Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lost interest in Star Wars? Why? Rant on!

In the most wretched hive of scum and villany...Washington, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithspawn View Post

Advertising. Yoda advertising Vodaphone... I just can't express my feelings on a family friendly board.

But I'm back on board again and that's mostly because of FFG and the Edge of the Empire RPG. I got the beginner set and it looks fantastic. Can't wait for the full fat version. And just so, so happy the Classic Rebel era is the main focus of the planned releases.
    Advertising: Eh, I'm not really bothered by that. It's how capitalism, the greatest economic system we've ever known, works. And since it's plainly not canon, I don't find it at all bothersome.

But as for FFG...holy smokes, I'm out of it and everyone has delusions of gaming! Great to see that the game will at least continue! Can't wait to see how exactly that system works. Too bad Darth RealLife has been invading my personal space so much over the past year...
    Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has at least two, and they usually stink.

Please, visit my blog. It's lonely. And while you're at it, leave a comment too.

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

Quote Originally Posted by SmugglerJedi View Post
    Advertising: Eh, I'm not really bothered by that. It's how capitalism, the greatest economic system we've ever known, works. And since it's plainly not canon, I don't find it at all bothersome.
    It's not so much advertising, the advert with the kid dressed as Darth Vader was amusing and the Nike one in the Cantina, I even ran a YouTube link to it on my wesite. It's lame advertising that bugs me. The Yoda adverts are terrible.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

Quote Originally Posted by Sithspawn View Post
    But I'm back on board again and that's mostly because of FFG and the Edge of the Empire RPG. I got the beginner set and it looks fantastic. Can't wait for the full fat version. And just so, so happy the Classic Rebel era is the main focus of the planned releases.
    I think FFG's new system is bringing quite a few folks back into the fold of Star Wars gaming, and I hope it's a trend that continues for as long as the gaming market is on the "narrative and storytelling" side of things as opposed to the "tacti-crunch wargaming" mindset that D20 in general and D&D 4e embraced.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that something that needed to happen was to have George Lucas be split from being the guy making all the major decisions for the Star Wars franchise.

So I'm curious what folks think regarding Disney's acquisition of the Star Wars franchise and Lucas pretty much stepping down and going back to being an "idea guy," something that he's proven to be quite good at (it's the implementing of those ideas that's been the problem for some). Love it or hate it, a lot of the Clone Wars series ideas have come from George (at least from what Sam Witwer said while being a guest on the Order 66 podcast not that long ago), who's used the series as a vehicle to tell all sorts of different stories; again providing an idea for others to take and build on.

Personally, regarding "lost interest in Star Wars," I'd say that for me, it waxes and wanes in its intensity, but I've never really lost interest in Star Wars. I may not be as much into as I was in years past, but for better or for worse, Star Wars is a part of my day-to-day life. Having a couple of Force-FX lightsabers hanging near your bed, a plethora of SW Lego Kits around your residence, and a bookcase full of Star Wars novels and RPG books tends to have that effect on someone
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

I think what it is for myself is also being subjected to a lot more things taking up time and attention. I've started playing Warhammer 40K, Heroclix, more board Games and RPGs. Whereas both my old Star Wars RPG groups have stopped playing and even my Star Wars minis* games share time with Heroclix

* although my dislike of the v-sets is also a reason for that.

And my wife is a lot more into Buffy and Doctor Who.

And then there is always Vector Prime.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Thread Information