Thread: Darkstryder

Default Darkstryder

Does anyone know where i can find these? I only have the first part, I believe there were more? anything you can help with would be greatly apreciated.

Jedi Dropout

There were a number of them, but just before WEG lost their licence, they published a Darkstryder box set. I've seen it on eBay for about $20, sometimes less.
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

awesome, or if anyone knows where i could maybe download it even better. lol Thanks for the help.

ij thompson

The other three supplements are:

The Kathol Rift (might have the title wrong on that one)
    The Kathol Outback
    Endgame

I had them all, and the box, and all the miniatures, but never played the campaign (it seemed a little 'railroady'). But if you want a nice, detailed sector... there it is!

Jedi Dropout

Originally posted by MightyDave
    awesome, or if anyone knows where i could maybe download it even better. lol Thanks for the help.
    Err... that's kind of considered taboo around here. Heh... even the racorpit.com has gone legit now. You probably won't find much help asking about where to download a copy, but I'll be more than happy to send you a message if I find a cheap copy somewhere.
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

I had the whole set with the exception of the mini's that was put out for it but the set went to the ex-wife.

As for where to find it, ebay and amazon dot com are good starts as is any of the online RPG stores like Noble Knight Games.

Hope this helps.
    Captain Tenjou
    Ran: "Grand Theft Bebop", "Fellowship of Mars Division", "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and "Fun with Black Lagoon".

Currently gearing up for "Road Movie to Naboo with Guns"

Blog Entries

I'll also recommend NobleKnight. I've bought many things through them, especially out of print items, and they are always reliable and easy to deal with. Unfortunately, it looks like the two DarkStryder books they have are a bit expensive, so I'd also keep my eye on eBay.

Also, a quick Amazon.com search reveals that some of their "affiliates" have some for sale, but my experience with them has been hit and miss. I tried ordering some used textbooks through their affiliate program while I was in college with mixed results. Still, it looks like many of the DarkStryder books are significantly cheaper there than on NobleKnight, so it just depends on whether or not you want to deal with Amazon.

I'd also like to recommend the campaign as a whole. It is a bit railroady, it's true, and it suggests letting players take on the roles of multiple crewmembers (which I'd only recommend for an experienced group), but the adventures themselves are excellent and a lot of fun. It also helps that the books are extremely well-written, at least in my humble opinion.
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

ij thompson

Did you run through the whole campaign, Moridin? How did the multi-character thing work out for your group?

Blog Entries

I actually ran a small group through the campaign, but they didn't play multiple characters. We tried that for a bit, but it wasn't as fun as making up their own. So what I did was I let them make their own heroes, who took the places of some of the crewmembers included in the campaign, and then used the rest of the crew just as NPCs. It was a bit more challenging, but felt more like a traditional game that way.
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Experienced Player

Every year at GenCon, there's a booth that has all books at half price. They have had the Darkstryder box set (complete with all books) the last two years. They only had one or two each time so you'd have to catch them on the first day.
    Xynar
    The Great Adventurer

Rules aren't broken. People are broken.

Experienced Player

Originally posted by Moridin
    I actually ran a small group through the campaign, but they didn't play multiple characters. We tried that for a bit, but it wasn't as fun as making up their own. So what I did was I let them make their own heroes, who took the places of some of the crewmembers included in the campaign, and then used the rest of the crew just as NPCs. It was a bit more challenging, but felt more like a traditional game that way.
    That's funny. Back when I ran Darkstryder as a part of our regular campaign (what . .. like 1996 or so . . . has is really been that long?), we did the exact same thing.

Thread Information