Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Shadow Tide [IC] - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tide [IC]

Richard nodded at Calisia and went in his own unit and setting his kit bag on the floor next to the bed and sat down. Richard shed his heavier outer layers and his boots. Richard put on some slip on inside shoes. He stood and stretched. Richard went and stared out the transparasteel veiwport. wow that is alot of water Richard thought. Wondered what happened to make this planet colder?

With that he looks around the kitchen and reheats the crab looking meal that had been put in the conservator. he pulls out the water and the root beer. Richard pulls that crab out of the reheater, Richard grabs his satchel and the drinks then head over to Calisia's and keys the attention stud beside the door.

Calisia looked up at the chime from his door and went across to open it.
    He smiled wryly when he spotted the food and drinks in the other's hands. Clearly they both had thought it best to prepare. Oh well, at least they were both organised. That ought to make work easier.

He motioned Richard in to the room.
    "I guess yours is pretty much the same?" he asked, referring to the decor and space, while taking a seat and uncapping a bottle of water.

Richard glances around and nods his head " Pretty much." Richard takes a chair and sits down across from Calisia on the couch and puts down his food and drink.

Richard sits down and looks at Calisia and says " So what is your degree in? Mine is a Doctorates in Archaeology and a Bachelors in Galactic history. And as a side job I have kept up the university's computer system." Richard then picked up a utensil and takes a bite of his crab.

The white plasform table in front of the couch (probably from the same mold as the one in his own room, Richard might note) is surprisingly sturdy. Its legs and top are each about ten centimeters thick, and the sheen that one might associate with lower quality furniture is absent. Rather, this piece has the powdery opaqueness of lightly sanded marble. The high tea table and short-backed tall stools in the kitchenette are probably of the same manufacturer.

Now, in the low light, slow flittering creatures -- like luminescent handkerchiefs pulled through the air on string, or like large iridescent gossamer moths buffeted in a light breeze -- can be seen outside the room's one large window. They are the first stars of night beneath the ice.

" So what is your degree in? Mine is a Doctorates in Archaeology and a Bachelors in Galactic history. And as a side job I have kept up the university's computer system."
    Calisia nodded as he listened.
    "If I have any trouble with my data console, I know who to call then," he said, smiling. He was a dab hand with a computer himself, but chose not to mention it. He figured they'd get along better if it seemed they could aid each other in their work...whatever it turned out to be.
    "Astrophysics, myself. Though down here I don't think we'll be seeing many sta-" as he spoke he turned his head to nod toward the window, his words catching in his throat as the animal - was it some kind of jellyfish? - appeared in the water beyond.
    "Well would you look at that!"

Richard looked at the creature while chewing his bite and gazed with wonder. He had of course seen many depictions of creatures in ancient ruins over the years but seeing something that strange and close was still a good thing every now and then.

Richard remembered to breathe then said "kinda looks like about dozen different wall inscriptions for various creatures on many different planets. Although I don't think they had this in mind when they drew them." Richard smiled then "I don't know about finding star ships but if you think about it then we have everyone we need to make sense of one. Dr. Halkus is a physiologist he can determine how things where built to suit whatever people built it, your an astrophysicist so you can figure how it work, and I help determine language,culture, things like that, so who knows, they may have found one or we may yet find one, heck considering the lengths they went to get us here, it could be a possibility."

Dozens-upon-hundreds of the creatures can now be seen undulating gracefully in the cold depths outside the window. If taken from the water and laid out on a dock, one of these translucent curiosities would measure no more than a twenty-five centimeter diameter. They seem to be hunting, or grazing, on undetectable micro-organisms. Watching them, one feels at peace, and it is easy to imagine spending an hour or more just watching them navigate the gentle deep water currents.

"I don't know about finding star ships but if you think about it then we have everyone we need to make sense of one. Dr. Halkus is a physiologist he can determine how things where built to suit whatever people built it, you're an astrophysicist so you can figure how it work, and I help determine language, culture, things like that, so who knows, they may have found one or we may yet find one, heck considering the lengths they went to get us here, it could be a possibility."
    Calisia chewed some crab, occasionally taking a swig of water as they watched the - hat would be the correct term? Flock? School? - of 'jellyfish' beyond his window.
    "Well, Renna - that was her name, right? - she mentioned a temple down there. What do you think, prehistoric ruins? That would rule out the immigrant Aqualish. You think we're here because they found something non-native down there? I hope this isn't a wild bantha chase, I wouldn't want to have come all this way to find myself picking through some tusk-face's soggy old bones at the bottom of a frozen ocean."
    The mention of force fields being used to hold back the ocean down below, where the work was taking place...the presence of Dr. Halkus...it all indicated something big. Calisia just wasn't seeing it yet.

