Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Last Grand Admiral [OOC]
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Grand Admiral [OOC]

Default The Last Grand Admiral [OOC]

Dramatis Personae
    Lieutenant Keliz Rheir
    Former Trianii Ranger
    DEX 3D+2
    Acrobatics 5D+2, Blaster 5D+2, Dodge 5D+2

KNO 2D
    Intimidation 4D, Law Enforcement 4D, Streetwise 3D

MECH 3D

PER 3D
    Investigation 4D, Persuasion 5D, Sneak 4D

STR 2D+2 (2D+1)
    Brawling 4D+2, Climbing/jumping 4D+2

TECH 4D+1
    Starfighter Repair 5D+1, (A) Starfighter Engineering 2D, Starship Weapons Repair 5D+1
    Security 5D+1

Special Abilities:_
    Special Balance: +2D to all actions involving climbing, jumping, acrobatics,or other actions requiring balance._

Prehensile Tail: Trianii have limited use of their tails. They have enough control to move light objects (under three kilograms), but the control is not fine enough to move heavier objects or perform fine manipulation (for example, aim a weapon)._

Claws: The claws of the Trianii inflict STR+1D damage.

Special Abilities:
    Acrobatics: Time to use: One round. This is the skill of tumbling jumping and other complex movements. This skill is often used in sports and athletic competitions, or as part of dance. Characters making acrobatics rolls can also reduce falling damage. The difficulty is based on the distance fallen.

Force Points: 1
    Character Points 5
    Move: 10
    Gear: Heavy blaster pistol (5D), throwing knives (STR+1D+1), repair kit, security kit, datapad, comlink.
    Captain Garven Senesca
    Human Brash Pilot
    DEX 3D
    Blaster 4D

KNO 2D
    Planetary Systems 3D (Bestine: 4D)

MEC 4D
    Astrogation 5D, Starfighters Piloting 7D (X-Wings: 8D), Starship Gunnery 6D (Proton Torpedoes: 7D)

PER 3D
    Command 4D

STR 3D
    Brawling 4D

TEC 3D
    Starfighter Repair 4D

Character Points 5
    Gear: Blaster pistol, comlink, credcards, datapad, some datacards about his mission, his uniform, some spare clothing and flight suit.
    Irys Kas'lya
    Bothan Envoy
    DEX 4D
    Blaster 5D, Dodge 5D, Melee 5D

