Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Fringers, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, and Ne'er-do-wells of All Sorts

Default Intro: Doyl Jaxon "DJ" Morano

I wasn’t exactly heartbroken when they called my number; my cellmate, Myk, was a fairly decent sort, but I was glad the sweeps kept him from holding onto a shiv. Myk tended to get…excitable…when frustrated. It’s why he was in slam, for cutting a guy over a bad hand of Sabacc. And he talked. Incessantly. Who he’d fought, who he’d killed, who he’d frakked, on and on. So I wasn’t going to shed any tears over our separation, however brief.

Hey, at least he didn’t want to cozy up to me.

Stepping out onto the tier, four goons were coming to collect me. I felt honored. Four toughs for little ol’ me? I stood still while they ran my number with the wand, listening to the din of all the other animals. One was particularly inventive, so I shouted over the shoulders of the goons, “Yeah, and your mother was an Ugnaught!”

“I got yer Ugnaught right ‘ere!” Not so inventive after all.

After a quick nod confirmed that I was unarmed, the goons surrounded me and turned toward the main processing area for the block, with little more fanfare than the head goon snarling a curt, “Let’s go.” Who taught these guys their manners?

Under my breath, I muttered, “And your mother was an AT-AT.”

“Whuzzat?” the goon asked dangerously.

“Nuthin’,” I said as pleasantly as I could, with my best “Mostly Harmless” grin.

Then the “interviews” started, like I was some kind of regular square looking for a square job. God, I hope it’s not Mess Duty. You want to see “criminal?” Look at what we eat. I swear, the Food Services Director had to be taking at least 25% of his budget out of here in his pocket. If it was Food Services, I was going to take a poke at a goon, for thirty days of R&R in the hole to get out of it.

Bad enough I gotta eat that dren; no way I was spending 12+ hours a day around it.

I finally glommed to the fact that this was exit processing. I tried to chat up a screw, to get some skinny, but he wasn’t in the mood for conversation. Finally, I’m standing at the cage getting my worldly possessions handed to me; magnanimous bastards actually gave me a room to myself to get dressed. None of this made much sense, but I wasn’t going to waste a golden opportunity like this. If it was some sort of data-glitch springing me eighteen-to-twenty-four-months ahead of schedule, I was going to get ghost as soon as I hit the street.

The street-Ah! The first breath of free air! Listen to me well, my Brothers and Sisters: ain’t no air sweeter than free air. Well, short of, you know, like, methane, or something. Unless that’s what you actually breathe.

Grass! Green, green grass! Sweet, cut to within a millimeter of it’s sweet, green life (I should know, having pulled Yard Duty a couple of times), I wanted to take off my boots and run barefoot through it.

Sunlight! And not some anemic little shaft through a window so high a troop of Wookie acrobats couldn’t reach it, and so small an anorexic Jawa couldn’t squirm through it after a month of fasting. Just lots of pure sunlight, beaming down on the just and unjust alike with equal abandon.

“You done sightseeing, frellnick?” Jenkins, one of the screws, a goon supervisor. Oh, how I was going to miss him. Five minutes around him and you start thinking them Rebels might have a point.

“Yeah,” I answered with a sigh.

He tapped my shoulder with his stun baton (not activated, and none too roughly, I noted; I was now a “citizen” once again, and he couldn’t damage the merch), pointed me towards the parking lot, and barked, “Get ghost.” One of these days, someone is going to give him a stun baton suppository. I’m almost sorry I won’t be around to see it.

I figured to hit the public transit as soon as it stopped by, as no one was coming to pick me up; even if anyone had known, my old crew was two planets away by hop, my parents two sectors away, and neither about (or even able) to go out of their way to give me the time of day. Mum and Da were sadly disappointed in me.

The feeling was mutual.

To get to the public transit stop, I had to cross the prison parking lot. I might’ve thought about boosting a speeder right there, but I had no tools with me, and didn’t really want to start my new life of newfound freedom by committing a felony right in my former residence’s parking lot. Goons and screws can be a bit tetchy about that kind of thing.

