Thread: Skip tracers, or Repo men, starwars style!

Veteran Player

Default Skip tracers, or Repo men, starwars style!

Over on our Sparks Yahoo group, someone mentioned one of his players is interested in a Repo men type template, sort of a ship thief/vehicle thief type template, but one who is legal to do the theft as they are repossessing it for whom ever. On Rancor's pit someone mentioned they are called Skip tracers in SW.

So if you was to make a template up for them,
    A) What sort of Attribute spread would you have? Which attributes would be high, versus which would be low?
    B ) What skill base would they have?
    C) What "added skills" do you see them getting based on which sort of 'repo' focus they are?
    D) What gear do you see them having?
    E) would their "License" be still active if they are in the rebellion?
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

I'm not nearly as well versed in D6 as other systems, so I'll try to keep it as non-system-specific as I can:

Skip tracers should really rely mostly on the law, a quick mind, and proficiency with technology. If (and lets face it, when) things go south, stealth and deception are fallback options.

Knolwedge, Bureaucracy, Law Enforcement, Cultures, Intimidation...Investigation, Persuasion, Search...Computer Programming/Repair, and Security.

One nice thing about having a akip tracer in the party would be their licenses. Proper documentation from BoSS can likely get them access to otherwise restricted or fee-laden services/amenities without question, as well as helping them and their party avoid too-close scrutiny.

If they're active rebels during Imperial rule, they'd do well to keep that to themselves so long as they're in the employ of any sort of legitimate government, bank, or business interest. If working directly for BoSS, they may get a little more leeway from their higher-ups, but anything they do that attracts direct imperial intervention will likely see their dismissal.
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Veteran Player

For a suggestion i sent this to our group. Let me know what you all think.

Dex 3d. Blaster, brawl parry, dodge, running
    Know 3d+1. Bureaucracy, law enforcement, language, value, willpower
    Mech, 2d+2. Repulsorlift operations, space transport operations, starfighter operations
    Per 3d+1. Bargaining, con, forgery, search
    Str 2d+2. Brawl, lift
    Tech 3d. Computer programming/repair, First aid, repulsorlift repair, space transport repair, security

Equipped with: Blaster pistol, License from 'established reposession service (may or maynot still be valid), lock breaking tools. 1, 400 credits
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

That looks pretty good to my (fairly green, D6-wise) eye. The brawl parry and lift possibly being specific to that individual (or not), and the value as a great addition.

Assuming they're a valid, upstanding skip tracer, they probably have several current, active licenses, in hard copy, datacard, and code cylinder format. The code cylinder may be coded as a sort of "master key" for most mid-rim and nearer interstellar spaceports.

What kind of dust?

That looks pretty good to my (fairly green, D6-wise) eye. The brawl parry and lift possibly being specific to that individual (or not), and the value as a great addition.

Assuming they're a valid, upstanding skip tracer, they probably have several current, active licenses, in hard copy, datacard, and code cylinder format. The code cylinder may be coded as a sort of "master key" for most mid-rim and nearer interstellar spaceports.

What kind of dust?

Don't forget surgical skills for when the Repo Man comes from GeneCo, uh sorry, GeneTech...
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

Thread Information