..."Tough Rocks, Hard Knocks."
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Jedi Princess

Here's a vote for Rostek's "Outer Rim Grafitti" as a title.

I'm going to be out of town Tuesday & Wednesday (work-related, sorry) and I don't expect to be bringing my laptop with me (more trouble than it's worth). I'll see if I can't sneak onto a computer with internet access Tuesday evening, and Wednesday evening -- with any luck -- I'll be back home.
    No worries, man. You've already got everything submitted. The Ic thread will probably go up sometime Wednesday, so you won't miss a thing.

What kind of dust?

Generalissimo of the Mud and Mayehm Society

I don't think I'll be able to meet that deadline.

I'll still keep an eye on it, looks like it's going to be a good one.
    Days change, seasons change, people don't change

Actually, the Ic won't go up Wednesday, as we still have to discuss an important element of the game: the fighters. While the fighters you start off with probably won't be your rides for very long, it's still something we'll need to get ironed out.

What kind of dust?

Blog Entries

I should think something classic (read: old and legal)-- like Cloakshapes or Z-95's or even V-Wings-- would be the likeliest.
    Of course, there is the issue security-- flying around in hyperdriveless ships in our own backyard on missions is asking for trouble.

But then, this is something for an OOC thread
    Last edited by Rostek; 6 March 2007 at 02:15 PM.
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Somnambulic Jedi

Okay, now for a submission that seems a lateral move on a couple of levels. Of course I'm happy to make adjustments, and/or clear up any questions, even invite discussion, in fact.

Edit: Made a few changes to better reflect the character's background.... Oh and as for starfighters, I would agree that the Alpha 3 would make sense, and the V 19 is likely a surplus item. The Arc 170 is pretty, and as a ship developed for recon it might work well for surveying, and might be more appropriate for the scenario with its hyperdrive wings clipped. Yet, it seems to be crowded with crew -- not the type of craft the independent-minded fighter jocky would prefer. The PTB 625 is supposed to be similar in appearence, quicker, and more suited to atmospheric ops, as I understand it....

These P 38's might serve the Empire's purposes, but there might be some plausibility issues (are we too tall, and were there enough made to be found on the planet?).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Utapa...38_starfighter

Fise Quarlo: Human Male Soldier 2/Scout 1; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +15 (+3 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 31/12; Atk+4 ranged (3d6-1/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol DH-17, range 12 m) or 0/0 ranged (3d6-1/20, Blaster pistol DH-17 with Multifire, range 12 m) or +3 melee (2d4+1/19-20, Vibro blade) or +3 melee (1d4+1/20, Unarmed);; SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2; SZ M; Rep 1; Str 12, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 12

Equipment: DH-17 Blaster pistol, Vibro blade, Imperial uniform, Utility belt, Imperial flight suit, Canteen, JugFilter, Comlink, military grade, Macrobinoculars, Coolth Backpack, Bedroll, All weather cloak

Skills: Astrogate+6, Climb+2, Computer Use+5, Craft (starfighters)+5, Craft (droids)+4, Craft (hyperdrives)+3, Craft (blaster pistols and rifles)+3, Craft (starship weapons)+3, Demolitions+5, Disable Device+3, Hide+3, Intimidate+2, Jump+2, Knowledge (Imperial Military)+4, Knowledge (starship systems)+5, Knowledge (technology)+4, Knowledge (tactics)+4, Listen+2, Move Silently+3, Pilot+13, Repair+8, Search+3, Spot+2, Survival+2, Swim+2, Treat Injury+5, Speak Basic, Shyriiwook, Huttese, Read/Write Basic

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Martial Arts, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starsip Operation (starfighter), Starship Dodge (starfighter), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Ht: 1.778 Meters
    Wt: 66.7 kilograms
    Hair: White
    Eyes: Brown
    Homeworld/World of Origin: Thyrsus
    Fise has a penchant for antique star fighters, particularly the Belbullab-22 starfighter.

Background: For the past year, Fise Quarlo has enjoyed life on this mountainous planet. He'd lived on other planets, but only ever briefly. By the time he'd start to feel at home, his father, the Commander, would receive new orders that would take them back into the stars. In fact, Fise had spent most of his life on Imperial starships and space stations. His first toys were the tools he found in the docking bays, his first acquaintances the mechanics.

Really, he didn't know what he was missing, didn't know there was anything to miss, until now. Looking out at the dome of blue sky, and the stoic magenta of the mountains, Fise sometimes wondered if he could bring himself to return to life in the large cruisers, the cold of the space stations, or even to follow his orders to report to the Imperial Naval College. The people who lived on this planet amazed him. Their warmth toward one another, the manner they received and took one another in.... There was something more between these individuals than the obligatory exchanges Fise had grown accustomed to among the Imperial military. Often he saw conscripted pilots his age among the survey teams and he wondered what it would be like to be included in their laughter, or to walk with them as they headed off tired but cheered in one another's company. The most he could hope for was the dutiful exchanges over ships' communications on the few occasions the Commander would let him fly on a survey mission.

