Thread: Supplements We'd Like to See?

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Default Supplements We'd Like to See?

After picking up my first two FFG supplements this weekend, I've been thinking about what I'd like to see form them in the future.

I grabbed Suns of Fortune, which I'm just starting to thumb through as I type this, as well as Dangerous Covenants, which I checked out fairly thoroughly over the past two days.

I like the idea of books to flesh out each of the careers, and can't wait to see what they offer for some of the other ones, but I'd also like to see kind of an FFG equivalent of the RCR Heroes' Guide, with a host of non-tree talents, alternate uses for skills, extended talent trees, etc.

I'd also like to see a "kit" book that focuses entirely on weapons and gear.

I also really like the direction they're going with Suns, focusing on a specific sector rather than an entire region of space a la Coruscant and the Core Worlds. While those books are fantastic as sort of an encyclopedia, and I really like the ones I own, you can't help but want more in-depth info. I'm hoping Suns will offer that, and that they perhaps go on to focus on other sectors, or small groups of worlds. I think that a hardback supplement titled Glorious Jewel, covering Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddaa, and the rest of Hutt Space (Klatooine, Ylesia, etc.) would be a fantastic addition to the EotE lineup, and I think it's been long enough since the WEG days for them to take a crack at the Corporate Sector themselves.

Finally, I think that it'll be a necessity for them to do some sort of alien species compendium as well.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Do they have a "ships" book yet? because that's absolutely what I want.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

It seems like FFG is following the "stats sell books" model, so I doubt we'll see any kind of comprehensive compilation of a given type (starships, species, weapons, etc) until the product line is nearing the end of it's life.

WotC found out that a pure species or pure starship book sells very well, but that's less content they can put into other books. I suspect we'll see a mix of setting books like Suns of Fortune, career books like Dangerous Covanents and Enter the Unknown, and adventure modules.

As for what EotE supplement I'd like to see next, I'd like to see Colonists get their due. It's a career that seems to get overlooked in favor of flashier careers like Bounty Hunter or Hired Gun or even Explorer. I'd also like to see Hutt Space get it's own supplement. Hutts are such a major element of the criminal underworld in Star Wars, and that underworld is one of the prevalent themes in EotE.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

I'd like to see some era books. Clone Wars especially. For strictly EotE content, perhaps a revisit of the Pirates and Privateers from the WEG days.
    "Choke on that, causality!"

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I think that a hardback supplement titled Glorious Jewel, covering Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddaa, and the rest of Hutt Space (Klatooine, Ylesia, etc.) would be a fantastic addition to the EotE lineup
    Ask and ye shall receive, apparently.

I picked up "Lords of Nal Hutta" earlier this week, and while I've only done the quick flip through and maybe the first 20 pages in-depth, it appears to be exactly what I'd hoped it'd be when I posted the above quote just over a year ago.

While I still haven't finished poring over it, from the early exit polling, I'd say it's up to the high standard that FFG has set for its SWRPG supplements, and a must-have for anyone that's really embracing the spirit of the EotE setting.

Along with "Fly Casual", "Dangerous Covenants", and possibly "Suns of Fortune", it really rounds out the EotE lineup, and seems like a stellar "core" of books in the system.

Looking forward to a Bounty Hunter class book as well!
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by coldskier0320 View Post
    I picked up "Lords of Nal Hutta" earlier this week, and while I've only done the quick flip through and maybe the first 20 pages in-depth, it appears to be exactly what I'd hoped it'd be when I posted the above quote just over a year ago.
    Holonet's Penangallan contributed to that book!

Also I'd like to see this sourcebook at some point:

Fake cover I made last year, btw.

Thread Information