Thread: Recruitment: Imperial Commando campaign

experienced groundpounder

Default Recruitment: Imperial Commando campaign

I have long debated starting yet another game, since so many seem to fizzle, fade, and die rather quickly. Plus I know the new generation of the game is undergoing beta-testing right now.

So, I debated long and hard, and I'm going to give it one more go.

Opening recruitment for whoever, and how many, are interested in an Imperial game/campaign.

Characters recruiting for are:

1-2 officers (captain and/or lieutenant)- level 7
    Sergeant Major, or a senior Sergeant- level 6
    up to 8 commandos- level 5

Premise:

Characters are veterans of the Clone Wars, and few of the first to switch over loyalty to the Empire (other than the clones). After several missions of capturing/assassinating dissidents against the new Emperor, the team has now been dispatched to conduct operations on a rising trend of resistance to the Empire.

Areas of Operation: Mid Rim and beyond.

Equipment: I'm going to be something different with that.

Stats: 20 pt buy, plus level improvements.

Now for the Equipment issue. This is going to depend on your fellow players. I will keep a running credit total against a grand total, once the grand total is reached I won't authorize any further expenditures. The total will be against: body armor, weapons, survival gear, communications gear, vehicle, and space transport.

Duties related to characters:

Maintain gear, plan and execute operations, report to senior officers/government officials, maintain vehicles/space transport, intelligence gathering, forming alliances/gathering "buddies"*, first aid, etc.

*gathering buddies (for those that don't get the lingo) means making friends in other areas of operations to gain access to things, IE: communications guys, airedales, medics, supply. Those would be beneficial to getting a jump on supplies to fix things that break, a beneficial timely air support asset, direct access to fresh medical supplies and a possible fast track to medical procedures, hint hint.

Now, another twist to things on character developments. I will have recruiting open until November 16th, so 15 days not counting today until all positions are filled. You may take multiple characters, but not of the same levels (can have an officer/commando, but not take 2 officer roles or officer MSG/Sergeant). The twist is the following: First come, first get for the positions, AND you'll have to get together with other members for what their specialties and yours will be.

A heads up however: You won't always have vehicles or a transport. There will be times that the team will be deployed by squad pods with the gear you can fit inside that only. I give that as advice because I don't want you wasting points in skills that aren't beneficial.

And with that, let recruiting begin.....
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Delivering my report to Grand Admiral Thrawn

So in, with caveats.

Caveat 1: System?
    Caveat 2: Allowed sources within said system.
    Caveat 3: Desired posting rate (military life is getting a bit hectic these days, but I should still be able to manage fourish posts a week at least)
    "When I throw someone into a bulkhead and toss him on the deck, that's me saying he should get his carcass off my ship." - Booster Terrik

Saga system (I don't have copy of beta system being tested)
    all sources except Legacy, the game takes place about 15 years BBY.
    4 a week is more than enough, as former military, I know all about difficulties in getting computer time. Well you might have more access to computers when I was in, lol. If we had 12 computers for an entire Battalion to use, that was a miracle.
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Haha, yeah, there never seem to be enough to go around. We've got about 20 for the whole ship right now and they're always full. I should have a commando ready for your perusal by tomorrow afternoon/evening time, though. Gunning for the infiltrator role at the mo, though certainly open to other suggestions and am already looking at taking at least one teamwork feat of the TBD variety.

Edit: Full hitpoints?
    Last edited by DentArthurDent; 3 November 2012 at 10:30 AM.
    "When I throw someone into a bulkhead and toss him on the deck, that's me saying he should get his carcass off my ship." - Booster Terrik

full hit points.

Alright, didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped on it, but here's a basic look at my concept. Sketch is quick, quiet, and able to get into almost any location thanks to his wide array of skills, but he isn't particularly tough in a fair fight (which is why he avoids those like the plague). Thoughts welcome.

Samon "Sketch" Ardant
    Last edited by DentArthurDent; 4 November 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Registered User Terras Jadeonar & Raven's Avatar
    Twi'lek Maseuse room, Spa Resort on Ryloth

Hey guys, I'll be joining also, at the least we can make this a duo

Working on the sheet right now. Btw, DentArthurDent, very cool gaming resource site! Makes things alot tidier and handier to fill out.

Kym "Joker" Rakolas
    - still working on the sheet. Its been a few years since I last rolled one up.

