Thread: Star Wars 1313

Default Star Wars 1313

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_1313

A new game in the works which looks like itíll be lightsaber-and-OTT-Force-ability-free, as you take on the role of a bounty hunter in Coruscantís low down and dirty sublevel 1313.
    Personally I loved SW Bounty Hunter/Jango Fett on the PS2 (despite slightly dodgy controls). If this turns out good (and on a platform I own) then I might get it.

Blog Entries

I'm really impressed by the graphics (for those of you who haven't seen it, you can see some footage for the game here). I'm just hoping it's set in a Classic Trilogy or later era; seems like everything is focused on the Old Republic or Clone Wars eras these days, and I wouldn't mind seeing something in the Rebellion or New Republic eras.

Now, where do I sign the petition for a next-gen revamp of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter?
    Rodney "Moridin" Thompson
    Game Designer
    Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork
    Follow me on Twitter: @AntarianRanger

Strikes me that much of lower-level Coruscant doesn't much change regardless of who's living in the Ivory Towers Up Yonder. The Clone Wars snapshot in Triple Zero was quite intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
    Now, where do I sign the petition for a next-gen revamp of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter?
    K-Wings, Chiss Clawcraft, what else? :drool:
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I'm just hoping it's set in a Classic Trilogy or later era
    It is.

Judging by the Lambda and OT-era TIE models seen in the images.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Experienced Player

I thought there was some sort of hint dropped that it was sorta related to the tv series they still talk about... set between 3 and 4? I don't remember for sure if that's from a reliable source or fan speculation. It looks nice, but I don't really care for the arcade type controls it looks like it has.

As far as wish-list of games... yeah a new flight simulator like TIE fighter would be nice, a Galaxy conquest game would be great but more like Sins of a Solar Empire crossed with Rebellion then the sad Empire at War or maybe Dark Forces redone on one of the modern shooter engines like Modern Warfare.

In the most wretched hive of scum and villany...Washington, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
    You and me both, buddy. Especially after what they did with the Rogue Squadron series, I could see them making it beyond awesome. (Though obviously, only if we get some sort of SDK where we can make levels like flying through the bowels of Coruscant while chasing down the pizza delivery guy.)
    Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has at least two, and they usually stink.

Please, visit my blog. It's lonely. And while you're at it, leave a comment too.

Immoderator

I will probably enjoy this game given that one of my favorite Star Wars campaigns of all time involved fleeing Imperial Inquisitors through the levels of Coruscant and getting to actually see them and not just the slacker line art I did of them will make me squee.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

Jedi Master, Scholar, and Keeper of the True Light

When a game calls itself "mature" I generally don't like it. I have no intentions of buying this game.

Case in point. Skyrim. With Oblivion and Skyrim all I needed to know was that they were part of the Elder Scrolls series to know that I wanted them. It used to be one of my favorite series. And the sword and sorcery play style I used was one I was comfortable with.

But in Skyrim you cannot turn gore off, which turned me off. I was forced to swap to a full sorcery play style and though archery was quite useful on occasion, multiple targets or cramped quarters always turned into melee. And though the story was interesting, the experience was not. And I no longer intend to buy Elder Scroll games until I know I can turn gore off.

Most years I buy no or one computer game, but fortunately last year also had Star Wars: The Old Republic, which is a not "mature" game I can see myself playing for a long time.
    "Faith Manages." - Ambassador Delenn
    Potentate of the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by SmugglerJedi View Post
    You and me both, buddy. Especially after what they did with the Rogue Squadron series, I could see them making it beyond awesome. (Though obviously, only if we get some sort of SDK where we can make levels like flying through the bowels of Coruscant while chasing down the pizza delivery guy.)
    You mean the the Rogue Mission in The Krytos Trap where Wedge chases down a Palpatine Counterinsurgency Front airspeeder loaded with Nergon 14?

Throw in the Liberation of Coruscant where you fly through the Mother of All Thunderstorms trying to take down the Power Substation that's keeping the Planetary Shield up & you've got some stuff that goes past the Hard Difficulty all the way to "You Must Be Insane"...
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

In the most wretched hive of scum and villany...Washington, DC.

That is precisely what I mean, Vanger. Precisely.
    Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has at least two, and they usually stink.

Please, visit my blog. It's lonely. And while you're at it, leave a comment too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    If this turns out good (and on a platform I own) then I might get it.
    I never heard them mention any platforms during the E3 demo of 1313. If they didn't announce it for PS3/360, I'm going to say that means this will be a launch title for the next-gen systems coming out late next year or early 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SmugglerJedi View Post
    That is precisely what I mean, Vanger. Precisely.
    LOL...might happen if we get a little Sponsorship going...

(End of mission briefing) "Congratulations! You've beaten the Liberation of Coruscant on Insane and with the 500 millisecond delay enabled. Want to fly for real? We've got a Boeing Unmanned Interceptor for you! Go to www.airforce.mil/Ghostwannabe.html & enter the code R0v6od at the sign-in..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Carr View Post
    When a game calls itself "mature" I generally don't like it. I have no intentions of buying this game.

Case in point. Skyrim. With Oblivion and Skyrim all I needed to know was that they were part of the Elder Scrolls series to know that I wanted them. It used to be one of my favorite series. And the sword and sorcery play style I used was one I was comfortable with.

But in Skyrim you cannot turn gore off, which turned me off. I was forced to swap to a full sorcery play style and though archery was quite useful on occasion, multiple targets or cramped quarters always turned into melee. And though the story was interesting, the experience was not. And I no longer intend to buy Elder Scroll games until I know I can turn gore off.

Most years I buy no or one computer game, but fortunately last year also had Star Wars: The Old Republic, which is a not "mature" game I can see myself playing for a long time.
    It's not going to be a gore-fest; here's an excerpt from an interview on the game.

1313 is also going for a 'Mature' rating, great news for anyone who believes Star Wars' more child-centric offerings have been its most disappointing. For LucasArts this doesn't mean gore and sensationalism, it means adult-themes and stories, another reason for glowing anticipation. Robilliard says, "Sometimes games pursue an M rating because of this desire to do something gratuitously gory, and that's not what we're doing at all. I just don't think those kinds of things go with Star Wars. So when we talk about making something that's mature-themed, it really is about those characters, the type of story content we're going to be dealing with, and the kind of things they're motivated by. The world itself as well."
    Full article is here on IGN.

Jedi Master, Scholar, and Keeper of the True Light

Thanks for pointing this out. I still have no interest in the game. I don't buy that many computer games to begin with. Usually it's one or less per year. Last year I bought two. So far this year I haven't bought any.
    "Faith Manages." - Ambassador Delenn
    Potentate of the Rose

Thread Information