I get down to the parking lot proper, and there’s a shiny black speeder, a real “I’m Important” model I couldn’t immediately place, but I street priced it at 10,000 creds. Nice.

I gave the square hanging out by it a quick once over, ready to bop on by on my way to getting ghost from this place as quick as my feet could get me, when she says to me, “DJ.” Like we knew each other, or something. That stopped me.

“Greetings.”, she says, all formal and stuff. I open my mouth, but she cuts me off.

How rude.

“Though I’m sure you have many questions, I’m not here to answer them, beyond this: your record has been cleared as far as the Empire is concerned. You are free to do as you wish with your new freedom, but I’d strongly encourage you to keep this”, she tossed me a comlink, “...on your person. At an appropriate time, someone will contact you. And when they do, the circumstances surrounding your release will become more clear. Understood?”

I smiled pleasantly, and said, “Not in the slightest. Totally clueless. Lost.”

Miss Manners apparently wasn’t in a chatty mood, turning without so much as a “Later, tater,” to get in the Mobster Mobile. I couldn’t be sure, but there might’ve been someone else in there, too. Aha! I says to myself, Aha! She’s just a Face. Da Boss is there in back, scopin’ me out. I felt honored.

Before she was all the way into the speeder, she turns back and says, “Almost forgot. It’d be rude of me to secure your release and then provide you with no provision or recourse but to resort to crime again to provide your own necessities. Please use this until you can make other arrangements, or are contacted.”

“This” turns out to be a credit chip. Checking the balance, it’s a rather nice credit chip. I’m immediately suspicious. People don’t toss around this much coin without a lot of strings attached, and I hate being other people’s fools, dancin’ on the end of the strings they pull hither and yon with gleeful abandon, having little regard for how dinged up their puppet might get.

But then again, I was standing in the parking lot of a prison I had no intention of ever coming near again if I could possibly help it, with a clean record, a slick grin, and the one set of clothes that was the sum total of my worldly possessions. Well, there was my “stash” back in my old cell.

Myk was welcome to it; Kardo wanted my action anyway, and he had crazy eyes. Let him fight Myk for it.

Looking at the receding Mystery Mobile, I figured I was still taking the bus.
    Last edited by Ash DuQuennes; 2 November 2015 at 12:07 PM.
    A. DuQuennes

I am the one you warned me of.

Moderator: Roleplaying Forum coldskier0320's Avatar

Good stuff, Ash! I'm getting some kind of a "30s Gangster" vibe from it, and the first person PoV kind of has that noir-ish/Sin City kind of vibe. While the tone of the overall won't necessarily be quite that gritty, it will certainly fit in without any problems, and will, I think, add to it.

Also to Ash specifically in this particular instance, but to everyone as a general FYI: there's no real pressing need to make sure that you get "all of the bases covered" with regard to skill sets/areas of expertise. If a particular task needs to be accomplished, your employer will make sure you have the appropriate skills to accomplish it (either by giving you assignments that fit the skills of the group, or attaching another "asset" to the group with those skills (that the group would then be tasked with protecting and putting in a position to do their thing). This sort of attachment may also be used to add some "teeth" to a softer group if "aggressive negotiations" are anticipated, or even just an associate of The Boss to help out as needed while keeping an eye on the group...or to act in a role similar to an Alliance Observer on a privateer ship, to review the Take, ensure policy compliance, etc.

Of course, should the group decide to break ties with The Boss and strike out on their own, they'd no longer get these sort of "tag alongs", whether they be skilled assistance or "eyes over the shoulder".
    W.W.G.D. - What would Grimace do?

What kind of dust?
    Dirt-laced dust. Probably originating from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by coldskier0320 View Post
    If the others want to be on the same cell block as you, that's completely fine, but not necessary. You could have been held on any of a few hundred worlds that are home to an Imperial prison complex, and if it's important in your intro, I leave that up to you to decide which one. As an extra bit of information, the player group is far from being the only ones selected in this manner, and in fact, it's entirely possible that you find yourself going through the out-processing with anywhere up to a dozen other inmates of various backgrounds, to be addressed as a group by the young lady. If it fits your story to be just you, that's fine as well...just something to consider.

