Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Shadow Tide [OOC] - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tide [OOC]

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Sorry, yes things have been...interesting, to say the least, ain RL. No worries, I'll work up a post within a few hours here. Might not be the next great American novel, but it'll serve to futher things along and characterize Talya a bit. She's a challenging character for my to play, so often times I need to take some time to think about how she would respond in a given situaiton.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

After your next posts, what do you guys think of me posting a cutscene that takes you all to level six? I'll post the maps for the levels to there as well. That's where the real weirdness begins.... Oh, and that's where the door to Destiny assignments is.

Okay, guys, just a few things. First, I'm sorry those maps are a bit sloppy.... I will find a better way, and for now, they should help place the more primary things. Oh, and please don't miss my edit of my post before last. "Koko" as a droid name makes fro too many oko's in the story, so the droid is 4B. I apologize for any shake-up in suspension of disbelief this might have caused. Otherwise, depending on how you all handle the next two or three posts, there's a level-up right in front of you!

So do I need to redo that last post? There are real life examples of what he said about temples but i am wondering if it is not something he should say in that spot or not really something that would concern us at the moment. if I need to I will edit the post. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice Man View Post
    So do I need to redo that last post? There are real life examples of what he said about temples but i am wondering if it is not something he should say in that spot or not really something that would concern us at the moment. if I need to I will edit the post. thanks.
    It's more the circular reasoning that has Talya a bit nonplussed with regard to further conversation with Rick.

Renna: "This is the temple."
    Rick: "I think I know who built this temple."
    Cali: "This may not be a temple."
    Talya: "He's right, it's possible that it was something else."
    Rick: "It may have been a non-religious temple."
    Talya: "Religious use is what would make it a temple."
    Rick: "This may not be a temple!"
    Talya (thinking): "Uh...glad you could join us..."

What kind of dust?

When I wrote that cutscene with the droid coming to you guys, I thought I'd said enough to indicate that level five was severely damaged. I was worried a little that sweeping you guys up to level 6 might mean some things would get overlooked. I'm sorry if that is the case. You would have passed through level five otherwise (well, your characters did, but I glossed it), and I would have given more detailed description of the rubble and the big hole in the exterior wall there. So, here I've pulled some stuff from that cutscene post for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluco View Post
    Up the next round of stairs to the shambles of level five, 4B's photoreceptors adjust to the sudden light coming through the massive broken opening opposite the stairs, and he continues on.
    Level 5 (currently immediately below you)

Also, just in case.... That dot that is on each level of the map is the column that has been a topic of discussion. It is a stone column, like those on, say, the Parthenon, but this one is smooth, plane; and at places intersects any surrounding walls. The energy signature 4B has identified runs through the center of this column:

Quote Originally Posted by 4B
    Within the column's center a 3.8-centimeter-diameter column of energy extends upward and down through the floor of this structure.
    The "structure" being the "temple."

Default RE: IC Post #62

Vice, those maps I posted are clickable. When you click on them, they open as a larger image (granted on an image hosting site, but that one seems pretty safe, so no need to be afraid to open those, I'd wager).

So when you look at the image of level 5 (the level directly below where you guys are now (please see post above this one)), you'll see some typed text in the upper left. It reads, "Open to the outside." This open space is surrounded by doodles I'd thought were pretty convincing representations of rocks and pebbles and broken stone -- as if to suggest an implosion point. I'm sorry for the bad drawing.

For posterity, for when the alien archaeologists come and wonder what was going on with this post:

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/show...l=1#post813258

Also, adventurers, I apologize about points where things aren't exactly crystal. Much of that is by design, though I'm trying to determine what degree of obviousness is most fair. I like to piece things together when reading, especially when reading sci fi and mystery. I know, as the maker of the story, some things might seem more obvious to me than to a reader, so this is good for helping me understand what degree of puzzle work is accessible to players/readers. It's my fault if heads-nor-tails can be made from what I've posted.

I doubly apologize if on the other hand I am giving too much away with these explanations. I'd hate to ruin the fun of piecing things together for anyone.

By the way, when you guys post, it's like I just won an eBay bid! You guys keep me thinking, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll handle the action to come!

Also, I hope this will be of some use:

Last edited by Aluco; 14 February 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????? Anyone still going post?

Yeah, I still going post.

Been a really rough week, and to avoid breaking the streak, the smartphone I use to check here through the day bricked on me. Yay for $50-250 to get reconnected with the world.

What kind of dust?

No problems was just seeing if people where still doing this pbem adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Vice Man View Post
    No problems was just seeing if people where still doing this pbem adventure
    Oh yeah! And how!

Thanks for hanging in there, guys! I certainly understand when RL slows us down a little. I usually give it about nine days from the day I post before I get antsy. I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming up in the next few posts. It's weird, though.... It's been my week off, but I've been very busy with RL stuff I've been putting off too long. However, I'm ready when you guys are.

And, yeah, things have been roleplay-focused so far. Action aspects are coming right up!

Sorry to hear about the phone trouble Cold. My own iPhone is on the fritz a bit, so I sympathise.

Cali'll react to whatever Talya tells us.

Thank you, Ronin.

Cold, of course I am also looking forward to what Talya offers next. She has the key, so to speak.

And, Ronin, I am looking at updating info on my 22nd character in the week to come. I'm liking the story, though the character is a little different than what I'm used to writing in some ways, so that's good practice. Sorry if I'm taking my time. I don't mean to luxuriate, but if there's no hurry.... [/shrug]

Anyway, thank you for giving this a nudge. It's nice to know that someone is with me on refusing to let this story die.

Sorry guys, things have been insane for weeks now. Possibly letting up, but also possibly not.

Aluco, if you want to move along, feel free to NPC Talya a bit. While I'm definitely still interested in the game, and I will definitely be back, at the moment, I can't say with certainty when exactly I'll be able to do it, and it isn't fair to you guys to keep you waiting.

I'll continue to check in and read along when I can, but for now, between work and school, I'm always completely lacking either energy, time, or inspiration, if not all three. I suppose it's good to be appreciated at work (in the form of getting appointed as one of the heads of a big project), but this past week, when I get home, I have zero motivation to do anything. Haven't tied a fly, written a post, taken a photo, or anything in weeks and its driving me crazy!

What kind of dust?

Quote Originally Posted by coldskier0320 View Post
    I suppose it's good to be appreciated at work (in the form of getting appointed as one of the heads of a big project)
    Absolutely awesome! Way to go. I say keep up the good work. I will be here when you're ready, and I will try to keep Talya out of trouble on your behalf.

I certainly appreciate the RL situation, and thank you for the update. Hang in there, and don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Thread Information