Richard eats some crab, drinks some root beer, watches the creatures pass by the window and listens to what Calisia is saying.

"Well considering the "defenses" she mentioned, the narrow switchbacking trail, and a Temple at the top that looks more like a stronghold, sure that would seem to make sense, but temples are built for a reason, weather its a holy site, seclusion, or to defend a "holy relic", which in this case could be anything from a small craft to an entrance to an early republic base of some sort, I can tell that both my archaeology and history knowledge will be put to the test here."

Richard looks back to Calisia "Not to change the subject and It might be a little early for this but since I don't know anyone else, how about we make a little deal? We help each other out, and watch each others backs? If we don't do it no one else will." Richard knew he was probably going out on a limb but he felt like it was a good time and that he might not get a chance in the future.

"Sounds good to me," Calisia replied. He then stuffed the rest of the crab in his hand into his mouth, wiped his fingers on his leg and held out his hand to shake Richard's.
    He then looked about the room.
    "Actually, I still have no idea what time it is. Perhaps best to get some kip soon. Want to have a clear head for tomorrow," he said, jerking his head toward the window.

Richard finished his crab and drink while Calisia is talking and he smiled as he heard the approval for his plan. When Calisia mentions bed, he thinks that is a good idea. Richard stands collecting his plate, bottles and satchel and then stands up. "That is a great idea, I will see you tomorrow morning then." Richard nods at Calisia then walks out of the door.

Once in his own unit he disposes of his trash, and puts the dish in the washer. After that Richard takes an empty data card and sets to download to an empty data card any information about the temple, the dig, finds, composition material of the temple and anything inside, anything that was written on or in the temple, any historical facts on the temple and area as well as any history uncovered in the temple. After setting that up he shuts off the lights and heads to bed.

Upon waking, Rick will find the data script has completed its run, and has placed more than twenty files on his datacard. There is an exhaustive amount of information in each file. It could take him several hours to read everything. The artifact lists include hundreds of items ranging from miniscule to massive, and a statement stands out in one of the artifact reports he is able to skim over breakfast: "it could take years to catalogue these finds."

From the files, it is easy to ascertain that teams of individuals, probably those working in the dome, whom Renna referred to as the "information processing team," have been assigned to cataloguing and interpreting anywhere from one to ten artifacts at a time.

Much of what he sees scrolling through these are what one might expect from an archaeological site: medallions, many of which could have served as amulets for the ancient people who made and/or wore them. There are lists of furniture, all of which appear to have been appropriate for bipedal humanoids. Over fifty carvings and statuary items are listed, and then there are these:

Fossil Remains L7Q6
    Insufficient Access Privileges
    Fossil Remains L7Q9
    Fossil Remains L7Q14
    Fossil Remains L8Q4
    Fossil Remains L8Q12
    Fossil Remains L10Q13
    Fossil Remains L10Q14
    Fossil Remains L12Q11
    And these:

Artifact LS2Q5
    Artifact LS2Q6
    Artifact LS2Q7
    Artifact LS2Q8
    Artifact LS2Q9
    Artifact LS2Q11
    Artifact LS2Q13
    Also of significance among the artifacts are tools, and archaic weapons ranging in levels of technology from iron age to early beam-tube blasters.

Consistent across many of the reports he is able to read before reporting for duty on his first day is mention of how well preserved everything is. Apparently, a combination of brine, ice, and sediment -- one report speculates that the structure may not have been buried over time by sediment, etc., but might have actually been buried by a rockslide of some kind before being immersed in ice -- has protected much of the building's contents from decay.

Placing his stylus beside a tab on the datapad screen marked DIg Site, a pleasant female voice emits from the small speaker in the upper left corner of his datapad, saying:

The structure is likely a temple that in times of distress doubled as a fortress. Carved from the wall of the canyon itself, it is made from the same stone as the walls of the Kratketh RIft. This is primarily granite.

