Thread: Major non-Imperial worlds

Experienced Player

Default Major non-Imperial worlds

Can anyone tell me the names of some of the major non-Imperial worlds during the Rebellsion Era? The only thing I've found so far is the Corporate Sector, which is heavily aligned with the Empire, and the Hapes Consortium, which has pretty much closed its borders.

Mad Tech

Say No to Comic-Book Deaths

There weren't many "non-Imperial" worlds during that era, simply because the Empire was so effective in subjugating them all. There were worlds with Rebel sympathies, and even some that were openly aligned with the Rebel Alliance, but those would likely be the only major worlds. The Empire didn't operate on the "live and let live" principle that allowed so many worlds in the galaxy not to be part of the Republic.

Are you looking for Alliance-held worlds, or did ou have something else in mind?

Experienced Player

I'm basically looking for a planet that is either powerful enough or far enough from the Empire to be able to keep from being forced into the Empire. I need a planet with a large population and advanced technology that might be able to develop new technology that the Empire would be interested in but couldn't simply go in and take by force.

Mad Tech

Experienced Player

Non-Imperial held worlds were indeed pretty rare pre Endor, although after that places like Commenor became independant. Of course, Hutt Space did exist then, so Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta were still non Imperial. And of course places like Wild Space and the Unknown Regions (a fair chunk of the latter was held by the Chiss Ascendancy) weren't Imperial held. Oh, and there's always Adumar, but that doesn't pop up from Wild Space until like ABY 13 or so.
    A pilot, in those days, was the only unfettered and entirely independent human being that lived in the earth.
    - Mark Twain

http://www.d20forge.com/

Mon Calimar?
    Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatari, utulie'n aure!

No. Mon Calamari was Imperial Held.

how about, Sleheyron? Arkania? Bothawui?
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Experienced Player

Hmm, yeah, was Bothan Space still free durring that era?
    A pilot, in those days, was the only unfettered and entirely independent human being that lived in the earth.
    - Mark Twain

http://www.d20forge.com/

Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
    No. Mon Calamari was Imperial Held.
    Well, it was represented on the Galactic Senate when the Empire was formed, and under military occupation for most of Palpatine's reign, but the Mon Cals (and Quarens) were supposed to have revolted and driven the Imperials from the planet and the sector.

This occurs some time before Ep 6, so depending on when your campaign is set, Mad Tech, Mon Calamari could certainly work.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Say No to Comic-Book Deaths

In terms of worlds untouched by the Empire, Csilla might be your best bet, but no one in the Empire or the Rebellion knew about Csilla until years later (with the exception of a possible handful).

The worlds Drendar Morevo mentioned are good bets, too. There were some Rebel worlds that were defended well enough to keep the Empire at bay - or at least they weren't worth the effort it would take to recapture them.

Character Portrait Artist

Anything in Hutt Space might work...
    Modesty is like Dark Side Points. Everyone has their own opinion on where to draw the line.

Player/author/illustrator for Tam Dawncaller in Star Wars: Tapestry

Mon Calamari (or Dac as the locals prefer) is the first that came to my mind too...at least, after the locals had forced the Empire of it.
    And I'm sure the Empire would love to get their hands on the technology behind Mon Cal backup shields...
    that's one idea.

Or, if you don't mind doing a bit more work...
    make up your own world

Major League Infidel

Originally posted by Mad Tech
    I'm basically looking for a planet that is either powerful enough or far enough from the Empire to be able to keep from being forced into the Empire. I need a planet with a large population and advanced technology that might be able to develop new technology that the Empire would be interested in but couldn't simply go in and take by force.
    While not a "major" planet, but by these requirements I would pick a planet in the Gree enclave.
    Its out in an isolated area of the outer rim, The Imperials are more interested in taxing the visitors more then the Gree or their technology, the Gree haven't really closed their borders just discourage visitors and Their obscure technology helps keeps such "toys" in check.

The Gree surpassed Imperial technology level millennia
    before, so it could be just rediscovered tech instead of recently developed technology.
    losing faith in humanity one assclown at a time..

Experienced Player

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions. The Bothans are a possibility I hadn't thought of. The Mon Calamari are also a possibility since my campaign takes place between Ep4 and Ep5. I have never heard of the Gree, but they are also an interesting possibility.

Mad Tech

Thread Information