Thread: I'm still kicking

experienced groundpounder

Default I'm still kicking

Well folks, it has certainly been a while since I've been here. But, I'm here now to tell you all that I'm still kicking and screaming. Which in itself is probably a very big miracle.

So, I thought I'd say a few things to my fellow holonetters from my heart while I think about the brush I had:

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones, be thankful for the time you have with all of them, and enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy the friends you make here and in real life, and always find something that makes you laugh at least once a day.

Now some of you are probably wondering why I say that. January of this year, I had a serious wake up call. I had a massive heart attack that required two stents and a week's stay in the hospital. I was at a low point in my life that depression had me not giving a damn about my health and it damn near killed me. I haven't gotten back into gaming just yet, but I'm still working on the projects I have been working on, but at a much slower pace.

I guess, like Frodo, I'll never truly recover or be my old self. But, in ways that is a good thing.

Now before you all worry about my life still being all dark and scary, there is a lot of good light on it now. I got engaged last month to a very wonderful woman that I met before moving for school. It's a long distance thing, but we see each other when we can. No, we haven't set an actual wedding date yet and we haven't moved in together yet, but we are working on both slowly.
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Sky Pilot

The odds of surviving a massive heart attack and two stents are approximately 3720 to one!
    Never tell me the odds!

Glad to hear you're on the mend, gmjabre. Keep your eyes on the prize.
    <<<<<

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Sky Pilot

Double posted cuz I'm double happy you're ok.
    Last edited by Sarge; 18 September 2014 at 03:22 PM.
    <<<<<

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

D6 Forever!

Good to hear you're still kicking gmjabreson! Never an easy thing to go through something like that. Glad you pulled through!

And thumbs up on meeting someone who fills your heart with joy. :-)
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Glad you're feeling a whole, whole lot better since. And huzzah for engagement!

Thread Information