One possibly significant point, though, is that every PC will be starting with 10 Obligation of the Sponsorship type, to signify your being 'sprung' by this benefactor. This in mind, if your history for Saji revolved around being completely innocent of all charges, perhaps there is some other reason (not hard to imagine, given the SOP of Imps in this era) for a reasonable individual to believe that it was not really a situation where Saji could be content to wait the system out and have his name cleared, but rather a case of ISB wanting to put him away at any cost, and somehow "finding new evidence" (whether in the form of planting said evidence, falsifying records, or simply paying off/threatening local officials to look the other way in his case) and having him "temporarily detained" indefinitely.

Basically, had Saji not been "selected" for release, he should have had no reasonable expectation of release any time soon. He wasn't likely to be held forever, but his case wasn't even up for preliminary reconsideration for another six months to a year. The idea of a political prisoner would work just fine, but the idea of "if you hadn't gotten me out of there, I'd have been walking out free in a month or two anyway" isn't really an appropriate premise (in the same way that, for a military game, a premise of "this guy thumbs his nose at leadership and regularly goes renegade, but he's so good at what he does that they keep promoting him and now he's the leader of the group" wouldn't really work in a group where the PCs should be fairly green grunt troops).
    OK, I need to re-think a bit, and add the Obligation to the stats. Cold, will this change the Character's existing Obligations/Duties? Per the PDF I got, I gave Saji a 25-pointer based on party size. Do I leave that as-is, or dial it back to 15 to account for the GM Obligation?

I really appreciate the extra zipfile that has the descriptions instead of bland references to sourcebooks I don't have & probly can't get the Ol' Mk1 iBall on. Helps make sense of a lot of stuff.

Bocce, the XML is built to fit "inside" a CSS the generator uses. We'll need to copy it, build a new one, or most likely strip the relevant info out for plain-text posting similar to what I did for Saji's D6 stats.

Ash, good stuff as usual, and the image is great IMHO. Enough of a wiseguy to be a believable Con Artiste', and "upstanding Citizen" enough to get away with it.

I'd like a consensus if this is an individual or group release, as a Medical Review would be part of the out-processing, and Saji'd either be a part of it - getting his pack returned after working his station in the line, or his first hint would be that he's not involved in the day's "activities".

Saji might be kept in separate, better "accomodations". A seriously injured Guard's first stop is likely the local Infirmary, and making an enemy of the guy who is effectively on-call 24/7, within easy reach, and has all the sharp toys along with the skill to use or abuse them would be a bad choice.

Until we reach an agreement, we won't know if there's a largish group of Ex-Cons standing about, or just the 3 of us with DJ being the only one lacking a large-brimmed hat (A Stetson-style being part of Custer's image, Saji has a Boonie-style handy for backpacking round the Galaxy).
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 2 November 2015 at 05:24 PM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanger Chevane View Post
    Bocce, the XML is built to fit "inside" a CSS the generator uses. We'll need to copy it, build a new one, or most likely strip the relevant info out for plain-text posting similar to what I did for Saji's D6 stats.
    Yeah, I figured I'd import it to Excel and use some data-parsing functions to re-format it to a text and/or html format so I could paste it directly to the forums. Just haven't gotten around to it yet... I've been working on too many projects simultaneously; trying to get some knocked out so I can focus on just a couple.

I'd like a consensus if this is an individual or group release, as a Medical Review would be part of the out-processing, and Saji'd either be a part of it - getting his pack returned after working his station in the line, or his first hint would be that he's not involved in the day's "activities"...
    Until we reach an agreement, we won't know if there's a largish group of Ex-Cons standing about, or just the 3 of us with DJ being the only one lacking a large-brimmed hat (A Stetson-style being part of Custer's image, Saji has a Boonie-style handy for backpacking round the Galaxy).
    You're right on about the hat. And we should come to a consensus. I'm thinking I'll write up the IC-style backstory cold asked for, ending just before our release. Once we've all gotten to about that point, we should know enough about each other to decide if we had any contact with each other "in the joint." Sound good?