If it weren't for the mining facility, the dig site would be in a true wilderness. The Kartketh Rift is more than 6000 kilometers from the Anobi Mountains and more than 1000 kilometers from Elesa. The databanks yield nothing on the Talid, nor on the world's Aqualish immigrees. The absence of these, so far, in data on the region could suggest that these species are not current subjects or concerned parties.
    As this voice continues, there is no mistaking a pleasant, polite smile. It bears the tone of please and thank you with each word.

Fortunately, newly arrived scholars are expected to examine the sight and determine more about the identity of the ancients once housed in the structure, and to determine more about the former purpose of this remarkable archaeological anomaly.
    Last edited by Aluco; 23 December 2011 at 09:13 PM.

As Richard shuts down his Datapad he makes a mental note to see if he can get access privileges to see those files.

Richard manages to put away his datapad and datacard in there respective places when the attention bell rings. Richard goes to the door and turns on his security screen to see a small-framed man in a white lab coat. His thinning hair is held back by black-lensed goggles he has lifted to his scalp line. Richard smile as whoever this person is has probably stepped away from his work to make this trip to your room. So risk shuts down the screen and then opens his door and before richard can say anything the man says "I'm Dr. Soorkoot. I'm here to see to it that you make it to the the bay this morning so you can accompany your team to the dig site." Richard nods and says, " I just need to clean up then I will be right with you ok?" Dr. Soorkoot nods and tells rick he will wait by the lift. At richards nod he moves off.

A young woman in her early twenties approaches as Richard finishes with Dr. Soorkoot. She is carrying a stack of towels, Presumably for the refresher, and she says: "I apologize, the MK maintenance_droid is in for a memory maintenance, so I felt it best I deliver these myself."

Richard nods and accepts the towels thanking her as he does so. Although he wonders if that is the reason becuase unless the Mk Droid just went nuts, which he doubted, Most never bothered becuase such droids where more useful as they had more experience fixing things. Richard thanks her and as she moves back towards the lift he goes back into his unit.

Richard then uses the refresher to clean up. after getting out of the refresher he takes a towel and shakes it open. he hears a clatter on the floor as he brings the towel to his face. He quickly looks to the floor and sees a data disk. He picks up the data disk and wonders what is on it. He takes a deep breathe as he considers what to do as he dries off. He could take a look at it immediately, but he doesn't know how long it would take to view or read. Also he does not know how important it is that he view it right away. and although however it was that arranged for him to get this "gift" took some risk he wondered if it was enough for him to take the time to read it. He started getting dressed and sighed. He hated compressed time schedules, something always came up to bite you in the ass. He also expected to get briefed on things before actually going to the site. That was how things had always gone before. Well He would have to be on his toes, and keep alert becuase even after everything he needed to get going no sense in making people angry or anxious on the first day. So after getting dressed in the provided cold weather gear, he picks up the data card that was hidden in the towels and puts it inside his memory holder for his datapad, audio recorder and video recorder. after putting in the data card and closing the watertight airtight, emp resistant case. He puts it back in his satchel. While he is at it he double checks the his satchel contents to make sure everything is there, even the spare clothes and shoes. When Richard was satisfied that everything was in its place including the case that had his Slug-thrower and combat knife in its case and in the satchel.(basically everything that is on the possessions list).

After that he makes a quick triple check of everything is in his satchel then puts it over his head and settles it on his shoulder. after patting it a couple times Richard picks up the cold weather coat and throws it over his arm as he won't need it right away and walks out of his unit, to pick up Cali, then to the lift, then to breakfast, then to level one and the dig site.
    Last edited by Vice Man; 2 January 2012 at 02:02 AM.

After Rick left Cali quickly did his ablutions and went to bed. The meal helped and he soon drifted off, the school of sea creatures gently wafting their way about the ocean beyond his ....was it a window or should it be a porthole, he wondered as slumber took him.

He woke in a considerably less comfortable bed, blinking his eyes in the darkness, which slowly resolved itself into the inside of a tent and he himself was lain upon a small cot-bed, the likes of which he had often slept in while on camping trips with his family in his youth. While the bed felt familiar he knew at the back of his mind that he was dreaming and that this wasn't a camping expedition.
    He hadn't had this dream for several years. Why had it happened again now?
    His breathing quickened and he strained to remember what would happen. It had been so long ago, he had been so young.
    The sound of servoes came from outside. A mechanical whining that steadily drew closer and closer.
    His eyes darted about the inside of the tent, the only means of escape being the front flaps which blew open on a random gust to give a brief glimpse of endless rows of identical tents and a towering bronze-brown wall of metal beyond.
    The sound drew closer and closer.
    Louder and louder until it seemed like it was coming from the other side of the canvas behind his head.

