Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stormtrooper Dress Uniforms

New Player

Default Stormtrooper Dress Uniforms

Anyone know if there has ever been designs for stormtrooper dress uniforms? These would be the ceremonial uniform for awards and such. I wonder if any artists here would like to take a shot at designing one if it hasn't been tackled yet.

Lightbulb

Interesting question!
    I've seen pics of storm trooper officers in black uniforms before, so that's one possibility...

or there are the crimson jumpsuit-like uniforms we see clones wearing on Kamino...

or, you could always have it that their armour is all they ever wear. Remove it and you eliminate the faceless-pawn-of-the-Emperor idea...

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

or, you could always have it that their armour is all they ever wear. Remove it and you eliminate the faceless-pawn-of-the-Emperor idea...
    That sounds most probable. After all, if they werent wearing them for Palpy's arrival in RotJ, when would they wear em?
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

New Player

Originally posted by coldskier0320

That sounds most probable. After all, if they werent wearing them for Palpy's arrival in RotJ, when would they wear em?
    yeah, thats a good point. I suppose they're not getting many awards.

Originally posted by Moebius

...I suppose they're not getting many awards.
    Not for marksmanship anyway!

I would think there would be officers in Stormtrooper squads, like in a real military. I remember something about 'elite squadron troopers' and high ranking officers fighting on Endor (they were the Emperor's "best troops"). I would think that they, at least, would have formal dress uniforms, probably in white or gray (think of Genral Veers).
    Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatari, utulie'n aure!

Chello!

In SW Allegiance (by Timothy Zahn), there is apparently a regualtion that Stormies, even when off-duty, rae not to be seen outside of their barracks w/o armor.

Tony
    There is no peace, there is anger.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    There is no death, there is immortality.
    There is no weakness, there is The Dark Side.

--The Code of the Dark Jedi

Immoderator

Stormtroopers do not, to my knowledge, have dress uniforms at all. If they had to, they seem to use the dress uniform of their assigned body, be it ISB, COMPNOR, Imperial Army, Imperial Navy or otherwise.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Say No to Comic-Book Deaths

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading that, Dalgard, but I couldn't remember where I read it. Thanks for the pointer. It seems like there's sort of a rule that a stormtrooper is only a stormtrooper when he's in armor. Part of the mystique of stormtroopers is that they're not ever seen out of their armor.

Experienced Player
    Commanding the Iron Braclet, A Victory II Class Star Destroyer

Stormtroopers in black uniforms? You mean black armor? There are pics of StormCommandos in black armor in the Rebellion Era Sourcebook, but otherthan that I can't think of any stormtroopers in black uniforms.

This is easily cleared up:

Stormtrooper officers wear black uniforms, similar in cut to the standard khaki fleet officer uniforms, just black (this is an obvious (and chilling) reference to WWII German uniforms-- khaki for regular Army, black for the SS).

These pictures are from the official website, in the Episode IV Visual Guide.

Commander Dir

Commander Praji

Commander Praji leading his troops on Tatooine

This shows that at least the ST officers wear non-armor "non-combat" black uniforms. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I like the idea that rank-and-file 'Troopers always wear the white shell when on duty.
    Last edited by boccelounge; 2 July 2007 at 07:48 PM.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

New Player

In Timothy Zahn's Alliance the stormtroopers were asked why they weren't in there uniforms. The uniforms stormtroopers wear are casual military standard uni's, probaly grey. They also would most likely have a fancy uniform special occasions.
    The force is always with you, unless you're Ulic Qel-Droma

Real men fight with dice

Jedi Princess

Originally posted by Alis_Morningstar
    Stormtroopers in black uniforms? You mean black armor? There are pics of StormCommandos in black armor in the Rebellion Era Sourcebook, but otherthan that I can't think of any stormtroopers in black uniforms.
    FWIW: In the 501st Legion (the Real World one ) the black Imperial Officer unform is refered to as "Stormtrooper Officer."

So those 2 guys in the ANH Detention Block with the helmets were Enlisted Stormies in Class A'S?

IMHO the Stormie Officers may wear dress uniforms to show they're moved from the front lines to Command.

But the Imp Generals, Veers for example, wear Dress Grays...not Blacks.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Experienced Player
    Commanding the Iron Braclet, A Victory II Class Star Destroyer

Hmmm... I always assumed those guys were naval ratings....

Where are you referencing the 501st from?
    The only place I recall it was BattleFront II, and I would call some of the stuff in that game accurate.... See the post titled X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter (NOT THE GAME!!!) for some of its issues with reality.

Thread Information