And cold, I will work on that IC backstory post forthwith. I seem to have glossed over your request to do that before getting into stats. We all did the opposite, so sorry about that. Making sure I could pick up FFG rules just seemed like the most pressing issue to me; didn't mean to ignore your rules.
    "Half the fun of God's forgiveness is having reasons to ask for it."

Saji might be kept in separate, better "accomodations". A seriously injured Guard's first stop is likely the local Infirmary, and making an enemy of the guy who is effectively on-call 24/7, within easy reach, and has all the sharp toys along with the skill to use or abuse them would be a bad choice.
    You really think an Imperial prison will let any inmate at all within a parsec of any medical instruments? Let alone treating guards? Negative on that one. They can afford to fill an infirmary with a group of 2-1B and FX-7 droids with 1-5 human (non-inmate) overseers and call it a day. There's absolutely no reason (or way) they'd consider saying, "Hey inmate, here, have a laser scalpel!"

I'd like a consensus if this is an individual or group release
    You're right on about the hat. And we should come to a consensus.
    Feel free to decide among yourselves. I've left that purposely open-ended so that you might all be together, separate, or even on totally different worlds. Makes little difference.

If it helps, though, the young woman, Sestia (though your characters don't even know her name yet), has spent several weeks hopping around the Inner, Mid, and Outer Rims paying for the release of various handpicked inmates, numbering at least in the dozens. It's not at all inconceivable that not only are some or all of you together, but there may be as many as 10-15 others released with you. Everything from petty thieves to hulking brutes, and all types in between...though there's not really any that really qualify as psychopaths or deranged individuals. (Again, how many or few other inmates released with you is up to you. If one or more decides they'd like to collaborate, that's fine, if any decide they want to be separate from the others, that's cool too, also released alone or with a group of others...makes no difference to me, as long as you play it out.)

And cold, I will work on that IC backstory post forthwith. I seem to have glossed over your request to do that before getting into stats. We all did the opposite, so sorry about that. Making sure I could pick up FFG rules just seemed like the most pressing issue to me; didn't mean to ignore your rules.
    No worries! Not a hard *rule* just something to help me understand your characters before we enter the opening scenes of the game itself. I'm not dead set on getting things in a certain order, just as long as I eventually get everything. My main motivation for preferring the story before the stats is in case there's some sort of hard conflict, so that it can be worked out before stressing unduly over stats, or even something relatively minor, like Vanger's above suggestion of Saji performing medical procedures on guards while being an "extended stay guest"...just generally stuff that wouldn't fly, or is fundamentally off-kilter. I'd rather manage any necessary course-corrections before making the jump to IC-space.

OK, I need to re-think a bit, and add the Obligation to the stats. Cold, will this change the Character's existing Obligations/Duties? Per the PDF I got, I gave Saji a 25-pointer based on party size. Do I leave that as-is, or dial it back to 15 to account for the GM Obligation?
    The "recommended daily intake value" of Obligation seems to vary quite a bit, depending on who you ask. One reference sheet says 25, one says 20, and the book says 15. I'm going to say have a base of 15. 10 of that will be Sponsorship, 5 your choice. Keep in mind that you also have the option of taking on 5 or 10 extra Obligation at character creation if you so choose to trade for XP or credits (if you do it, do it for XP...your sponsor is well-funded...unless you plan on betrayal early on...). So beyond the standard starting obligation, 5 represents a fairly light one...likely some sort of lingering ties to whatever situation landed you in prison in the first place, or a lingering connection...something. If you decide to add additional obligation, you can group it however you like, typically in multiples of 5...so if you took 10 extra, 5 each of 3 obligations, 10/5 split, or all 15 in one (which would represent a fairly pressing issue...perhaps getting picked up by the Imps was a blessing in disguise to get out of the reach of a vengeful Hutt...who will no doubt soon learn of your release and "send for you"). It's not at all necessary to take any extra though.

Also, one of the reasons to do your intro before your stats is because I plan to hand out a bit of bonus XP for good intros to be used at creation, which is a bit more advantageous than post-creation, as it can be used at creation to bump characteristics (Brawn, Agility, etc.), but once creation is over, the only way to bump those values is the Dedication trait found at the bottom of most trait tables. So a handful of bonus XP for a good story might mean the difference between a 2 and a 3...or a 3 and a 4.

