Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tide [OOC]

Originally posted by Aluco
    You are now well-beneath Ando Prime's ocean surface. The car stops, and though she's told you you're rooms are on level thirty-seven, she steps out on thirty-eight into another large circular room.
    The room referred to above is the mess, and it is one floor above you quarters.

The second door does not open onto a lift tube at all, but rather a well-lit stairwell by which Renna leads you down yet another floor.
    The significance of this is to show you where the stairwells are in case of an emergency where the lifts don't work. Whether that's Renna's concern or mine is.... well, yeah. So, she's taken you down one flight, from 38 to 37. The primary bay is on level one. So, like in a skyscraper, the highest numbered floor is at the top. The dome is not numbered, but will be referred to by many as Information Processing. I hope this helps and makes sense.

In short, your rooms are on 37. The mess is on 38. Your labs are on 36 . There are 32 floors above you.
    Last edited by Aluco; 14 December 2011 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks Aluco, I guess I got confused becuase We came in from the top down. Thanks for the clarification.

Also, Ronin Your use computer check needs to be +13 not +8 becuase of the feat Skill Focus, just thought you needed to know.

Vice Man
    Last edited by Vice Man; 15 December 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Originally posted by Vice Man
    Also, Ronin Your use computer check needs to be +13 not +8 becuase of the feat Skill Focus, just thought you needed to know.
    That'd be my bad..... I Have to repost the newest drafts of your characters, yet. In these character-building lead ups, I've been negligent.... Focusing on posts and RL.

hey real life is important and posting to keep the game going is also important, its no big deal. just thought i would let someone know.

Aluco, I hope you don't mind but I used my powers of Mod-hood to edit Cali's profile. Thought I'd save you a bit of time.
    Thanks for spotting it Vice but if you post about it here OOC you don't have to send me a PM too. I'll read it here.

I'll post IC later today if possible.

Sorry the story has a slow start so far. The character development has a good chance at this point, though, I think. I did not mean to interrupt the conversation between you two.... Just trying to keep the setting fresh.

Signal me when you're done with the getting-to-know-one-another scene with Richard heading back to his room. I have the update for after that written, and then I'll hop you guys to the Level One bay, if that's okay.

Hang in there. I'm hoping this will be a fun, and a little scary, story worth sticking around for.

No Problems Aluco, I would post but waiting for Ronin. can't wait to see what happens.

Vice Man

Don't worry, Aluco.
    I'm enjoying it so far.
    I'll do an IC post later today.

I'm not sure if the Talids are common knowledge or not, Aluco? If they are common knowledge them Cali missed them in his quick read-up about the planet.

That's a good point, Ronin. I'm glad you brought that species up. I wish I could say I've read as many SW books as so many other site members. So, I spend a lot of time in my character and post preparation cross referencing and researching ideas in Wookieepedia. A historian-type character could be made pretty convincing through stuff cataloged there (big hint for Vice Man, though I'm sure he's already all over that.)

Default alarm clocks and such

I should clarify that, well, I'm hoping you guys caught this bit in post 13:

where there is a sofa doubling as a bed, a desk with a chair and pop-up computer consul.
    That pop-up screen will have anything you might need media-wise. So, Holonet access, and clocks, streamed music, even intranet for the facility.

Of course you can also expect a breakfast in the mess/cafeteria in the AM. Not a military-specific facility (so you won't miss breakfast if you're not there by 6, say), meals simply switch theme with the time of day.

Nice exchange! Especially the last bit, by the way.

I haven't forgotten you two. I'm currently drafting a reply to Viceman's last post.

Calisia'll head to bed too.
    I'll be away from the interwebs for a couple of days so I'll wish you both a Merry Christmas now.

I know the holidays have everyone busy. I for one have had plenty to keep me distracted from stories in the daytime hours. Anyway, I plan on posting an update tomorrow night, unless there's anything either of you would like to post first, especially re. the last PMs I sent.

Hoping you've had a great holiday season so far!

Sorry I haven't updated yet. I won't be able to until the new year...sorry!

Have a very good new year Aluco and Vice!

Thread Information