Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Departed: Gauging Interest

Punt it back to me, I'll see what I can do with it.
    A. DuQuennes

I am the one you warned me of.

Quote Originally Posted by coldskier0320 View Post
    For me it's work and general-IRL related, but yeah, it seems that lately I've been served an extra helping of insanity sauce.
    If I haven't said it enough already, I'm really digging your stuff.

If RL stuff is getting in your way, don't sweat The Departed; I'm definitely more of the "quality over quantity" type, and have plenty of filler I was holding off on as I didn't want to disrupt the "Kodi" narrative.

If you need to step back from The Dpearted for a while to tackle Life and wrestle it back under a reasonable facsimile of control, I'll go ahead and post my filler stuff (some more Genesis, and some current/concurrent stuff).

ETA: I can also work w/gmjabreson and Vanger on other things.
    A. DuQuennes

Dinosaur chicken nuggets...but with tofu inside instead of predigested chicken meat.
    Umm, that is Soy...Soy Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash DuQuennes View Post
    Punt it back to me, I'll see what I can do with it.
    Email went out to you & Terras 13 Sep. I can resend if you need it.

GMJabreson, how's milling out your character coming along?
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 13 October 2014 at 03:59 AM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

experienced groundpounder

I'm still fleshing out a few things on her, particularly her past and how she defected to the Rebellion from her service in the Imperial Starfighter Corps. Haven't been able to touch base and coordinate with Terras yet. I don't remember getting an email, but it might have went to spam folder instead for some reason. God knows with yahoo mail at times.
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

If I haven't said it enough already, I'm really digging your stuff.

If RL stuff is getting in your way, don't sweat The Departed; I'm definitely more of the "quality over quantity" type, and have plenty of filler I was holding off on as I didn't want to disrupt the "Kodi" narrative.

If you need to step back from The Dpearted for a while to tackle Life and wrestle it back under a reasonable facsimile of control, I'll go ahead and post my filler stuff (some more Genesis, and some current/concurrent stuff).

ETA: I can also work w/gmjabreson and Vanger on other things.
    By all means post! Its mostly a lack of my inspiration & free time syncing up...lately when I have a while with nothing to do, I'm utterly spent, and only really want a stiff drink and something that takes no thought...then in the middle of my work day, I get awesome ideas, and want to write pages.

If anything, more of your background material will help me feel inspired to write when I read it (which is usually when i have time to actually write).
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

experienced groundpounder

well, her favorite line in her "infiltration days" was "If it exploded, I was short on time. If it's burning, I was out of detonators and we better run. If it's fixed and working, I was out of everything and really bored."
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Quote Originally Posted by gmjabreson View Post
    I'm still fleshing out a few things on her, particularly her past and how she defected to the Rebellion from her service in the Imperial Starfighter Corps. Haven't been able to touch base and coordinate with Terras yet. I don't remember getting an email, but it might have went to spam folder instead for some reason. God knows with yahoo mail at times.
    Terras has been really busy with a house renovation, new system build, and recently a bit of an illness. He's hard to catch with all that's been going on.

If I can help, feel free to tag me if you see me on IM, or tag me via EM/PM.

By all means post! Its mostly a lack of my inspiration & free time syncing up...lately when I have a while with nothing to do, I'm utterly spent, and only really want a stiff drink and something that takes no thought...then in the middle of my work day, I get awesome ideas, and want to write pages.

If anything, more of your background material will help me feel inspired to write when I read it (which is usually when i have time to actually write).
    I find that with ADD I have a similar issue. I try to jot down snippets of ideas or conversations when it hits so I don't lose it. Later I can go over the "starter" ideas to spark some good writing. I find that going over the ideas, and story bits I've already put to bytes helps to "stir the creative juices".

Fortunately having upgraded to a decent Droid after running over my WinMobile5 Derpfone makes it a lot easier to log ideas as they hit.

My last job was very mentally exhausting, so I very much sympathize.

Quote Originally Posted by gmjabreson View Post
    well, her favorite line in her "infiltration days" was "If it exploded, I was short on time. If it's burning, I was out of detonators and we better run. If it's fixed and working, I was out of everything and really bored."
    LOL. Sounds to me she might be more on the Commando side of things with a lean toward Intel, instead of a straight Intel spook. Most Infiltrators are largely data-gatherers, with the occasional Assassination or Abduction thrown in.

All, don't forget an off-site text editor is almost a must for posting. Otto von Logout's orders have become a lot stricter, and tends to quietly disconnect you (IIRC after about 5-10 minutes "idle") if you try to do a bit of composing or editing in the post widow prior to firing off a reply. Otto doesn't see typing in a posting window prior to submission as activity, and tends to take the stool out from under you while you're still enjoying your drink at the bar.