Btw, I thought we were Storm Troopers, donning the classic white trooper gear. Or possibly Scout Trooper armor alternatively.

I didn't think Storm Commando gear came until much later...

Won't matter to me, either way is cool.

Tempted to take up another Trooper to fill out the group a bit...
    Last edited by Terras Jadeonar & Raven; 11 November 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    ├ 3D Art @: Star Wars Artist Guild Member GalleryDeviantArt Gallery (New!)
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)
    ├ RPG Info: Signature #46: My Repertoire of RPGs (Updated: 09/09/2006)
    Please, just refer to me as TJR OR Terras. thx! (08/16/08)

The armor is just a light armor with a couple mods attached, really. Took the idea from the Reb sb tho so I see your point :-) That's really only because he Clone Wars sb doesn't give any stats whatsoever for clone commando armor that I could use as a base.

I really like their sheet, too. The one thing I wish it had was a link to the individual talents or feats like dndonlinegaming has for its dnd and pathfinder sheets. Of course, that would require SWSE to be open source, which is unlikely at best.

Quote Originally Posted by DentArthurDent View Post
    The armor is just a light armor with a couple mods attached, really. Took the idea from the Reb sb tho so I see your point :-) That's really only because he Clone Wars sb doesn't give any stats whatsoever for clone commando armor that I could use as a base.

I really like their sheet, too. The one thing I wish it had was a link to the individual talents or feats like dndonlinegaming has for its dnd and pathfinder sheets. Of course, that would require SWSE to be open source, which is unlikely at best.
    Ahh, gotcha.

Links to feats would've been nice but your right. Last time we had a community based stats generator app for the RCR edition, which included the feats and equipment list within its database, it didn't last very long before the program was given a C&D by WotC.

I myself was debating between Storm Trooper armor and Scout Trooper armor. I'm familiar with the actual Storm Commando armor, basically black scout trooper armor with Reflec coating and other sound & sensor dampening technology. IMHO is probably the sweetest of all stormie gear.

Had a brainy idea a moment ago, had to come back and edit this post -
    What about proto-type storm commando gear? starting with regular scout trooper armor , eventually painting it black (with none of the actual storm commando tech benefits)? and gradual improvements added over time. could be a proto-type kinda project that eventually leads to the full blown storm commando gear...?

Guess we'll have to see what GMJ says.
    Last edited by Terras Jadeonar & Raven; 12 November 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    ├ Websites: Co-GM of: Q:TU Rebel #2 (Status: On Hold) ● "The Camp" (Status: Offline)

I'm down for prototyping. Also, given the..... totally abundant posting in this thread, I may have to roll up one of the upper CoC, just to give us some more depth if this gets run, lol. We shall see. Had actually kinda forgotten that I hadn't put anything about Sketch except his stats on that sheet, so I'm gonna edit in some basic physical/mental bits after I get some chow.

No worries, I've gotta finish up the stats on mine and probably put a little more finishing touch fluff details for my character too.

I'm not to worried about this game taking off, I think the two of us, and maybe one more person even could handle a steady but reliable pace (3 - 4 posts a week works fine for me). I just hope we get a good long run with it. I've essentially been on a few year hiatus from roleplaying, it would be great to dive into a game, and one that goes from start through to finish. Maybe this game can last a "few" episodes.

Many years ago here, Ronin ran an awesome Clone Commandos squad based game, I and several others must've spent a few years, constant steady pace reliably. After the first game "mission" was done, we came back for another 2 full game "missions".
    Last edited by Terras Jadeonar & Raven; 12 November 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Looking like a couple sets of prototype armor, also have been thinking on something but not sure if I'm going to impliment the idea or not yet. Since there has been a "abundant amount of interest" in this game, I'm thinking of having the two of you operating as a small operations team under the direct command of a "Regional Governor."

I'll open up the OOC and IC thread tomorrow. I'm going to open up the OOC thread with a Bios post on the key people involved in things, including: the Grand Moff working for, his key advisors, staff personnel, area of operation, so everyone knows the full scope of the situation. Of course, there are some things that will make sense in the opening of the IC thread as well.

OOC Thread: Imperial Shadows, is up and running. I posted the Frequent NPC information there already.
    Last edited by gmjabreson; 22 November 2012 at 09:25 AM.

Thread Information