Thread: George Lucas might have killed Mara Jade.

Default George Lucas might have killed Mara Jade.

Hi guys.

I wearing the lastest Forcecast, where they mentioned that george Lucas never liked Mara Jade.

An since he was responsible for ordering the death of Anakin Solo, I do wonder if George Lucas had any hand of killing Mara Jade?

What you guys say? Is there any truth about my line of thinking?
    Want to play Star Wars RPG PBEM? Then just go to www.starwars-chronicles.com

Star Wars Chronicles Fan Fiction projects:

Truce at Bakura - Finally in the works

Short Stories - Duel of Fates and Honour's 1st draft finished, currently under revision!

Maybe? I think comparing it to the Anakon Solo situation is a bit of a stretch. The problem with Anakin was endemic with what a lot of people consider power creep in Star Wars. He tapped Into something way beyond anyone else and became a potentially 'game breaking' character to borrow for RPGs. They needed to axe Anakin because he opened a door to way too much power and they had scramble to shut it. So is it possible he played some part, maybe? Personally as much was I liked mara, it can do the series good for beloved characters to die. I liked Paellan more than I did Mara and part of the reason I followed Fate of the Jedi was to see how much what's her face was going to be punished for killing my boy.

So eh? Evn if he did, I don't think it was a necessarily bad thing.
    "Choke on that, causality!"

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

I remember hearing that the deal with Anakin Solo was that George didn't want another Anakin hanging around as he was in the midst of doing the prequels which already had an Anakin. Jacen's story arc in the NJO series was originally meant for his brother, which is why Jacen became such a different character than he'd been in previous works.

As with Mara Jade, I don't think he really had much input on that, and seem to recall reading someplace that it was either Karen Traviss' decision to off Mara, or that at least she insisted on being the one to write the book in which she died.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Thread Information