Also, keep in mind that I plan to add XP pretty regularly, so after the first scene, expect a bit. In short, don't do much hand-wringing if you cant do everything you'd like to with the XP you start with...and think about where you'd like to go with your character too.

What kind of dust?

I can re-write my intro to account for more "releases" along with DJ, no prob.

My "intro" was more of a character conceptualization exercise than anything.

And, since I'm re-reading Glen Cook's Black Company series, you'll have to forgive the "grittiness" of my "tone." Cook's one of the authors who just rub off on me naturally while I'm reading his stuff. You don't want to see the tone-shift (I'll have to fight off!) if I decide to reread my Aubrey-Maturin novels by Patrick O'Brian!
    A. DuQuennes

I am the one you warned me of.

My "intro" was more of a character conceptualization exercise than anything.
    Exactly how it was intended.

And there's no problem with current reading influencing tone, after all, it's the accumulated experience of so much reading that helps dictate our personal writing styles anyway. From my side of the table, tone-wise...

I'm going for something a bit grittier and less style-elaborate than the Oceans movies (but right with it in terms of gathering up some of the Usual Suspects to pull a job, the idea of a "community" who's familiar with one another in a general sense, a sort of "code of conduct" or honor among thieves type of dynamic, and vibrant personalities coming together to achieve a common goal...expect occasionally, to get a note from me, either in the OOC, IC, or via PM/email that says, "When your character hears the conversation steer toward explosives, they're reminded of an old friend/colleague they haven't seen in years...but of all the jobs that went down in the rim involving heavy explosives, of old Chorpat wasn't directly involved, he usually had a pretty good idea of who was...he was always somewhat of a careful and suspicious sort, probably a good life insurance policy considering his line of work, and he'd been laying quite low since that business out in the Centrality...but if anyone could help your group find a few crates of Deton-D compound, Chorpat would be on that short list..."

Also a bit grittier, but along the same group dynamic, eventually, as the Rebels cartoon, but if it were aimed at the 18-35 demographic instead of the 5-10 demographic. A botched job isn't going to be a death sentence (but stupidity may be), and you don't have to be the best in the business to pull one (or more!) over on the imps...that being said, they're not as stupid/incompetent as they are in Rebels, and I'll be dispensing with the cheap humor. But the idea of a misfit crew in a good (if clunky/quirky) freighter is the core of this one.

For the more organized part of organized crime, I do love the classic mob movies. Expect portions inspired by (but hopefully not feeling ripped from) sources like Goodfellas and The Godfather.

Finally, for overall aims of the story, early on, it'll take place very much in the hazy area where shady corporate dealings intermingle with the legitimate side of crimelord dealings, all of it either neatly under the noses of, or with the tacit approval of, "our benevolent Imperial protectors...who will blow us out of space, or worse, send us straight to Kessel if they catch us with a hold full of the stuff we usually haul!"

What kind of dust?

Also a bit grittier, but along the same group dynamic, eventually, as the Rebels cartoon, but if it were aimed at the 18-35 demographic instead of the 5-10 demographic. A botched job isn't going to be a death sentence (but stupidity may be), and you don't have to be the best in the business to pull one (or more!) over on the imps...that being said, they're not as stupid/incompetent as they are in Rebels, and I'll be dispensing with the cheap humor. But the idea of a misfit crew in a good (if clunky/quirky) freighter is the core of this one.
    This is a great idea IMHO. I do hope that regular Army/Navy/Police forces weigh heavily on the Significant Threat end instead of the typical Cannon Fodder portrayal.

I believe that unless one is an Elite and surrounded by fellow Elites, Stormtroopers are like a SWAT Team. They show up, you bail out and run hard before they catch you, or you die trying to fight them off.

I can easily see somewhere in a planning session or on a mission Saji reminding people "Imperials can comm up lots of reinforcements. We can't."

I think DJ, Custer, & Saji should have some familiarity before they leave the Speeder Lot. That would let them get together & somewhat used to each other before being forced into whatever mission comes over the comlink. Whether it just be the 3 of them, or part of a larger group of "upstanding Citizens", Saji's going to avoid most of the harder criminals anyway.