He awoke with a start, rolling over to come face to face with his room's chronometer, the alarm blaring.
    He let out a shuddering sigh and jumped once again as the door buzzer went off.
    Clad in his sweat-soaked underclothes he dawdled over to the door to find_a small-framed man in a white lab coat. His thinning hair was held back by black-lensed goggles he has lifted to his scalp line. He looked like he had probably stepped away from his work to make this trip to Calisia's room.
    "I'm Dr. Soorkoot. I'm here to see to it that you make it to the the bay this morning to accompany your team to the dig site."_

Cali nodded and managed a bit of a smile, running his hand over his face.
    "Good to meet you, doctor Soorkoot. Sorry you're not catching me at my best. Could you, ah-" he looked over his shoulder, motioning vaguely toward the refresher, "give me a few minutes? I'll meet you by the lifts."

He tried to wash away the feeling like a Corellian sand panther had taken a dump in his mouth, and massaged his scalp, trying to forget the old dreams that had, for some reason, taken this moment to return.
    Throwing on his new cold-weather gear, grabbing his recorder and datapad, he headed for the turbolifts.

"It really amounts to a violation of the Guild's charter on AP," Wes Loo is saying to a group of miners gathered around his stool at the Cliffside.

His Quara companion, Prob Hambla, throws in, "Issh yub verr verrmb a sorcila."

"That's right," Wes translates to their growing audience, "Halkus is stealing from a site sacred to the Aqualish."

"Don't you get started on talk of labor agreements, Wes," a burly, taciturn older human -- Mining Guild Proctor Cray Yarseth -- interjects. "And it's really not your place to go speaking for the Aqualish, either. You know we don't need the trouble. We all got families to feed. And besides, they'll be calling us all over to the Yayteean well before month's end." The older man takes a long draw from his mug. He has the attention of the other laborers, "Just be patient; don't make trouble for the rest of us."

"Trouble?!" Wes starts at Cray's attempts to placate. A storm is now brewing behind the younger, tall, lean man's eyes. "They're the ones makin' trouble! They bring in Wookiee slaves and throw us all off our rig!" Wes is now nearly standing, pointing at the floor as if he is standing on a ledge above the Kratketh Ridge pointing at the place where he'd like his own personal lightning to strike -- Halkus' dome. His brows are now electric arcs, "We're lucky if the company gives us repair work while we're waiting in line for someone to die and open a spot on another drill!"

Rod Roco has been sitting across from his Ualaq friend, Gep Baarb, quietly listening until now. Normally very easy-going, Rod can't explain the waves of anger he feels washing over him with each of Wes' utterances. If someone had threatened to take his surgeon-hands he would not be able to explain why he blurted laughingly, "I can't see why it matters; you're obviously making enough to keep drink in you."

At this Wes rises and lurches toward Rod's table, fists rising from his sides. Cray stands to block him, a Sith-may-care smirk smeared across his face, and placing a hand on the younger man's chest he says, "You're jus' lookin' for a reason to be mad, Wes. You'd be better off goin' on home and gettin' your head square about what's really good for ya; what's good for all of us."

"Ooh vroosh wap wapm hee ahbla," Prob throws in, and a group of Aqualish behind him nod sternly, murmuring angry ascent.

"Fine, fine," Wes says gruffly, stepping back toward his stool, and speaking especially to those sitting with Prob. "So, at least we can agree on one thing," he now looks into the bleary eyes of all gathered around, "that dome's gotta go." And this last he punctuates with a fist on the bar, and orders another round of drinks for all.

It's all too much for Rod, and he rises from his chair, Gep on his heals, each heading for the door stymied by a dogged sense of anger. They hardly notice the young man sitting alone in the back corner smiling serenely at all taking place in the cantina. Cray now sits thoughtfully flipping the shell of a clam from his dinner plate, pondering, How can Wes be so stupid?! Better question: Where did he get the money for all those drinks?!

