Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Bought Lucasfilms

I'm good with this. Cautiously optimistic. If Disney let Kathleen Kennedy run Lucasfilm like Kevin Feige run Marvel Studios, we should be for a treat. Mark Hamill is just the right age for a post-Vong movie trilogy as an intelligent, venerable Jedi Master, three steps in front of everyone else. Let younger actors do the action scenes.

Also, no Rick McCallum! YEAH!

D6 Forever!

I'm actually decently happy about this news. It'll be good to have new minds and fresh ideas for Star Wars. Plus, taking the reigns away from Lucas is potentially a good thing.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Plus, think of all the new material for SW RPGs, of whichever flavor! New life for these boards! New conversions! I'm pretty excited.
    ...equal opportunity heretic.

All knowing, all seeing eye of Star Wars
    Out in the Unknown Regions of my mind....

For me, I'm actually guardedly optimistic about this. Disney has shown itself to be able to tell good stories before. To be honest, I'm flabbergasted about this news (gotta pinch myself that it isn't April 1st).

Episode VII will be great on one key point: Lucas won't be directing it!!! That should make it a good right there.

Edit:
    Mark Hamill tweeted this about a 1/2 hour ago:
    https://twitter.com/hamillhimself/st...02391872208897
    Last edited by Treefrog; 30 October 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    "You don't know the Power of a Darkside!" - Darth Vader to Luke (Episode V)

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook: http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1865
    Co-Author of the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1867
    Co-Author of The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0...Version%5D.pdf

When I first read the news this morning I checked the date but nope, today isnít April 1st, itís Halloween (whether that proves to be an ill omen or not, weíll discover in 2015, I guess).

One question my wife put to me did get me thinking. She herself has no interest in SW but knows (from me) that a lot of SW fan are less than happy with the current state of SW and GLís constant toying with his creation (and the mountains of novels, dilution of the... ah, you all know what I mean).
    ďWhich would you prefer to hear, `George Lucas is producing more Star Wars movies` or `Disney is going to produce Star Wars movies`?Ē
    Itís a good point. The former would probably make me cringe (or at the very least roll my eyes and sigh) while the latter makes me stop and wonder. A breath of new life for the franchise, perhaps.

Fantasy Flight must be very happy about the potential new influx of players for their RPG(s).

Colour me wary-but-hopeful.

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

FFG must be singing & dancing in the aisles. Presuming their offices have aisles.

And like Ronin, I thought it must be some sort of prank at first. But hey, I think this could be good news. What have Disney done lately that's any good... The Avengers. Disney are not chumps and I believe this could be exactly what Star Wars needs.

As for the expanded universe... I really hope they ignore it and just carry on with the movies. But it will be interesting to see if Luke, Han & Leia are in it, and who gets cast.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Default Disney Bought Lucasfilms

Hi guys.

So in one way or another, you guys already know this, but if you don't, then it is breaking news:

Disney Bought Lucasfilms Ltd!

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/...uys-lucasfilm/
    Want to play Star Wars RPG PBEM? Then just go to www.starwars-chronicles.com

Star Wars Chronicles Fan Fiction projects:

Truce at Bakura - Finally in the works

Short Stories - Duel of Fates and Honour's 1st draft finished, currently under revision!

D6 Forever!

Yeah, we've been chatting about it here: http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/show...t-Sure-if-Want
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Hi guys and girls, long time no see, but I just saw the news about the sale this morning. Frankly I've not been a big fan of most live-action films that Disney has done. There's been a few good ones, but here's hoping Disney doesn't produce a craptastrophe like they've done in the past with films like, "The Haunted Mansion," "Popeye," or "Flubber." I'd rather see something dark and adult oriented than the kid friendly stuff that I imagine is coming up. *Crawls back under rock*.
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Darth Fierce! You're alive! Good to see you again, man.

Here are a few things the internets have created for us on the tropic.
    Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatari, utulie'n aure!

Darth Fierce, Lucasfilm will still be producing the new movies under Kathleen Kennedy's leadership but Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney. Like Pixar's Toy Story 3 and Marvel Studios' The Avengers. So it's not like Disney will jump into the deep end with a bunch of new people kicking out the old.

Which is why I'm hopeful.

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Oh, it's quite probable that things will work out fine, but I'm crossing my fingers we don't get a Star Wars with everybody breaking into song after a while...lol. I wonder what this all could mean for the rumored live-action TV series.
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

All knowing, all seeing eye of Star Wars
    Out in the Unknown Regions of my mind....

I think that a live-action TV series' time came and went more than 5 years ago. I think that Episodes VII-IX will take up too much time to do it, and the premise of the series was flawed in my eyes.
    Last edited by Treefrog; 31 October 2012 at 09:54 AM.
    "You don't know the Power of a Darkside!" - Darth Vader to Luke (Episode V)

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook: http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1865
    Co-Author of the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1867
    Co-Author of The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0...Version%5D.pdf

Immoderator

Merged again. Less confusing title.
    I awoke
    Only to find my lungs empty
    And through the night
    So it seems I'm not breathing
    And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be - Dallas Green (City and Colour), Sleeping Sickness

This little piece of satire backfired quite nicely, didn't it?

Me and my big mouth.

Thread Information