Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on Star Wars Paper Figures (SWRPGNetwork)

Default Comments on Star Wars Paper Figures (SWRPGNetwork)

This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "Star Wars Paper Figures" located on SWRPGNetwork. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Old timer....

Wow, these are beautiful. I run my games exactly the same way, making paper minis just like these (though I usually don't bother with a back view- lazy artist). It'll be great not to have to draw up any for the myriad of great characters depicted here! Thanks for sharing!

Owen any chance you could convince Blackmon and Curlee to sign on here so we can praise them in person? Then perhaps we'll also convince them to exhibit their fine work at larger size in the SWAG galleries?

Late edit- Tell Lj she did a great job of laying them up too. If you want, I'd be only too glad to e-mail you all those that I've done so far for my own games so that she can lay them up for you guys (and everyone else) to use, assuming she can be bothered with the effort. The only drawback is, mine don't have backs.

I'm inspired by how great these look. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Reverend Strone; 9 December 2003 at 09:11 PM.

New Player

Fantastic, I agree with the Rev. Excellent work!
    ummm... take any requests? How about some craft !?
    Ok, maybe I am over-stepping some.... just never hurt
    to ask!

RPG Designer

Rev, feel free to e-mail me what you've got. Lj would be happy to do more lay out, and can create black silhouette backs for them. Once she's done, I bet Moridin will be happy to host the end results.

I'll pass along all positive comments to Marc and Jacob, and recommend they sign on in person, but they're kinda busy, so no guarantees.

I wish I could take requests, but these are just things the guys do for our campaigns, so unless you can sneak into our SW games, I'm afraid they aren't going to draw anything specific. (I'll pass it along, though.)

As I mentioned, there are professional figure products out by these guys at RPGNow, and obviously anyone buying those who had comments (ie requests for future releases) we'll listen to seriously.

Owen
    Owen K.C. Stephens

Moderator: Rumours and Speculation

Those are very cool. Thanks for sharing them with us!

In the past, due to lack of SW miniature we have often used tokens instead, like these but 2D (and normally with just a pciture of the characters face on them). These are soooo much better !

Cheers,

Jon
    "What the hell are you waiting for?"
    Encore - Jay Z feat. Linkin Park

These are REEEEAAALY cool! Any chance of seeing more? I'd love to see more of the varied races available in the game ... as well as some era specific stuff
    DT Butchino | Designer, Illustrator, Writer

Hardcore Player

These are really good. I'd be very interested in seeing more. I like paper minis bc they are easy to reproduce. Jacob and Marcum are both quite talented.
    One, We are One. Are you One, Herbert?

Check out the A&EGS

Old timer....

Thumbs up

Rev, feel free to e-mail me what you've got. Lj would be happy to do more lay out, and can create black silhouette backs for them. Once she's done, I bet Moridin will be happy to host the end results.
    Awesome! I sure will. If Lj or yourself could drop me an e-mail so I know where to send them and what formats, that'd be great.

Thanks again, and it's nice to talk to you again.

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

Good stuff here, Mr. Stephens!

This seems to be a logical step up for people on the boards ever since Forlorn went MIA with his tokens. A needed gap has finally been filled.

And naturally, I hope your friends realize how great these paper figures are. I'd love to see future installments of this stuff--useful for every gaming group out there.

Nice work.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Excellent work!!!!!!!!

OJ please let your friends know they're little printable masterpieces!!!

And definitely I'm interested in their RPGNow products...
    Mario A. Escamilla (aka Kerk Korpil, Verpine Starship Mechanic)
    http://sequart.org/books/47
    http://puerto-pirata-veracruz.blogspot.mx/

New Player

Default Thank you all!

Thank you, everyone, for your praise. It is not often one gets to be told how their art is kewl by complete strangers (we usually just here it from close friends).
    I don't know how long it will be until we can make some more figures, and I'm not really sure about custom figs, as Marc and I are usually making figures for our games constantly. But, I'll see what we can do in the future.

New Player

Default Stormtroopers

One thing I should point out, Marc drew the Stormtrooper figures. They are credited to me, but I definately did not draw these guys! They are far too kewl for me! I admit, I have drawn some pretty wicked s#!+, but those are all Marc's babies!
    LJ has a tendancy to credit our art based on the feet of the figures, which, as you can see, does not always fit.
    Sorry to rat you out, LJ...

RPG Designer

Hey folks,

Since posting these was my project, I take full responsibility for the Stormtroopers being mis-credited. We'll have a corrected set to Moridin shortly, and I'd ask everyone to throw out the old pdfs once the correct one is up, so Marc can get the full credit he richly deserves for every stormtrooper anyone ever prints.

Luckily this is a friendly, tight community, so I'm sure everyone will get the word out to update pdfs.
    Owen K.C. Stephens

Hello all! Like Jacob said, thank you all for your lavish praise, and we're all glad you like our work! It's heartwarming to see the reactions people have had to the figures

(.....I'm Marc Curlee, by the way....I forgot to introduce myself)

I've been a Star Wars fan ever since I saw a promo picture in a magazine, showing a really kewl looking armored guy on the back of a giant lizard, back in early 1977(about the time I discovered gaming, actually). Since then, stormtroopers and lightsabers have never been far from my thoughts, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that!

Anyway, thanks again for your praise, and I hope the figures add to your enjoyment of your games!

Old timer....

Hey there JacobEB and InputJack! Great to have you here for us to thank personally. You guys are doing some great work, and we all really appreciate that you've allowed Lj and Owen to share it with us. They'll most certainly be making appearances in my own games.

On a related issue, I don't suppose you guys would be interested in joining some of the rest of us and exhibiting larger images of any of your great work on SWAG would you? There's obviously an appreciation and hunger for your artwork out there in the community if this thread is any indication.

Thread Information