This scene replayed itself again in the Icicle, and two more times again on Ando, where -- perhaps because further removed from the actual situation on AP -- those encircling Wes' stool had worked themselves into an even greater lather. In each of these instances, no one ever takes notice of the unassuming young man looking on with a grin from one of the back tables. Definitely none gathered knew about the credits that had begun showing up in Wes and Prob's accounts after each delivery of the convoluted diatribes that worked these rooms into such a fervor. Minors in these places would leave without questioning why they'd become so enraged, understanding only that Wes' anger was one they shared, and that something needed to be done about it.

STST ST ST

The lift descends to the Level One Staging Bay. At about every third floor, the deep blue depths flit past. It halts smoothly, and Rick and Cali step off in the well-lit expanse of what could be a warehouse, or docking bay -- or both, as, to your left, one-quarter of this capacious otherwise circular space is a permacrete wall with a massive bay door in its center. The bay door is open, and through the opening one can see at least two starfighter-sized undersea crafts. Beyond the crafts there is another bay door (closed) that would presumably open to the icy waters.

To their right, there are nine individuals, sitting on the floor or standing casually near a row of backpacks. Renna is among them, and she is speaking to Halkus.

Back to your left, near the immense bay-door threshold, there are three men. Two are in white coats like that worn by Soorkoot. One wears a black stromtrooper officer's uniform. At this distance it is impossible to determine the trooper's rank. They all wear goggles like those worn by Soorkoot. They are standing around a two-meter diameter pedestaled bronzium sphere. Moving around it, they touch styluses to datapads, seemingly checking calibrations and various readings. Several large black cables trail from the sphere to large black boxes of various proportions. The tallest of these is topped by a data consul.

"Tomorrow morning, Aramathus, you will be with us, here," Soorkoot points in the direction of the like-clothed scientists. "Today, we'd like you to have the opportunity to at least see the temple."

As Soorkoot leaves and walks in the direction of the sphere, the scholars already there place their goggles over their eyes, and an indigo light emits from the side of the sphere that faces away from you toward the scholars. Apparently, the face of the sphere on their side is open, or clear, and the light flickers on them, throwing convulsive shadows into the submarine bay.

Renna (she is to the right of Rick an Cali, walking from the group of nine preparing-explorers) approaches Cali and Rick. "Come on over and grab your gear," she says. "Find the one with your ID tag on it. Each pack has a medpack, emergency rations, comlink, all-weather poncho, and a hold-out. Doubt you'll need the blaster, though. The ID badge will probably save you more quickly. We can use it to locate you in the event you're lost or if there's a cave-in." Each pack has the handle of a fold-up shovel protrubing from it like a stiff tail. Where the shovel attaches, there is another small bundle, probably full of other, more refined, digging tools.

Beyond Renna, on the distant edge of this immense room, is a two-and-a-half by two-meter pressure door. Throughout, there are crates organized by size, and SRT droids follow commands from warehouse workers to organize these.

As Rick and Cali grab their packs, Halkus begins speaking to the group. "Today you will have the opportunity to explore the temple structure freely. The entrance chamber, which comprises a great hall and primarily stationary structures has recently been cleared, and for the first time you will be able to travel from the original entrance all of the way to its top. Though we have already been through the upper chambers, there is always a chance we missed something. So, be prepared to pick up on any insights you can on the builders of this structure."

As he speaks, another individual joins your group. He has a pack on his shoulders, beneath which he wears a down vest. His hair nearly matches Renna's for length, and is exact for color. In fact, he could be a male version of her, if it weren't for the fact that he is far less kempt. Renna's eyes catch his movement, and there is an obvious smolder of disapproval in her face.

"The heavier rubble and sediment have been removed, from the chambers," Halkus continues, ignoring any disruption from the new member to the group. "Yet you will surely find there is yet some digging to do. Above all else, be careful to preserve anything you find. The dig teams within are very willing to help, and we have SRT inside as well. Good hunting everyone!"

With that, he steps away from the group and heads back in the direction of the lift.

Renna walks over to the the late-comer, and socks him in the shoulder. He takes this with a rascal's pleasure, saying, "You have no idea what we're going to be up against in a few weeks. They're getting their dander up in The Cliffside and The Icicle, and not one of 'em can actually articulate a reason for being angry. They're getting their drives warmed for a protest. If you ask me, it could be trouble for us, too. Every nose in the galaxy will want to come sniffing around down here. Trouble for them, too...."

"Shut up," Renna says to him, and she looks in Cali and Rick's direction to see if they've noticed their conversation. "You still smell like that green ale."