Cold, check yer PMbox please.
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 8 November 2015 at 09:42 PM.
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Default A Short Backstory, As Told by Custer to the Imperials

I'm going for something a bit grittier and less style-elaborate than the Oceans movies (but right with it in terms of gathering up some of the Usual Suspects to pull a job, the idea of a "community" who's familiar with one another in a general sense, a sort of "code of conduct" or honor among thieves type of dynamic, and vibrant personalities coming together to achieve a common goal...
    I like it; hope this fits the bill:

--------------------

For the last time, I didn't kill them cops.

And I didn't blow up that danged space station.

Well, mostly I didn't. Sorta.

I tell you it was all his fault... it was...

He doesn't say it. He won't. He should, but he won't.

But he thinks it. He knows.

--------------------

It was supposed to be just another job. Ain't they all? And it started with a meet-up in a cantina. If that don't spell "routine" what does? Heck, I'm just saying.

So, I got the call, I made the meet, and there I am. Shady bar, shady spaceport, shady moon. Just another job. Fine. Routine. Routine is good.

And there he is, the Boss. No need for introductions, he knows me, and I know his type. Good enough.

Now, that little Twi'lek firecracker sittin' next to him... what's she s'posed to be? Eye-candy? Nope... pair of modified grip holdouts, double quick draw harness. She's the firepower. Going against stereotype. Good, that works. Fine.

Hmm... that twitchy little Duros fella... Pilot? Tech? If he's tech, why'd Bossman ask for me? I'm thinking pilot. Yeah, two seconds into the conversation and the boy's exactly what he seems. Sometimes going with stereotype works too.

And this boss? Well-oiled DL-44 slung low at the hip, casual yet calculated... Corellian, I'd say, or claims to be. Either way works, just a job. Dressed just well enough to distract the uppity-folk, just casual enough to distract the riff-raff... Yeah, he's fine. A pro. Not his first bantha wrangle. He knows the routine. Fine..

OK boss, girl, boy, hi, hello, I'm Custer, how d'you do and so on and so forth... so what're ya looking for? You need a mechanic? Got ya covered. You need some firepower to back up the deal, in case the deal goes bad-- which it always does-- got that covered too, boss. Ain't even gonna ask fer double pay.

So, the particulars on this little caper? I really wanna know, but I ask casual... stick with the routine.

Contact prefers to remain anonymous? Figures. Don't get jumpy Custer, sitck with the routine.

You think he's connected to the Hutts? I must say, that is a tad... unsettling... but no problem, boss. We can work with it... wait, this ain't got nothing to do with that refinery blowin' up yesterday... wait... don't even answer that. Do the job, skip the extracurriculars. Routine is good. What I don't know, I don't need to know... well, I probably do, but...

A'right, so if I may re-state this here plan: we get to the ship, we set up the transport backstory with a coupla weeks of short-range hauls, make our way back to Nar Shaddaa, meet the contact, make the delivery, pick up the package, collect our wages, and stay a galaxy-or-so away from each other for the next century-or-so.

That's all good boss; can do. It's fine.

Except for the "contact," "delivery," and "package" parts. Care to tell us lowly minion-types when yer gonna see fit to share the finer details on all that there?

Yer not sayin'. I see. A'right then. No, don't count me out boss; when I'm in, I'm in. Believe that boss.

This is the job. It's fine, it's routine. Let it go.

OK folks, then let's go steal us a ship.

Now, that's when the whole routine took a sideways-type turn... And I started talking real fast.

On second thought, and I don't mean to sound discourteously abrupt... but it does seem to me that the local law enforcement types are taking quite an interest in this here establishment. If I may suggest, let us all perhaps discreetly retire this conversation to a more friendly...

And then ever'body started shooting at ever'body. So I got down, and made straight sure the new "team" did the same.

... It's a no-go boss, we ain't gettin' outta here clean. Them cops ain't here for us, boss. But I'm pretty sure them assassins is. And if I may wager an opinion, I don't think neither cares about shooting anybody that ain't wearing their own colors. That seems to leave us on the short end... How 'bout you take pilot-boy here and make for the back door; me an Twi'lek girl will cover you.

