Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoliers** More thoughts on the direction of the Legacy of the Force series

Experienced Player

You know, the moment I learned that the last book in the series was titled "Invincible", I immediately thought of the Evil Overlord's list of things not to do.

"No matter what, I will never say 'This cannot be happening, I am invincible!' Death usually follows within seconds of uttering this phrase."

Skilled Player

Default Legacy...

When I heard it was Invincible, I thought..."There goes everybody's sanity..."
    I can somehow see Jacen uttering that phrase somewhere along the line. Enter...[pick who you want to see give Jacen a butt kicking]

haha...here's a list of who I think is going to knock Jacen off...teach him a lesson or do something like that...
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Boba Fett
    3. Han Solo/Leia Organa Solo[ I think they're going to have enough at the end of the series]
    4. Jaina-time to teach her naughty brother a lesson
    5. Tenel Ka-I think near the end she is going to see Jacen for what he is...power hungry bad boy...[I see Revenge of the Sith marked all over this relationship

Any one of these people killing Jacen would ultimately be cool. Did I miss any?

Experienced Player

You missed Ben Skywalker. It's unlikely, but not impossible.

And there's only one person left who believes in Jacen. Everyone else, including Tenel Ka, has seen that Jacen has fallen to the Dark Side.

Skilled Player

Oh...yeah...I wonder if he will be as powerful as Luke...Okay...I really didn't read Inferno, and I don't mind getting spoilers about it. And who is this person that still believes in Jacen? I'm racking my brain and I can't think of anybody, other than the fact Lumiya but she's toast now.

Character Portrait Artist

And there's only one person left who believes in Jacen.
    Are we talking about Allana? Or Tahiri Veila?
    Modesty is like Dark Side Points. Everyone has their own opinion on where to draw the line.

Player/author/illustrator for Tam Dawncaller in Star Wars: Tapestry

I for Underachiever

Or Jacen himself? Or Ben???

Devotee of the Sith

Originally posted by Starcloud
    You missed Ben Skywalker. It's unlikely, but not impossible.
    I've considered much the same.

There may come a time, likely just before the end of the LotF series, when Ben will discover ALL the sinister details about his mother's death, and fully accept [which is the most crucial aspect], who was responsible for her death. And at that point, it's more than likely Ben will turn completely against Jacen -- perhaps even feeding on his own feelings of loss and hatred and, ultimately, turning to the Dark Side himself. This is, after all, what Jacen alludes to at the end of Sacrifice:- "He had to be beyond fear of small consciences and even beyond the hatred that would make Ben Skywalker a strong, worthy, and terrifying successor to the title of Dark Lord."

As I see it, Jacen's fate could possibly be decided by Ben. How Ben learns to deal with the final realisation that the most respected person in his life has betrayed both his love and devotion, will likely be the defining point of Ben's entire existence as both a Jedi and a Skywalker. Recall also, that Ben has slowly been experiencing doubts with regard to his relationship with Jacen, even to the point of privately questioning some of Jacen's actions and also acknowledging the Dark Side trend that's tainting most of Jacen's decisions. Mara's death could be the breaking point that will either result in Ben becoming one of the wisest Jedi of the New Jedi Order, or, one of the most powerful Sith of the post-Palpatine era.
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace." -- Darth Sidious (Episode III - Revenge of the Sith)

"The Jedi who fall are the most dangerous of all." -- A line from a children's rhyme (Tales of the Jedi Companion)

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it." -- Darth Bane (Path of Destruction)

Working on:- Secrets of Korriban Sourcebook

Its possible Ben might not kill him. If you remember when Ben was younger he completely cut himself off from the force. It was a safty mechanism of course. However there were Jedi who could as individuals cut another person off from the Force. Ben might walk up and permanently sever Jacen's connection to the Force and then walk away. Leaving Jacen with the out the force to deal with the mess he created could be revenge enough in itself.

Veteran Player

That would be nasty!!
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Skilled Player

Default ...

That would be the greatest act of revenge, I think. And it would serve Jacen right. That one person who still believes in Jacen could be Allana. She doesn't know all the bad stuff he's done, and as far as I know, she doesn't know he's her father.

"Allana...I am your father!"

The whole cutting Jacen off from the Force might take more than one person. Instead of an ultimate lightsaber duel at the end, I would like to see Luke {and Ben} do that. I just learned the whole cutting off of the Force from KOTOR II.

Skilled Player

Default ...

Nasty indeed. [Sorry, my last post I went to reply I accidently created a new thread...ooops! It's probably somewhere in this forum]

The last act of Revenge. Cutting Jacen off from the Force would be punishment worse than death.

Say No to Comic-Book Deaths

I went ahead and merged that other post into this thread, so we're all right.

In the most wretched hive of scum and villany...Washington, DC.

So that explains why my computer thought I was insane.

"Allana...I am your father!"
    Oh, grief.
    Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has at least two, and they usually stink.

Please, visit my blog. It's lonely. And while you're at it, leave a comment too.

Skilled Player

Thanks for fixing that.
    Tarynn Gray of the Hapes Consortium

Take away a woman's beauty, you take away her power-Tarynn Gray

Skilled Player

In my opinion, I think somebody at Delrey or Lucasfilm Ltd, has a vendetta against Luke. Why would they kill off Mara in Sacrifice????

That comment earlier was really dumb. Just ignore it.
    Tarynn Gray of the Hapes Consortium

Take away a woman's beauty, you take away her power-Tarynn Gray

Thread Information