Copy-Paste-Post or Post-then-Edit is still the official Holonet Dance.

I've also noticed this thread has 5 stars after it in the forum page. Is there some sort of activity / popularity indicator in the boardware I wasn't aware of?
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 13 October 2014 at 04:31 AM.
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Made some good progress today on "Coruscant Vacation" (only slightly interrupted by The Walking Dead); Vanger, check your gmail inbox when you get a chance.

Give it a going over, make any changes you feel necessary, and punt it back to me.
    A. DuQuennes

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I've also noticed this thread has 5 stars after it in the forum page. Is there some sort of activity / popularity indicator in the boardware I wasn't aware of?
    Gray bar, top of the page. "Rate this thread."
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Made some good progress today on "Coruscant Vacation" (only slightly interrupted by The Walking Dead); Vanger, check your gmail inbox when you get a chance.

Give it a going over, make any changes you feel necessary, and punt it back to me.
    I checked, hard to find the right file. Everything in the email is basically from 13 Sep. V2-1-1 (had to do some serious hunting to find that) in gDrive is minor changes only, nothing past where I walked into the "blast doors", OOC lead-ins are still there for Story Time and at the end.

Looks like we'll need Version numbers to keep everything straight as the emails include all attachments & links to gDrive, not just the latest, nor do I know a way of stripping out the old stuff. Example V2, V2-1, V2-2, etc. The end changes after each person's edit/update so we can easily find the latest & greatest.

Interesting that the Rating System's making a comeback after being jettisoned a long time ago. IIRC it was largely due to flaming cropping up over members rating each other or their posts poorly.
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 21 October 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Vanger, latest/greatest version (v3) of Coruscant Vacation is in your GMail inbox. Does Terras have a GMail account? If so, I'd be more than happy to share with him, as well.

Please annotate/insert stuff as you see fit (I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, though, unless I'm waaaay off base in "reading" you). Note: there's a few additions from earlier in the narrative (the shuttle trip to Coruscant).

Everyone else: it seems work "September madness" has not relented for October. Our Area Service Manager is pulling people from our office to assist another; he's beginning to make a habit of it. So, due to a (approaching chronic) shortage of people locally, work is insane and is going to be so (quite possibly) up to and through Thanksgiving, and, quite possibly, the New Year.

So I'm having less time (energy mostly, cold nailed it earlier when he said, "...lately when I have a while with nothing to do, I'm utterly spent, and only really want a stiff drink and something that takes no thought...").

That's becoming me, in a nutshell.
    A. DuQuennes

Vanger, latest/greatest version (v3) of Coruscant Vacation is in your GMail inbox. Does Terras have a GMail account? If so, I'd be more than happy to share with him, as well.

Please annotate/insert stuff as you see fit (I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, though, unless I'm waaaay off base in "reading" you). Note: there's a few additions from earlier in the narrative (the shuttle trip to Coruscant).

Everyone else: it seems work "September madness" has not relented for October. Our Area Service Manager is pulling people from our office to assist another; he's beginning to make a habit of it. So, due to a (approaching chronic) shortage of people locally, work is insane and is going to be so (quite possibly) up to and through Thanksgiving, and, quite possibly, the New Year.

So I'm having less time (energy mostly, cold nailed it earlier when he said, "...lately when I have a while with nothing to do, I'm utterly spent, and only really want a stiff drink and something that takes no thought...").

That's becoming me, in a nutshell.
    He does, it should be in the Sender List from my Sep 13 send of Version2. I'll go ahead & forward it.

For about 2.5 years on my last job I was so mentally worn down at the end of the day it was ridiculous, so I understand.

Since we've all seemed to agree the first portion up to where I hit the Blast Doors is good, should I go ahead & post that up so the game keep some momentum? We can then run Coruscant on through as a following post.

Works for me.
    A. DuQuennes

Part One is up, Part Two updated & stuffed through the Intertubes.

Interestingly, right after I posted it and before my typical eight-plus Edits (mostly comma-culling), six extra "Guests" (plus Laotiverp - who's always onsite) suddenly dropped into the Roleplaying Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanger Chevane View Post
    Part One is up, Part Two updated & stuffed through the Intertubes.

Interestingly, right after I posted it and before my typical eight-plus Edits (mostly comma-culling), six extra "Guests" (plus Laotiverp - who's always onsite) suddenly dropped into the Roleplaying Forum.
    v3-2 is back to you. I think it's mostly ready for posting. There should be a brief depart Coruscant/return to Tirahnn bit, which I can do, or you can, if you want.
    A. DuQuennes

Thread Information