KNO 4D
    Cultures 5D, Streetwise 5D, Bureaucracy 5D

MEC 1D

PER 5D
    Con 6D, Investigate 6D, Persuasion 7D

STR 2D

TEC 2D
    Security 3D, Computer Programming/Repair 3D

Character Points 5
    Gear: Luxan Penetrator, 5 power packs, datapad, wardrobe of fine clothing.
    Keliz Rheir
    Dossier: (this is the publicly available information on Keliz, a routine record pull will reveal all of this) Keliz Rheir is a former Trianii Ranger who served as the tech for a Ranger team. Keliz' team was killed, except for her, in an incident involving the CSA about six months before the Battle of Yavin. Keliz took a hardship leave from the Rangers and joined up with the Rebel Alliance shortly after the Battle of Yavin where her technical prowess quickly earned her accolades. Evaluations from supervising officers indicate Keliz can be stand-offish, and she still harbors a strong grudge against the CSA. Alliance Intel found no indications that Keliz was a Trianii plant, rarely making contact with her family and even then keeping the contact to a minimum. Keliz was a participant in the A-Wing design team, much to the chagrin of some other members who were both startled with her engineering ability and her debating technique. Many Trianii values are forefront in the A-Wing performance, and team members believe her influence had a significant part in that result. Keliz is considered a professional-level investigator and law enforcement agent by Alliance High Command, although she has not been called on to use those skills in service. Keliz is also rated as an above average combatant, another area of expertise that has not been utilized.
    Garven Senesca
    Dossier: Garven is a veteran of the Civil War, even though he doesn't look (or really act) like it. He heard about the greater Rebellion about the time the first Death Star was destroyed, and vowed to join it after the Imperials occupied his homeworld of Bestine IV. Putting his skills behind the wheel to the good of the Rebel Alliance, he hopped into a Headhunter and shot down two TIE fighters attacking a Rebel transport. He swiftly graduated into Y-Wings, becoming a member of a training squad that raided Imperial supply caches. Before long he was flying in the major battles, flying nearly every fighter available--Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, even a TIE fighter once--but there was only one he truly loved to fly: the Incom T-65 X-Wing. It was in that model of ship he became a quadruple ace, and became part of the crack Maverick Squadron. Garven was a "Mav" when the Rebel Alliance became the Alliance of Free Planets, later the New Republic, and was promoted to Captain a year after Coruscant fell--a victim of bureaucracy. Unfortunately, in all the excitement of finally being promoted, he got drunk, took a lady up in an unauthorized joyride of his X-Wing, and nearly took out a house. For that, he was separated from acting duty and had his flight license revoked (though they figured demoting him so soon after he was promoted might be a bit too cruel.) His separation was then changed to a reassignment by someone in Command, and now he finds himself as a military attache on a diplomatic mission to Obroa-skai. His second chance; his Reflex save; his new life. And this time, he's not going to ruin it.

Appearance: Garven's build is somewhat average of the human species, with a round face, emerald green eyes set just slightly back in his skull, with a mop of black-blue hair on his head. Although he's still young--only about 27--there's already a hint of wrinkles around his eyes, which is where all the pain of the conflicts he's fought in and the career he lost resides, built up. He carries himself professionally--and closed to outsiders.

Personality: The brash fire that most X-Wing pilots burn with is still with Gharv, but it's locked behind an opaque forcefield. The loss of his pilot license was like a lightsaber to the heart, and now he's a wounded animal, trying to recover. To do that, he acts the consummate professional, accepting orders, not giving backtalk, swearing off alcohol, women, and smoke, and being what some pilots would call a buzzkill. But boy, if he could ever hop behind the joystick of an X-Wing again...
    Irys Kas'lya
    Capsule: Irys is a fiarly typical example of a Bothan her age. A niece of Councilor Borsk Fey'lya, Irys has earned her current status and power through wit, cunning, persuasion, and political maneuvering. At some point, she'd proven herself to her uncle, who agreed to make her one of his top aides, using her talents to further his own influence, while allowing his ambitious younger relative to increase her own status as well. While the Councilor doesn't see her as a rival in any sense, he has recently come to appreciate just how assertive the young woman really is, and while he is benefitting from having someone of her caliber on his personal staff, he is also careful to keep from trusting her too far. She has a sharp-wit and a silver tongue, and Fey'lya has sent her into a variety of situations, most of which she's handled admirably well. When things progress beyond negotiations, though, she's also pretty good with a blaster.

Description: Irys, like her uncle, is covered in a thick layer of cream colored fur that waves and ripples with her emotions. Her eyes are a piercing bright blue, and her build is lithe and graceful. She is slightly on the tall side for a bothan female, making her just about average by human standards.

Personality: Irys is fairly typical of an up and coming bothan, power hungry, poised, and self-centered, she is mostly interested in attaining more power and influence. While she likes and supports Borsk Fey'lya, she personally believes that his anti-human leanings and political infighting will weaken the Republic and, eventually, lead to his downfall. Irys is convinced that she need only wait for the right moment to distance herself from Fey'lya, and use the situation to amass even more influence.

You all start off in the shuttle down from the orbiting assault frigates(the Esteem, Proud, Just and the command ship Axiom), Irys having given a briefing before departing. I thought it'd be interesting to do the briefing as a flashback.
    If you have any questions, shoot.

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I thought it'd be interesting to do the briefing as a flashback.
    If you have any questions, shoot.
    Okay, you asked for it.

