Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SECR Dominance

Peccator out of residence

Default SECR Dominance

So I realize that what I'm complaining about it actually caused by a very good thing that is working to bring ever more life onto these wonderful boards, so I'll keep it short.

Do you realize just how annoying it is for an RCRBer to open the D20 forum, find half a dozen threads with new posts in the last few hours (a novelty indeed!), and see them all tagged with that SAGA disclaimer?

If not, lucky you.

(Thank you for instituting that disclaimer/warning/whatever oh mighty mods, and saving me GREAT frustration, btw.)
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Its probably about as annoying when the D6ers met the d20ers for the First time.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Yeah... I can't contribute much to the SAGA discussions... it's kinda sad. I liked to haggle over rules.
    Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatari, utulie'n aure!

Say No to Comic-Book Deaths

As one of those D6ers mentioned just now by Drendar, I'm going to ask a pretty stupid question:

Are SAGA and RCRB really that much different? I was under the impression that it was more of a rules update than a complete redo. I guess you learn something new every day...

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Ubiqtorate
    As one of those D6ers mentioned just now by Drendar, I'm going to ask a pretty stupid question:

Are SAGA and RCRB really that much different? I was under the impression that it was more of a rules update than a complete redo. I guess you learn something new every day...
    Different enough for there to be issues discussing it with RCRB players who don't own the book. I'd say the games are 70-80% compatible, which is a pretty big chunk of some key stuff (attacks, defenses, condition track) and some fairly easy to deal with parts (skills feats/talents) which are differing yet more or less of the same conceptual origin.
    I desire what is good. Therefore, everyone who does not agree with me is a traitor-- King George III
    "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- W. Somerset Maugham
    Check out Run to the Rim (NEW! Updated 1/24/08!)
    and
    Old Friends, New Republic (Updated 12/27/07)

Imperial Rules Lawyer

Talking Re: SECR Dominance

Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
    Do you realize just how annoying it is for an RCRBer to open the D20 forum, find half a dozen threads with new posts in the last few hours (a novelty indeed!), and see them all tagged with that SAGA disclaimer?
    HA! Now you know how OCR fans felt when RCR came out.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Imperial Rules Lawyer

Talking

Originally posted by Drendar Morevo
    Its probably about as annoying when the D6ers met the d20ers for the First time.
    Gooood!

-- a former bucket-o-dice sufferer who found happeness in d20.

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Peccator out of residence

Perhaps, but at least D6 and D20 have different forums. (Yes, I know full well that and why no such thing exists for RCR and SECR fans.)

Yeah... I can't contribute much to the SAGA discussions... it's kinda sad. I liked to haggle over rules.
    And I like to have a clue what people are talking about, so, yeah.

Think of it like the difference between the OT adn Phantom Menace. It's all in the same universe, but some would would swear you'd never know.

Different enough for there to be issues discussing it with RCRB players who don't own the book.
    That would be me.

HA! Now you know how OCR fans felt when RCR came out.
    Poor saps.

EDIT: For the record, since I was last here, there have been 7 threads updated in the D20 forum. Six with a [SAGA] tag, and the seventh is entitled 'Future Saga Products'. *sigh...
    Last edited by PsychoInfiltrator; 21 June 2007 at 12:06 PM.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Actually, I had similar issues in D6 when the 2nd Edition and then the 2nd Edition Revised & Expanded came out. Internet wasn't nearly as big a deal back then, so its not like I was trying to deal with keeping everything straight on forums betwen the 1st Edition and 2nd Edition people, but still, I understand your pain. I wouldn't stress about it, though. Saga Edition has been out for how long, now? My guess is that things will straighten themselves out as either the initial rush of Saga posts dies off, or as people adopt SECR to the point where it doesn't matter.

Imperial Rules Lawyer

Originally posted by Ubiqtorate
    Saga Edition has been out for how long, now?
    It hasn't pass the 1-month marker yet.

But at least there are praises. Poor OCR didn't make 30 days before everyone started griping over the rules.

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Immoderator

Originally posted by REG
    But at least there are praises. Poor OCR didn't make 30 days before everyone started griping over the rules.
    SECR wasn't even released and people were griping over the rules.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

What ever happened to those devaronian species stats they said would be in there?
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Imperial Rules Lawyer

Originally posted by Ardent

SECR wasn't even released and people were griping over the rules.
    Bah. They're old folk who are set in their own "rules."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Originally posted by REG
    Bah. They're old folk who are set in their own "rules."
    No need to tell me about that - I'm still set in my own "rules," too. D6 rules, that is...

I think all the Saga Ed activity is because it's the newest, flashy material that's out there. The activity is natural.
    I'm sure once those who have the book have settled down and got used to it, the activity will balance out...actually it'll probably be a good indicator of Saga Ed's popularity if, in a good few month's time, Saga threads are still the majority, then I think it'll show the system's success. If, alternatively, the majority of threads are again RCRB-related, then...the gamers have decided.

Another factor is:
    is there anything to discuss?

If you want more RCRB threads...then make them...but you need something to discuss. At the moment Saga owners do have lots to discuss (as did those who adopted D20 when it originally came out) whereas RCRB-stalwarts perhaps don't...

Give it a month or so, Psych

Or try to get your hands on Saga and take a look firsthand

Thread Information