Renna has walked away from this young man, saying to Rick and Cali, "Don't listen to Rod. He thinks he's somehow superior because he can slum with the homeworlders." She isn't looking into either of the young men's faces, her eyes fixated on her destination: the two-and-a-half by two-meter pressure door that the others are now trailing toward.

Then, Halkus' voice booms out from the direction of the lift:

Talya! I'm so glad you could make it....
    STST ST ST

Though Talya is lead from her craft through the facility, someone looking on would easily believe the stout man in the lab coat was following her. All under the dome stop working and watch her pass. The lab mole provides descriptions of key locations and conveniences as they walk briskly. He must trust that the young Tagge heiress is taking it all in because she offers little if any acknowledgement of the little man's frantic words. Sestia's straight, dark chestnut hair is bound tightly at the back of her head, swaying easily with each long, purposeful stride. Her face mirrors Talya's detached expression. Each woman seemingly preoccupied with a multitude of tasks and obligations. Arna, too (a full two paces behind), is the picture of the lethal stoicism of a loyal protector.

Tyko, Arna's near-twin, already stands at the dome's interior lift doors -- having wordlessly pressed past the tedious little professor so-and-so to run point through the facility. He and Arna had perused the maps they were given before their departure, had occupied themselves on their flight with memorizing every hallway, room, refresher, and utility closet of this under-ice tower. Each equally frustrated by the lack of information about the dig site, and the absence of any maps of the place into which their sole purpose in life would be heading.

"Of course Dr. Halkus has arranged for you to reside in the level 68 suite for the remainder of your stay," this Dr. Larsh tells Talya as the five of them step into the lift. "Given your entourage," he remarks, glancing up nervously at Tyko and Arna, "it seemed most suitable."

"Your effects shall be removed to the suite immediately, M'Lady," Sestia says, using in public terms of respect she expects others to use when addressing her mistress. She then lifts a stylus to her datapad to quickly dispatch the command to Vorta Vance -- Talya's pilot, and head of servants. She knows he will immediately set the three boys from Desevro (Raan, Saan, and Taan) to the task of transferring wardrobe, personal food and drink stocks, and a few choice furniture items.

"Such a timely arrival," Larsh goes on. "You're lucky to be able to join the newest members of our team on their first visit to the dig site." There are little pauses between each of Larsh's statements as the five descend, the deep cold blue of the ocean strobing past. All of what he says is a white noise. Talya had received briefs on the facility and timelines via Holonet transmission long before making landfall -- as had this researcher, as evidenced by his having been waiting out in the cold waving up from the landing platform upon her ship's arrival. He speaks as if to assuage any discomfort the silence might bear in this small space, "I'm sure we'll be in the bay before the team makes its way over."

When the lift slows to a halt, Tyko steps in front of Talya, and then into the bay before anyone else. After a quick scan of the warehouse-sized room, he nods back for the others to follow. The little doctor seems slightly befuddled by this, but steps in behind Sestia and Talya without tripping himself or either of the seraphic women. To the left, the electric eruptions cannot escape Talya's attention, nor does the stormtrooper officer near the device that throws the flashes into the adjoining submarine docking bay. Even at this distance, the man's face gives him away as one in his mid-sixties, despite the fact that the strength suggested by his posture could easily be that of a man twenty or thirty years younger.

From the right, Halkus' voice reverberates off of the high ceiling:

"Yet you will surely find there is yet some digging to do. Above all else, be careful to preserve anything you find. The dig teams within are very willing to help, and we have SRT inside as well. Good hunting everyone!"
    Around him are eleven individuals roughly the same age as Talya and Sestia. After he finishes speaking to the gathered team members, he makes his way in direction of the young heiress, and his stride quickens upon catching sight of her.

"Talya! I'm so glad you could make it. I can't tell you how relieved I was when we got word that you would be our new linguist. And that Sestia would be joining you! I even had Renna and her people prepare gear for the two of you," he says, pointing back toward the packs the other team members are now lifting to their shoulders.

Renna has made her way over to Halkus' side somewhat unenthusiastically. "Renna Roco, please meet Talya Tagge." Halkus smiles over this introduction, yet, as always, he is pressed to be on his way, and quickly makes for the lift. Walking backward for an instant, he assures, "We'll catch up later, when you're back from the site, T." And that last, "T," only Dr. Halkus could ever get away with such a term of endearment for the young noble woman.
    Last edited by Aluco; 7 January 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Thread Information