Thread: Teaser trailer is out

Sky Pilot

Default Teaser trailer is out

I'm not sure about the broadsword saber; after I see it in action I'll probably have an opinion.

New X-wings look cool.

I hate that square speeder thing. Ugly ugly ugly. It's not supposed to be the new speeder bike, is it?

Millennium Falcon vs TIE Fighters. I really really wish I could see that in IMAX 3d.
    <<<<<

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Agreed the updated X-W's are nice, and the speeder reminds me of an oversized, 70s rolling suitcase. If she bought that thing instead of building it, she probly got ripped off badly.

The Lightsabre's really been picked apart, but I can think of a way or two the style could be useful.

Be interesting to see if Han's picked up a couple of gunners over the years.
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 29 November 2014 at 03:26 PM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

I've been trying not to get excited about the new trilogy but that trailer just blew away my plans like a proton torpedo down an exhaust port!
    The X-wings flying NotE...
    The creepy voiceover, particularly
    "...and the light!"
    [silence]
    TheFalconsoomsinthehornsstartandisoilmypants!

Veteran Player

Saw it. The only 2 parts i saw i liked was the new Xwings flying across the water and that new lightsaber.. Other than that, i thought it was rather Meh..
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

I like the look of the new X-Wings and it's always good to see to see the Falcon back in action. That lightsaber, though...a lightsaber cross-hilt made of the same kind of deadly plasma as the blade is a horrible idea given how easy it is (and how likely it is) you'll brush up against your own guard in combat.

More than the hilt though, I want to know why the blade looks so different from what we're used to; it looks more wild and unrefined. Is it using some kind of new/experimental focusing lense or power source? Is it maybe a relic from thousands of years ago?
    Last edited by Seghast; 30 November 2014 at 01:31 AM.

After seeing it...I weep for the star wars universe. The whole thing felt and LOOKED more like a fan film. J.J. Abrams too me is and will always be a hack film maker.
    When you wish on a falling star, dreams can come true.

Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life.

Than your pretty much hosed no matter what you wished for. Unless your wish was death by meteor, than you can die soundly knowing that wishes do come true.

If you're brushing up against your hilt, you're using it wrong. Plain and simple. Also, lightsabre-resistant materials are a thing. Even in the new canon, there's still whatever those MagnaGuard staves or Vader's armor was made of. Make your gauntlets and breastplate out of that and the crossguard is somebody else's problem.
    Suspenders of Disbelief: For When the Harsh Weight of Reality Threatens to Drag the Trousers of Our Imagination Down to the Unforgiving Floor of Mundanity!

The citizens do not need to know what the cost is. They only need know that the mission has been accomplished.

My sole regret, as I initiate the scuttling sequence that will send my fusion pile critical, is that I will not be present in .03 seconds. I would like to watch as the Enemy try to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear explosion into their research facility. - Bolo Unit Maldon, Mk. XXX Continental Seige Unit of the 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade.

Jedi Master, Scholar, and Keeper of the True Light

It felt like a fan film to me too and I've liked a lot of Abrams' stuff
    "Faith Manages." - Ambassador Delenn
    Potentate of the Rose

Generalissimo of the Mud and Mayehm Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I've been trying not to get excited about the new trilogy but that trailer just blew away my plans like a proton torpedo down an exhaust port!
    The X-wings flying NotE...
    The creepy voiceover, particularly
    "...and the light!"
    [silence]
    TheFalconsoomsinthehornsstartandisoilmypants!
    This right here. I still get the chills when I watch it. I don't want to get my expectations too high but I feel like a little kid again, watching the OT on VHS that I borrowed from an older kid in the neighborhood. I never quite had that kind of movie watching experience since then, at least until now. I cannot wait.
    Days change, seasons change, people don't change

Thread Information