Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does D6 get much love anymore?

Default Does D6 get much love anymore?

Hi there, all. I'm an old-timer who hasn't posted since December 30th of 2006 and joined over 12 years ago in February of 2000. Anyway, I was wondering if D6 Star Wars ever got any love these days or if it was all D20 and Saga now.
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

Blog Entries

Well, I just started a D6 campaign. You can read about my first session in the D6 forum, in fact.
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Experienced Player

I still do as well. In fact the project I am currently working on is a D6 sourcebook to go along with the fan-screenplay I just posted a couple days ago called Escape from Ritvool. It is still in the early stages however and I am not ready to post anything from it yet.

Additionally I am just starting up a D6 campaign with a mixed group, some newish to rpging who have only done D&D before and some who have a background in a variety of systems including D6. Its set in the prequel era before ep2, my plan is to have the players fight on Geonosis and make them chose between a corrupt and weak Republic and the Separatists. Since they are all playing Jedi characters I get to kill them off one way or the other so I am happy.

Munchkin

I'm still running/updating a most awesome D6 Campaign site that even Lucas* himself has called "THE most imaginative and exciting creation since the original Star Wars trilogy graced the silver screen".

*Lucas Hamey, the kid who cuts my lawn.

D6 Forever!

Nothing BUT D6 for me when it comes to Star Wars (and several other genres as well).

Good to see you still kicking around, Kayle!
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Sky Pilot

Well, somebody's gotta say it...

"Kayle Skolaris. There's a name I've not heard in a long time."
    <<<<<

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

I also consider d6 the only system to use when it comes to Star Wars. It's the favourite go-to system for my group as well, since all the other games we run use the d20 ruleset.
    RND(axe)

I stun the Wookiee!

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

These days, around here at least, it actually might get just as much love as anything else.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

D6 is and always has been my preferred system, though most of my group seems to prefer SAGA anymore. We've been running two separate campaigns, a D6 adventure set during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and a SAGA adventure set during the KotOR days, though our D6 gamemaster has decided to "take a break" from that adventure so he can attempt to streamline the gameplay some to be more like SAGA... I am not optimistic about how that will turn out.

Firstly: Sarge beat me to it! Long time no see, Kayle!

With my SW gaming more casual now, not nearly as intense as it used to be (I remember GMing seven games at once here years back. Just one now!) I use D6 as it’s easier to pick up and run. With other systems I need to refresh my memory about the system, the various feats/talents/whathaveyou before I can run things smoothly.
    An analogy just popped into my mind, not sure how fitting it is…D6 is like Tetris, easy to pick up and play again anytime, but D20/Saga are more like beat ‘em ups: if you’re going to play it properly you have to familiarize yourself with all the special moves again.

So, yes, I’d say it still gets plenty of love.

D6 Forever!

Seghast, tell him if he wants to "streamline" D6, his best bet will be to check out Mini Six. It's free and it's the most streamlined version of D6 rules out there.
    facta, non verba

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
    Seghast, tell him if he wants to "streamline" D6, his best bet will be to check out Mini Six. It's free and it's the most streamlined version of D6 rules out there.
    Grimace, Mini Six sounds very interesting, have you tried it for Star Wars? I'm intrigued by the simplicity of this system.
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

This is Red 5, Iím going in. ~ Luke Skywalker

D6 Forever!

I have not, though I know of some people that have and say it works fine. Obviously there's a bit of condensing that needs to go on (since Mini Six uses 4 attributes and a dramatically trimmed down skill set), but considering the guys that put together Mini Six also included a sample setting that is basically Star Wars with the serial numbers filed off, it's pretty easy to jump into it from starting characters. Converting would take a little effort.

I also know there are several additional settings out there for Mini Six that really show the breadth of coverage that it can be used for with it's simplicity. I've personally run a zombie adventure using Mini Six.
    facta, non verba

Why is there no content for the stats section anymore? Didn't we once have great gaping gobs of content around here?
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

D6 Forever!

There was a complete revamp of the entire site. An upgrade of the whole system. As such, everything of old was incompatible with the new system and has to be ported over one at a time. Considering the quantity, it is a bit of a daunting tast for the one or two people (I'm not one of them). So the porting over of all of the content is rather slow going.

I was hoping there would be a steady trickle of it going back on, but so far it's been just one or two that were put on during the remodel and nothing since. Here's hoping we'll eventually have them all back on.
    facta, non verba

Thread Information