Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does D6 get much love anymore?

There are a lot of Star Wars D6 love in Google+. A bunch of the old WEG freelancers are active there, like Wayne Humfleet and Deborah Christian. Peter Schweighofer has commented on one or two of my D6 posts there. Sterling Hershey sometimes post new D6 stats on his blog for vehicles that appear in other media like The Clone Wars.

Retired Supreme Moff

I haven't played D6/D20/D13 for a long time now (sadly), but I came across some old D6 sourcebooks not long ago and spent quite some time sat on the bedroom floor reading through them! Anyone remember the Corporate Sector handbook and Mission to Lianna adventure? I know one person who should... :p
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.

Plato, Dialogues, Theatetus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Xanderich II View Post
    I know one person who should... :p
    I believe that comment is directed at me.
    Yes, I remember our gaming sessions over the three years at uni’. Us two and Habuth rotating GMing duty. I cringe now when I think of some of the convoluted and cheesy plots I ran, but we had a great time.
    Glad to hear you still have your old D6 books. Same here. I actually brought the old Han trilogy of novels back last time I went to Blighty, so I can read them again here.

D6 Forever!

I must say, it's good to see a couple of names in this thread that have been absent for quite some time. Good to see you guys visiting here!
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Retired Supreme Moff

We had some great adventures, Ronin, cheesy or not! There were definitely some hilarious moments too. I've still got all the stuff we did on computer on a back-up hard drive. I found my X-Wing series of books recenlty too!

Grimace, the Holonet has always stayed on my Favourites, even if I haven't been as active as the years have toiled by. I've got some good memories of this place.
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.

Plato, Dialogues, Theatetus

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

I do enjoy D20 RCRB and Saga. But if/when I go back to role-playing, and I REALLY want to, it's going to be D6 unless FFG get their act together and come out with something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
    I must say, it's good to see a couple of names in this thread that have been absent for quite some time. Good to see you guys visiting here!
    It's been a while since I was around here, thought I'd pop in.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

I haven't gotten a proper advert up yet here but I plan to at some point. I've recently launched a new Star Wars MUSH that is based off of the WEG d6 ruleset. The timeline of the game proper is ESB-era but with a big alternative history twist (inspired by Dark Horse Infinities comic series), but we've got "campaign stages" set up where people are welcome to come and run their own ongoing campaigns with lots of d6 tools to create/save NPCs, etc. It's "Star Wars X MUSH" at sw-x.org.

~Z

All knowing, all seeing eye of Star Wars
    Out in the Unknown Regions of my mind....

I also still enjoy D6, and I even had been working in a sourcebook that included some new D6 stats. Sadly, I got burned out on SW in general, and haven't worked on it in a few years.
    "You don't know the Power of a Darkside!" - Darth Vader to Luke (Episode V)

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook: http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1865
    Co-Author of the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1867
    Co-Author of The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0...Version%5D.pdf

Yep, I love d6. Of course, these days my perferred system is SWTOR.
    Anthony N. Emmel

A Royal Guardsman never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death.
    Major Tierce, Star Wars: Specter of the Past

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the good old WEG D6 is dead for my group.

We haven't touched it in months, instead playing the old DC Superheroes game from Mayfair. Last night was our "season finale" before going back to Star Wars and when it was asked "D6 or SAGA," our SAGA GM spoke up and everyone (except me) cheered "YES, D20!"

They all think SAGA is quicker and easier to learn and allows for greater character customization...and I completely disagree; to me it's much more time-consuming to create a character and learn all the special crap, and "customization" amounts to the old analogy of pounding a square peg into a round hole.

We haven't spoken about the plans to streamline D6 in ages because they all seem to care more about SAGA at this point, though I've got some ideas on incorporating some of the elements from DC into D6 Star Wars since the group seems to prefer the DC system over traditional WEG rules. I don't really expect it to go over well since everyone loves D20 so much and I doubt we'll ever resume our WEG campaign. Hell, they're already tossing ideas back and forth for our next SAGA edition campaign and the GM has been pushing to go ahead and start on that now, leaving us with 2 separate SAGA campaigns, the DC campaign, and the WEG one.

I originally told them that even though I hate the system, I'd continue gaming if they ultimately chose SAGA because they are my friends, but the more and more I think about it, the more I want to skip the SAGA games and only show up to game when it's time for DC.

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

A group at my games club recently asked me to run a Star Wars RPG so I ran D6 - it was their first role-playing game!

Just got the final part of the adventure to run.

http://sithspawn.proboards.com/index...ead=210&page=1
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Thread Information