Thread: Dusting Off An Old Favorite

Default Dusting Off An Old Favorite

Has anyone ever tried this?

I've been thinking about the idea of creating a PbP for old characters from previous games. You know, you'd dredge up a persona from a long-dead thread, and put him/her into a new story, with a new lease on life for a bit.

I've been thinking about ways to do this, and how effective it might be, or wondering if it could work at all.

Any thoughts?

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I've done similar stuff before, whether it's the exact same character at a different point in their life, or the same character time-warped into the appropriate setting. I have a small handful of characters that I can play in their eras, with cool, detailed back stories.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Thanks, Cold. Those ideas could make something like this flexible enough to accommodate more than a few favorites. So I guess, I should ask who -- what character, that is -- and why? Maybe that would move me in some kind of direction as a GM.

I guess I can see this as something like a gathering of heroes in some kind of all-star team. SW: the Avengers.... lol.

Anyone have a fave they'd like to see in action again? A fave and why? I suppose that'd move us in the direction of scenarios, and with that I should clarify, I'm not sure I'm ready to take on something like this yet. Just testing the waters, I guess.

Thread Information