Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revising Innate Abilities

Veteran Player

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Two new ones...

Jack of all Trades
    You can naturally turn your hand to anything.
    Cost: 15 Character Points
    Effect: Add +1 to skill rolls when you do not have any extra dice or pips in the skill, i.e. Attribute +1.

Deadeye
    You are a crack shot with ranged weapons.
    Cost: 15 Character Points
    Effect: When using a ranged weapon, the difficulties for the weapon ranges are reduced by one step to a minimum of Very Easy, e.g. shooting at a target at medium range is an Easy task.
    Notes: The benefit of this Innate Ability applies against targets making use of Full Reaction, but it adds no benefit to Opposed Rolls.

Deano
    Not bad..
    Going back to one of your older IAs.. I have scanned both the base and the R&E rule book but do not see anywhere it listing a penalty for using your 'off hand'.
    So what do YOU make it?
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Webmaster: TORIS, Reviewed Sites, Link Archive

Thanks

This is the way I deal with it...

Whilst holding two pistols or two single handed Melee weapons, a Character may elect to try and use both weapons in the same action phase as part of a single attack action. To do this a character must make separate skill rolls for each attack and suffer a -2D penalty to each roll in addition to any other penalties, e.g. Multiple Actions. Characters may target multiple opponents as long as they are in range or reach. The additional penalty can be reduced to -1D if the character is Ambidextrous.

Deano
    TORIS - http://toris.magriller.net
    SWRPG Reviewed Sites
    SWRPG Link Archive

Jedi Dropout

I'd entirely forgotten about this section of TORIS. And Deadeye is interesting. Jack of all trades would be a no-brainer to take, I think. Essentially you gain a +1 to all untrained skills, giving you a massive CP to benefit ratio. Granted, it only works for untrained skills, so I'm not going to suggest that it's completely unbalanced, though perhaps the CP cost should be great enough to make you think about whether or not you really wanted to take it.

Thanks for resurrecting the thread.
    "Tedium and drudgery are good for the soul." - Boober Fraggle

D6 Utilities and Fan Books

Webmaster: TORIS, Reviewed Sites, Link Archive

Here's a new one for ya...

Keen Senses
    Your senses are far sharper than most.
    Cost: 10 Character Points
    Effect: Add +1 to PER or Search Rolls involving vision or hearing.
    Notes: This bonus stacks with any racial benefits the character may have

Deano
    TORIS - http://toris.magriller.net
    SWRPG Reviewed Sites
    SWRPG Link Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Here's a new one for ya...

Keen Senses
    Your senses are far sharper than most.
    Cost: 10 Character Points
    Effect: Add +1 to PER or Search Rolls involving vision or hearing.
    Notes: This bonus stacks with any racial benefits the character may have

Deano
    I believe we've forgotten smell & possibly touch dependent on the situation. Shistavanen as an example are great scent-trackers. I knew someone who played this well, using her nose (and Demolitions skill) to tell if blast damage was Mining explosive, military-grade missiles, or starfighter lasers by sniffing some of the char (along with an exceptionally good roll).

The Player might need to specify which sense is boosted by this ability & the GM play into (and occasionally against) it. An extra-sensitive sense is also more easily overwhelmed. I personally have better-than-average hearing, especially in the high frequencies (Dog Whistle is quiet but not silent), & am occasionally quite annoyed by high-pitch sounds the "Normals" are utterly blithe to. On the flipside of that coin I can usually tell a cheaply recorded/reproduced sound as the high end most people don't hear sounds "flat" to me
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 2 December 2016 at 09:05 PM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Thread Information