Thread: Spin off movie in the works

Default Spin off movie in the works

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27533605

British director Gareth Edwards, who made the recent Godzilla movie, is set to direct a Star Wars spin-off film, Walt Disney Co has confirmed.

I haven't seen the new Godzilla (I haven't even seen any of the old Godzillas, for that matter. And I live in Japan!), but apparently the guy's been given the job of making a spin off. The article doesn't specifically say it will be a spin off of the sequel trilogy. Perhaps it will be one of the character-centric ideas (Yoda, etc.) that has been floating about...

Experienced Player

Depending who what it is about I look forward to these one offs far more then 7-9. There are so many stories they could tell and I hope using others will bring us some neat story/ideas like we haven't really seen much of since WEG was putting out rpg material. I am however not that exited about the focused characters in the character-centric films, at least as they are rumored now... Boba Fett, Han Solo, Yoda etc.

Yes, I think those three characters had best be left alone unless someone can do an exceedingly good job.

In more news, a second spin off directed by John Trank (director of "Hollywood superhero film Chronicle and is currently making the new version of the Fantastic Four") has been announced:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27707615

That's five SW movies on the way now. Not sure if I should be excited or worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Yes, I think those three characters had best be left alone unless someone can do an exceedingly good job.

In more news, a second spin off directed by John Trank (director of "Hollywood superhero film Chronicle and is currently making the new version of the Fantastic Four") has been announced:

That's five SW movies on the way now. Not sure if I should be excited or worried.
    It's interesting, but I'm keeping a salt block handy.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Boba Fett movie set somewhere between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Perhaps it would fill the role of the live action series that never will see the light of day.
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Generalissimo of the Mud and Mayehm Society

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27533605

British director Gareth Edwards, who made the recent Godzilla movie, is set to direct a Star Wars spin-off film, Walt Disney Co has confirmed.

I haven't seen the new Godzilla (I haven't even seen any of the old Godzillas, for that matter. And I live in Japan!), but apparently the guy's been given the job of making a spin off. The article doesn't specifically say it will be a spin off of the sequel trilogy. Perhaps it will be one of the character-centric ideas (Yoda, etc.) that has been floating about...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Fierce View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Boba Fett movie set somewhere between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Perhaps it would fill the role of the live action series that never will see the light of day.
    I really liked the new Godzilla, I thought it was pretty well done (then again I also loved the Matthew Broderick version as well) and Chronicle was absolutely fantastic. I've got pretty high hopes for these movies. I think the biggest thing I'm going to need to remember is it's not going to be exactly like the originals were, but more of a new interpretation of the franchise.

As far as the Boba Fett movie possibility, I think it would be amazing if they did something along the lines of the rumored game 1313...like you said, right in between RotS and ANH, with a young Boba learning the ropes. That would be ideal.
    Days change, seasons change, people don't change

Maybe we could get a Zombieland spinoff called Trooperland. It could have Michael Sera and Woody Harrelson playing playing two survivors who find themselves on a former colony world that the Empire was testing a mind-control drug/chemical/weapon designed to either pacify the population or create ever-more loyal stormtroopers. Unfortunately, something went wrong and most of the population went berserk (I know not the most original scenario.)

They each call themselves by their home planet's name, like 'Yavin', 'Dan Tooine', or 'Ord Mantell'. They're trying to make it across world to find a spaceport with a functional ship or a radio that can penetrate the orbital jammers placed there to cover up the Empire's deeds. Of course, Harrelsen's character is also in search of the last of the Crisp-E-O brand dianoga cream-filled donuts on the planet (contrary to popular belief they do have an expiration date.)

Their formulaic buddy-movie gets derailed when they run into two cunning twi-lek 'sisters', Felucia and Corellia. The pair weave between being helpless damsels, opportunistic rogues, and flirty love interests. Also Bill Murray voices a gungan who thankfully gets 'accidently' shot 3 or 4 times when he tries to scare off the heroes by dressing up as Darth Vader.

We'd be treated to other such classics as Harrelsen braining a stumbling stormtrooper with a kloo horn and declaring, "Trooper Kill of the Week!" only to be denied by a cutscene of an elderly sullustan dropping a nalargon (Red Ball Jet organ) onto a stormtrooper's head from an upper-story building.
    Last edited by P-Za Lord; 23 February 2015 at 04:08 AM.
    "That's life. Or not, in your case."

Veteran Player

A few years back i heard rumors that both Yoda and Fett would be getting their own films, kind of like Xmen origins: Deadpool, and wolverine.
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Thread Information