Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: SWRPGNetwork Upgrade Underway

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

Awesome news boss.

Waiting in line at the academy to become a fighter pilot

I may not have had as many posts as some of the other faithfuls, but I have definitely checked in every so often to see what is new. I hope that we can return swrpgnetwork to its glory days especially since we have started into a dark age of swrpg again. I am very glad to see the new look. Thanks Moridin
    Life throws punches... but I'm not a punching bag so I throw them back.

Amazing! Thank you so much for upgrading the site. I haven't been posting for a while, but I do check the site at least once or twice a month. Now after seeing The Phantom Menace in 3D, my interest in the RPG has been piqued again! I look forward to the continuing upgrade!
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

This is Red 5, Iím going in. ~ Luke Skywalker

Thanks a bunch for the upgrade, Moridin, I logged in for the first time in a while and immediately went 'whoa'. It's looking good so far.

Default Message Tracking

The upgrade is so great!

As I travel about the site, of course a few things are different, and that's a good thing.

I am wondering about message tracking in the PM system. Is that still possible. It's always fun to know when someone has read a message. I can live without, of course. Just wondering if I'm overlooking a button or switch somewhere, I guess.

Thanks a-zillion for the awesome upgrade, Moridin!

D6 Forever!

There should be the option to turn on the message tracking for a PM. You may have to do it for each message you send, but I do see the option available if you scroll down to the Misc. menu below the private message you are preparing.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Default Mostly Anonymous

To be clear, the new site is excellent and refreshing. I can't thank the team enough for upgrading our experience. This is an awesome space! So I hope I do not come off as ungrateful or unduly critical. Most of the time, I'm just wonderin'....

So, I've noticed that when I'm logged in, after some time of inactivity (as when cross-referencing some info for a post in an RP thread, say) I'll find I'm no longer logged in. I guess the site bumps one out when they've not been doing anything for a time.

The reason I bring this up is because... well... it might simply be that I am being nostalgic about those days back around '08ish when I'd swing by and find a list (often as many as 6 at a time) of logged in members. It was fun because those lists created a sense of... well... like I was passing a room where a little society of familiar voices were chatting away about stuff I was interested in. It leant one-degree-more of a sense of community.

Now when I swing by the site, and I look to the bottom of the page to see "Who's Online" there might be up to 80 "guests" and no members logged in. I suspect that many of those guests are actually members whose logged-in status was bumped because of inactivity. As a result, there is a greater sense of anonymity in the new site -- less like passing a room where I see faces I know, and more like happening into a crowd of expressionless figures.

Is there a way to extend the logged-in status half-life? Is that something that should even be done (if possible)? Do most people prefer the more anonymous participation and anonymous perusing of the site?

LOL.... and after typing this, I found I had been bumped from logged-in status. I don't mind re-logging in. I wonder, though, if one's logged-in status had not expired, another member might have seen his/her handle active at the bottom of the page and thought, "Hey look, So-and-so's on! I want to hang out and see what s/he's going to post." And instead of 2 guests at the bottom of the page, there'd be those two familiar usernames, and some more would see those, etc. Then, people might say, "Hey, there's a Star Wars party going on over on the Holonets!"

It may simply be a problem on your end such as your browser/settings, Aluco; I have yet to be logged out by the site since the upgrade.

waiting on a new RPG Star Wars, that same like WEG

Thread Information