Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The Departed: Gauging Interest

They do, but it's treated by Employers / HR reps worse than the offal found on craigslist.

Outrageous strings of requirements to discourage most ppl viewing the job, and either no pay noted so they can underpay as much as possible, or a ridiculously low one listed.

Where do you think I found the NOC Engineer for 10/hr job, a 60% off sale?
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

WRT The Sullustan Situation: that's a "Leader's Brief," so neither Oan/Ra would be present. Squadron Commanders, Ship Commanders, Ground Force Commanders, etc.

ETA: But your commentary did highlight where I need to "clean up" a few things; more of a "clarity" issue in my exposition than anything.

ETA#2: You did bring up some good things I hadn't considered; that could be an ad hoc commentary to Ash during caf o'clock, as IC-Ash doesn't necessarily think along the same lines as his spook team.

But...since it's about two weeks (or less) and and counting to actual deployment of FireFly conventional forces, shouldn't Oan/Ra/Ceria be headed out/already gone, to get their ship?
    Last edited by Ash DuQuennes; 11 November 2015 at 12:45 PM.
    A. DuQuennes

I am the one you warned me of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash DuQuennes View Post
    WRT The Sullustan Situation: that's a "Leader's Brief," so neither Oan/Ra would be present. Squadron Commanders, Ship Commanders, Ground Force Commanders, etc.

ETA: But your commentary did highlight where I need to "clean up" a few things; more of a "clarity" issue in my exposition than anything.

ETA#2: You did bring up some good things I hadn't considered; that could be an ad hoc commentary to Ash during caf o'clock, as IC-Ash doesn't necessarily think along the same lines as his spook team.

But...since it's about two weeks (or less) and and counting to actual deployment of FireFly conventional forces, shouldn't Oan/Ra/Ceria be headed out/already gone, to get their ship?
    Quite right about that, but I did mention IC about having Secure Comms arranged before leaving, so there could be a test of the new ship's Holocomm where news & ideas are exchanged, at least with Anamiika & Zylo to verify the system works properly & is secure enough at both ends.

Other things, like using the ship's advanced sensors & comm system as a "forward observer" for the corvettes will have to be coordinated with the Commodore, & tested during travel in some nice unoccupied system. The longshots & Sensors also let the ship do intel gathering & fire direction from a reasonably safe standoff during battle.
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 12 November 2015 at 10:50 AM.
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Vanger: I haven't heard from you in a while, so I'm just checking in to see how the job-search situation is going.
    A. DuQuennes

Quote Originally Posted by Ash DuQuennes View Post
    Vanger: I haven't heard from you in a while, so I'm just checking in to see how the job-search situation is going.
    Nor I you. I'm still struggling with that & making the mortgage, as well as physical therapy & depression - along with a resounding non-response from the VA on the latter.

I have some ideas for getting the new ISO Freighter, but nothing coherent yet. Not even sure how "well attended" their departure would be, from most of "the heads" seeing them off to just lifting off quietly in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanger Chevane View Post
    Nor I you. I'm still struggling with that & making the mortgage, as well as physical therapy & depression - along with a resounding non-response from the VA on the latter.
    Right. I didn't want to jog your elbow with game stuff until I had heard from you that "life" was settling down and taking a turn for the better.

I have some ideas for getting the new ISO Freighter, but nothing coherent yet. Not even sure how "well attended" their departure would be, from most of "the heads" seeing them off to just lifting off quietly in the middle of the night.

Well, my original concept was to keep my spec ops/undercover assets as nondescript and out-of-the-spotlight as much as possible, hence Oan's "Technician-at-Large" status, what with his not being assigned to any specific tech-group within Engineering & Logistics, as well as Ra's general "office flunky" junior executive assignment.

As we had discussed previously (given the time gap, if you don't recall the conversation, it's understandable), Oan & Ra, when ready to go do their thing to acquire their ship, would officially be sent out on some sort of corporate business, most likely an equipment purchasing run, hitting several planets to excuse their extended absence; Ra as the corporate rep, Oan as the tech adviser.

So as such, not much of any kind of "big deal" would be made by anybody at their leaving; the pretense is "business-as-usual, nothing-to-see-here." A casual, routine "okay, we're off, see you all again in a few weeks, good luck on the missions" kind of office message from Oan/Ra would be all that would be expected.
    A. DuQuennes

Update:

I started a new job last week, and it's a good one. Still learning everything & working without all I need, but it's more of a challenge than frustration.

I'm trying to line up ideas into a cohesive string, but not sure how much detail you really want to cover those 2-3 weeks on Junction...

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

That's great to hear (err...read?), Vanger!

I definitely know what you mean on the challenging/frustrating difference. Hopefully you weren't out long enough to really throw a wrench into your financial situation. I know I'm still trying to get all my ducks in a row and start rebuilding the savings.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Update:

I started a new job last week, and it's a good one. Still learning everything & working without all I need, but it's more of a challenge than frustration.

I'm glad I'm hearing good news, esp. before the Holidays. Doubly glad that the "frustration quotient" seems to have abated work-wise, and that your new job is to your liking. Nothing worse than sucking up a crap job that you hate/makes you miserable just to pay the bills.

I'm trying to line up ideas into a cohesive string, but not sure how much detail you really want to cover those 2-3 weeks on Junction...

That's entirely up to you; don't feel the need to write a novel just because I get all word-y as often as not. Remember that I'm trying to fill backstory wrt The Departed Universe for the player's and reader's benefit, told from my IC and GMC's perspectives, rather than dump a novella of exposition.

Bottom line that I and IC-me needs the SpecOps team outfitted and "out-in-the-field" for business/story purposes, and sooner is better than later.
    A. DuQuennes

Thread Information