Thread: How long to don or doff armor?

Veteran Player

Default How long to don or doff armor?

One of the glaring errors of ommision i feel D6 has had is there are no rules or guidelines for how long it takes to put on or remove armor. Whether a vac suit, or full power armor.

Since each combat round is 5 seconds, how long do you make it take (# of rounds) to say put on storm trooper armor? A vac suit? A set of power armor??
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

D6 Forever!

As long as the plot deems is necessary.

Really, though, I can't see a person putting on something like a Vac suit much quicker than a minute, so you're talking 12 rounds. Heavier suits, or stormtrooper armor with lots of pieces, you're probably looking at 2-3 minutes.

A person could "hurry" and shave 1/4 of the time off, but would have to make an INT roll to avoid missing something or putting something on incorrectly. In battle, it might not be a bad thing, but for a vac suit, it might be much more important. I'd put the INT roll at Moderate difficulty.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Chico, California, former college party capital

The only RPG I've seen with guidelines for this is D&D, which uses the following:
    -Padded, leather, hide, studded leather or chain shirt dons in 1 minutes (hastily in 30 seconds) and removes in 1 minute*
    -Breastplate, scale mail, chain mail, banded mail or splint mail dons in 4 minutes (hastily in 1 minute) and removes in 1 minute*
    -Half plate or full plate requires assistance of at least one person and dons in 4 minutes (same for hasty) and removes in 1D4+1 minutes.

Armor that is donned hastily loses 1 point of Armor bonus and gains 1 point of Armor Check Penalty.

Thread Information