Thread: DSP or not.. Entering a death match?

Veteran Player

Default DSP or not.. Entering a death match?

Over on Rancor's pit we are discussing whether someone who knowing and willingly entered a death match to get himself some quick cash, and realizing his opponent stood a good chance of beating him spent a FP to win, should get a DSP or not.

Someone mentioned that in Knights of the old Republic, someone earned a DSP just for entering a death match.

so if you were the GM, would you award someone a DSP for just entering a death match? What about the popping the FP to beat them (Kill them in other words).
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

If it were me, they would get two. I'd give one for entering and I certainly would give one if they spent a FP to kill someone under any other circumstance.

Depends if the PC is Force-Sensitive or Not.

Voluntarily, knowingly and willingly enters a death-match for the purpose of earning cash:
    F-S? Immediate DSP the moment he enters the ring.
    Non-F-S? No DSP

Uses a Force Point to kill the opponent while in this voluntary death match: Automatic DSP regardless of Force-Sensitivity.
    RND(axe)

I stun the Wookiee!

D6 Forever!

I concur with my esteemed fellow Star Wars fans.

DSP for FS for even entering.
    Extra DSP for using the Force to kill, even to save himself

No DSP for Non-FS entering
    DSP for using Force to kill, even to save himself
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
    I concur with my esteemed fellow Star Wars fans.

DSP for FS for even entering.
    Extra DSP for using the Force to kill, even to save himself

No DSP for Non-FS entering
    DSP for using Force to kill, even to save himself
    This is generally how my group always does it save that getting a DSP for using the Force to kill depends heavily on his state of mind and whether or not it was intentional.

Say someone has you down on your back and they are just pummeling your face into hamburger meat. You want to get away, you summon all your might, and you shove/throw them off of you. Unfortunately, when he flew back, he hit his head on the wall, cracked his skull, brain hemorrhage, and now he's dead. If your intent was to kill him, then yes, DSP; If you had any kind of malicious thought in your head and heart when you did it, it's a DSP. If, however, it was an unfortunate accident and you were just trying to get him away from you, it's not a DSP.

We have kicked about the idea of doing half DSPs, though, for situations like this, but the group hasn't reached a consensus.

Thread Information