I'm wondering exactly what would go into a diplomatic mission briefing.

I sat down on my lunch break all ready to roll, and was stumped as to exactly what'd occur. I'm familiar with the typical military briefing: mission objectives, infil, exfil, particular concerns, possible aid & allies, ICE contacts (if any), etc. But as far as a diplomatic briefing, the clearest concept I could get would be a general lesson on the planet in question (location, history, culture, notable persons, etc), and aside from that, a general, "Go get em! Make them like us!"

Also, I want to do a good job of it without stepping on toes...thinking Fey'lya and perhaps Leia might have organized the briefing?

If you'd like to collaborate on the flashback, I am very willing to do so. If you'd like me to handle it, just give me a rough outline if what you'd like in it.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

In the most wretched hive of scum and villany...Washington, DC.

Question on Keliz: is she of the bigger, more fluffy variety of Trianii, or the Julani variant, more humanesque?
    Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has at least two, and they usually stink.

Please, visit my blog. It's lonely. And while you're at it, leave a comment too.

Great opening post, SJ. Really gives some good insight as to where Garven stands and his current frame of mind.

What kind of dust?

Cold, you could have it that councilor Fey`lya (or even a pregnant councilor Organa-Solo if you wish. She could have shown some irritation or barely-veiled hint at nepotism on Fey`lya's part ) briefed Irys before sending her to the Axiom to meet Garven and Keliz and then brief them.

As for what would comprise a diplomatic briefing: your guess is as good as mine You needn't go into details on your superior's briefing of you, and your briefing of Garven & Keliz could be predominantly a review of Obroa-skai's people, the importance of the location (and their archives), what problems Irys forsees (what arguments the obroans might have against joining the NR) and how she intends to counter them. I could throw some ideas/questions together and PM you them if you want?

If you like you can send me that PM, but if you're busy, I think that'll be enough to get me moving on a post. My big thing was worrying about going into too much detail & having those details muck up your nefarious plotting.

What kind of dust?

No problem Cold, I don't want to Casey Jones you.
    ...plus as a Mod I do have teh edit funxionz.

Originally posted by coldskier0320
    Great opening post, SJ. Really gives some good insight as to where Garven stands and his current frame of mind.
    Hey man, I aim to please.

Please, visit my blog. It's lonely. And while you're at it, leave a comment too.

Immoderator

I think that'll do.

As far as looks, most of the details wouldn't mean much to a non-Trianii, even Irys, but the obvious stuff:

Keliz has a lean build, with a very slight tail. She's of average height for a Trianii female, and has downy black fur marbled with veins of blue and silver. Her eyes are a luminous green and somewhat larger than is normal for Trianii. Despite this, she guards her emotions tightly and is not particularly expressive.

Keliz' behavior has in the past been borderline unprofessional. Trianii decorum standards differ from Imperial standards, and Keliz has done her best to adapt. However, she still has a way of being very direct without necessarily being blunt. She's cultivated an aura of danger due to her stand-offishness, and reacts poorly whenever the CSA is mentioned.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Nice post, Ardent. For Irys' part, I found this image...just lose the flashlight and make her a blonde.

Last edited by coldskier0320; 29 March 2011 at 10:31 AM.

What kind of dust?

Excellent posts, everyone!

Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
    "...is there going to be more of a security detail on the planet, and what about our support staff in general?"
    On planet: you three and you three only. Obroa-skai does of course have its own security forces, but they're not exactly what you'd call `battle-hardened`.

In orbit: four New Republic assault frigates, each carrying a squadron of starfighters (quite possibly where Garv would rather be ).

There! Gave the IC thread a `title shot`. Many thanks to the artist for the Hungarian version of Heir to the Empire

If you three have more chatting to do then: great. Or if you'd prefer I have your tub land...?

Full speed ahead, cap'n.

What kind of dust?

Well, they had support teams in the background in the diplomatic mission to Adumar. Just saying.

Thread Information