View Poll Results: Which of these is the best Ranged Weapon?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blasters

24 38.10%
  • Bowcasters

3 4.76%
  • Chemical-Propellant Slugthrowers (guns)

6 9.52%
  • Disruptors

1 1.59%
  • Flamethrowers

3 4.76%
  • Flechette Launchers

4 6.35%
  • Grenade Launchers

0 0%
  • Railguns

7 11.11%
  • Rocket Launchers

1 1.59%
  • Sonic Weapons

1 1.59%
  • Other (please specify)

13 20.63%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Ranged Weapons

Default Best Ranged Weapons

Of the above choices, which one do you consider the best?

Please restrict your "Other" replies to man-portable weaponry.
    Last edited by Kayle Skolaris; 18 November 2001 at 07:00 PM.
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

Skilled Player

Best in what way? If its best weapon for a wookie... I'd say bowcaster... Against big vehicles like AT-STs and AT-ATs.. I'd say rocket launcher... But if its just general over all usefullness in combat situations most sentients would find themselves in, I'd have to go with a Blaster of somekind...
    When all else fails... Mug the sullustan repulsor-cab driver...

"If you see something about this big with eight legs, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops communication skills."
    -Londo Molari

"Damn Smokey, you can't argue with a woman!"
    -John Crichton

Best in your personal opinion...
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

well, blasters are more versitile and come in many different shapes and sizes. in my opinion they are the best overall weapon, with the others being more specialized.
    "See, Violence. You'll get the hang of it."
    Chiana to Jool after Jool hits Chiana.

"I can usually spot a planet. They're large, I have good eyes." - Tyr, Episode 108

Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual. - Nietzsche

I mostly agree with you with two exceptions. ChemPro Slugthrowers are easily more versatile than blasters (can be silenced and flash suppressed) and Sonic weapons have the potential to be nearly as versatile as a blaster. The one area where a blaster prevails over a sonic weapon is in a vacuum.

That having been said, I still like the flechette launcher best! 5D Speeder Scale in a multi-shot man-portable package!

Skilled Player

Ya know what... I wish I could go back and change my vote to other... Death Star II superlaser...

"If you see something about this big with eight legs, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops communication skills."
    -Londo Molari

-John Crichton

Talking

I would go with a slugthrower. Even though in Star Wars, everything is more protected against physical attacks, just having an exploding bullet, acid-filled bullet, or just the plane old bio-chemical bullet just makes you wonder why people don't use them more often.
    The fire that burns within and will never extinguish unless you give up

well, since i haven't really looked at much of what WEG put out i don't know much about the different slugthrowers so i don't all the different slugthrowers so i was just going on what i know maybe i need to read more WEG stuff.
    "See, Violence. You'll get the hang of it."
    Chiana to Jool after Jool hits Chiana.

"I can usually spot a planet. They're large, I have good eyes." - Tyr, Episode 108

Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual. - Nietzsche

True, blasters do more damage than slugthrowers. And they are used a bit more widely than slugthrowers. But the versatility of the slugthrower is much better. Like Kayle said, they can be supressed in several ways (sound, sight, etc) and work even in space. Plus, they different types of bullets out there, and the types of chemicals used to propell them is wide and vary.
    The fire that burns within and will never extinguish unless you give up

A Hoopy Frood Who Really Knows Where His Towel Is

Other: Far Sight XR-20 from Perfect Dark.

Geez, I've got to play fewer video games...

...or at least make more of them Star Wars games.
    -El

"The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

Skilled Player

Mmmmm... Farsight... Campers bestest friend...

-Londo Molari

-John Crichton

D6 Forever!

I chose "other". GM created weapons are best. I once created an "organic" weapon that used biologically created concentrated acid as a projectile. If it hit a soft target, it penetrated and then began to eat away at the insides of the target. If it hit a hard target, it would be stopped, but then the acid would kick in and possibly eat through the armor and into the target beyond. The acid would lose it's dangerous concentration the more it ate through, so that it didn't eat through the target, the floor, the ships hull and thus cause problems.

So my choice is for GM created weapons being best.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

Its all aobut using the Force to hurl a handful of pebbles at a squad of advancing Stormtroopers.
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
    Its all aobut using the Force to hurl a handful of pebbles at a squad of advancing Stormtroopers.
    "That's the stupidest idea since Greedo shooting first!"

Thread Information