Flying. Of course that's really all there was otherwise. If asked, Fise wouldn't be able to say when he started flying. He only knew that it began with the Commander (back when he was the Lieutenant) taking him out and around whatever star destroyer they were on at the time. Eventually they flew in tandem, and not long before coming to these mountains Fise had flown in his first two sorties. Flying was simply life, and it was the one thing he excelled at. And this (he'd never forget) he owed to his father, the Commander. Since Fise's mother had died on Eriadu, Commander Quarlo had immersed himself and the boy in an existence where being a good pilot was the answer to every act. Maintaining a ship, the order of his bunk space, the order of his clothing, maintaining a weapon.... All aspects of the boy's life were a reflection of his growth toward becoming the best pilot he could be, and when he fell short the discipline Fise received intended to teach Fise "how to handle himself" in close combat. As far as the Commander could see, the Imperial academy was but a formality. Fise had finished a year ahead and was simply waiting out his months as an ensign under his father's watch. Soon the boy would be off to earn his own bars.

Yet, under the blue sky and among the mountains of their current home something unexpected had begun to happen to the boy. Seeing other beings with such hope, who even in their toil could share a kind word or share a bit of food, made Fise begin to wonder if all of this, the Empire and its agenda, might not be terribly terribly wrong. Fise might not say that he loved his father. This was not a concept in their lives. It was only expected that the boy respect his father. But this too had begun to change in recent days as Fise began to wonder how a man of such mettle and claims to honor could remain blind to the signs of injustice.

Of late, the young man had taken to sleeping out just beyond the edge of the settlement, where he could feel the comforting weight of the mountains on the horizon. On his few survey missions he'd begun to get a feel for the land and to feel safer nestled close to it than in the barracks. More and more often, he considered stepping off beyond the hills where he might discover who he could be if he'd had a choice. And this wanting of choice, though but a fraction of what the beings of this world must know under Imperial authority, was enough for Fise Quarlo to say, low to himself in the night air, "No more."
    Last edited by Poe; 7 March 2007 at 01:34 AM.

OK, our group is going to consist of:

Ris
    Rostek
    Ardent
    Poe

Thanks goes out to everyone who showed some interest, and I'd like to encourage you all to read the IC thread. Also, there may be a point later in the game where we take on a few more players, so if you'd like, keep an eye out for that.

Now that we've got our players, we can deal with ships. I agree with Rostek that we're looking at Z-95s and Cloakshapes, and others of that era. V-19s might work except i dont think they can land w/o specialized equipment.

In any even, if you have a specific ship youd like, let me know. But keep in mind that the Imps (read, me on a bad day) have to approve this craft as legal. Your heaviest weaponry should be some sort of light blaster cannon or some such. Possibly a small conc. missile launcher, but then only with a great alibi.

So let's see what you all want and we can go from there. Just remember, it's March 7th...I expect you'll be in different ships by the end of april, so its not a huge deal.

What kind of dust?

Somnambulic Jedi

Okay, quite exciting.... I'm quite happy to be included!

Well, given Fise's background, it's likely he'd have easiest access to one of these:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/INT-4_Interceptor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/rc_starfighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Scout-A

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Vanguard

I'm not sure where he will be at the start of story, and that would also certainly make a difference. Given the scenario and limited on-world resources (though certainly not my preference), the INT-4 Interceptor is likely. If the support resources are available, the Lone Scout-A would be better. Outside of that, I like the Porax 38 and the Belbullab a lot, but I know those might have to wait. Quite looking forward to feedback, and how all of this will play out in-game!

Well, the Lone Scout would be cool, but it's a transport. Never heard of the INT-4 until just now.

Really, I wasnt thinking that you'd want to use an imperial ship, but I guess it wouldn't be unheard of. Just keep in mind that it's imperial property, not your own, so you wouldn't get any sort of mod work on it.

What kind of dust?

Darn and re-darn ... I just noticed this thread... have a good game!

I'm getting rusty from lack of gaming and this sounded just great...
    Mario A. Escamilla (aka Kerk Korpil, Verpine Starship Mechanic)
    http://sequart.org/books/47
    http://puerto-pirata-veracruz.blogspot.mx/

Somnambulic Jedi

Originally posted by coldskier0320
    Well, the Lone Scout would be cool, but it's a transport. Never heard of the INT-4 until just now.

Really, I wasnt thinking that you'd want to use an imperial ship, but I guess it wouldn't be unheard of. Just keep in mind that it's imperial property, not your own, so you wouldn't get any sort of mod work on it.
    It's not so much that I want to use an Imperial ship. I considered those because of the character's background. Of course this character will defect (a la Darklighter, Solo), but I do hope to be surprised on what the status of that situation will be at the game's start.

The Imperial property issue is fine, of course. I'm actually really looking forward to trading up to whatever ships will be available in the near future. The Alliance has some very cool ships! In the mean time, if it will keep from too much of the story being given away, maybe I should let you surprise me on a ship too.

Jedi Princess

Zarya will take the fastest most agile one of the list, please--whichever that is. I'm sorry but I'm not up to looking it up, am still sick.

Thread Information