Thread: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook Release Information

Default Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook Release Information

Here is a link to an article on Fantasy Flight Games' website announcing the Core Rulebook - http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=3878. It is expected to be released in the second quarter of 2013.

Also, it looks like FFG is releasing a pack of dice and a Games Master Kit when the rulebook comes out.
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

This is Red 5, Iím going in. ~ Luke Skywalker

Will this be a FFG release only? No Amazon?

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

Quote Originally Posted by lord nikon View Post
    Will this be a FFG release only? No Amazon?
    The Beta & Beginner set were on Amazon, so pretty sure this will be too. I already have my pre-order in at my FLGS.
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Sithspawn View Post
    The Beta & Beginner set were on Amazon, so pretty sure this will be too. I already have my pre-order in at my FLGS.
    Very true. I will wait for my Amazon to show up, I'd rather buy it at a discount.

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

I'm sure Amazon will have it in stock.

However, Miniatures Market and CoolStuffInc both have the corebook listed for pre-order, and each with a pretty hefty discount off the cover price as well.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

From the FFG site, probably old news to you guys:

"When we first announced Edge of the Empire, we projected a release date sometime in the second quarter of 2013. However, a minor delay has required that we alter the release date slightly. The Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook, Roleplay Dice pack, and Game Master’s Kit will now be on sale the first week in July."
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

The Core Rulebook is set to be released on July 5th (tomorrow). Here is a video from Fantasy Flight that previews the Core Rulebook and future releases:

I can't wait to get my hands on the game. I am intrigued by the path of the Force users in the three rule books, as it seems to mirror Luke's path from A New Hope to Return of the Jedi.

Here's to hoping that some PbP games will spring up soon after the release.
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. ~ Darth Vader

Reports of gamers picking up the Core Rulebook and GM Screen and photos of them are popping up all over Google+. Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by hisham View Post
    Reports of gamers picking up the Core Rulebook and GM Screen and photos of them are popping up all over Google+. Looks pretty good.
    Picked up my CRB yesterday, flipped through a bit this morning before work.

Looks good so far, though some mechanics may be tough to port to PbP. Layout seems reasonable enough, art is beautiful...so far I only noticed one typo...most things are explained clearly, and examples are used to illustrate the more complex concepts well.

Once I finish a thorough read-through, I may try doing a few short, one-off test runs here, just to see how things work out in a PbP environment in practice.

What kind of dust?

I just ordered by Core Rulebook today and I hope to receive it by Friday. I planned on saving up my money to get it at a later date, but the reviews I've seen pushed me into ordering now.

Once I finish a thorough read-through, I may try doing a few short, one-off test runs here, just to see how things work out in a PbP environment in practice.
    Have you considered running the Beginner Game? From what I've seen, it takes the players through the basic rules one step at a time and is a good introduction to the new game.

Also, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the test runs. Please let us know if you decide to run a few practice sessions, as I would like to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by red5_5 View Post

Have you considered running the Beginner Game? From what I've seen, it takes the players through the basic rules one step at a time and is a good introduction to the new game.
    No...I have the full version...why would I spend another $30 on the trial version? From first read, the CRB is quite good at explaining things to players/GMs of any experience level...from "This is an RPG? Where's the CD/Key?" to "I've played every major system from DnD 1e to the present."

What kind of dust?

Quote Originally Posted by coldskier0320 View Post
    No...I have the full version...why would I spend another $30 on the trial version? From first read, the CRB is quite good at explaining things to players/GMs of any experience level...from "This is an RPG? Where's the CD/Key?" to "I've played every major system from DnD 1e to the present."
    Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding! I didn't know you don't have a copy of the beginner game. Also, I didn't know the core rulebook was that user friendly. I look forward to getting a chance to look it over this weekend! From what I've seen from the beginner game, I am intrigued by the use of the custom dice.

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

I managed to get my copy from the FLGS last Friday (would have been Wednesday, but FedEx frelled up and forgot to put the FLGS' order on the truck for Wednesday deliver).

I'm very impressed with the book, both from a quality and from a quantity of crunch perspective. The artwork is very nice, much of it evocative of an "on the fringes of society" type of feel. The extra GM chapters are a very handy resource, even for a GM that's pretty well-versed in Star Wars lore.

There were a couple changes that surprised me, including a few I'm not sure were meant to be changed (Twi'lek starting Wound Threshold and cost of a couple Force Power upgrades for instance) and one that I was disappointed to see (Explorer's losing Charm as a career skill, though adding Survival certainly made sense).

Sadly, it doesn't look as though I'll have much opportunity to run a face-to-face game of EotE, as the groups I currently game with have expressed very little interest in EotE at the moment. Thankfully, the GM and players of the Sunday Skype group I'm in have all expressed a desire to run an EotE campaign, so I'll at least get to play that way.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

Thread Information