I'll tell you one true thing right now: I ain't dying in this mudhole. At least not now, anyways.

You boys get out! Me and her will do what damage as can be done, then meet y'all back at the ship.

I got a bad feeling about this.

--------------------

It was all his fault... it was... sure as I'm breathing...

He doesn't say it. He won't. He should, but he won't. That's not what a man does.

Ten years in the Imperial prison. Ten years for crimes he didn't do.

Well, sorta. Mostly.

But still, he thinks it, he knows it: It was the Boss. It was "Solo."

--------------------

I hope to never see the man again, I truly do.

But the way this ol' Galaxy seems to work... odds are I'm gonna.

And when I do... I'm gonna kill him dead.

--------------------

I think DJ, Custer, & Saji should have some familiarity before they leave the Speeder Lot. That would let them get together & somewhat used to each other before being forced into whatever mission comes over the comlink.
    I agree entirely with all of your last post (re: threat levels). Particularly this part I quoted-- I think we ought to go with the idea that the three of us are familiar with one another, either personally or by reputation. I'll go on that assumption unless/until someone objects.
    Last edited by boccelounge; 9 November 2015 at 05:43 AM. Reason: additional background

Really good stuff, bocce!

I can definitely start to see this group dynamic coming together, and I think it'll be a nice balance between a group that's diverse and able to handle a lot but without turning into some kind of uber-swiss-army-knife of a group. You may not be able to do it all, but you're pretty good at doing enough to change the situation to something you *can* do.

I'll be sending out some emails either today or tomorrow regarding specific character stuff, and hopefully we can start to finalize stats.

I'm also going to kind of do a "soft open" to the game, a sort of prelude to the main action that will simply cover your first meeting with your 'benefactor', reveal their identity, why they got you out, and address some of the most likely concerns your characters may have. Feel free to make your first few IC posts in this meeting, after which we will hopefully have the OOC tasks of finalizing characters worked out, and we can jump into the first "real" scene.

What kind of dust?

I don't have a good concept anymore, so I'm out.

Good luck fellas.

Sorry to see you go, perhaps another time.

What kind of dust?

Just as a heads up: I haven't forgotten about you guys.

I'm slowly working on my follow up post, which will explain more about the set-up, and lead into your actual IC debut.

As I do that, though, I'm juggling a suddenly heavy workload, preparing for the peak of hunting season, planning a trip this weekend, and a few other unrelated issues.

With the field dropping to two, I'll likely be throwing some extra XP your way (in addition to some bonus XP for the backstories, and any you may pick up from the narrative portion of this intro), so be on the lookout for that as well.

To anyone else reading, I'm still open to taking on additional players as well, so if you're reading and on the fence, feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns you may have!

What kind of dust?

Thanks for checking in, cold.

Okay, as mentioned in another thread, I haven't checked these boards in ages. But...

This thread caught peaked my interest as in "I know cold, I know bocce, I know Vanger and I know Ash, how cool is that these guys are still around. Let's check out what they are planing...". And then I read the premise of the story and the character concepts you guys have come up with. I really like what I've seen so far and I am looking forward to seeing this story unfold. I'm intrigued.

This thread even made my creative juices flow and gave me a nice little idea for a character. The thread made me want to sit down and look up the character creation guidelines in my FFG EotE rule book (which I haven't had the chance to use at all since I got it).

Since I've been away from play by post for such a long time, I am not even sure if the character I have in mind is viable (system-wise). I thought any group of con men, guns for hire, or scoundrels in general needs an anxious and unsettled former Imperial SysAdmin who got in too deep with the wrong people. So basically I had the idea for a slicer who once was a "valuable member of society" but who had, eventually, bend rules for a reason yet unknown to me. Personality-wise, I thought him or her to be withdrawn and introverted. Maybe even with some sort of paranoiac fear that the Empire is spying all its citizens (but that might be too far fetched). I could also imagine him/her as squeamish and stuttering with a high aversion to violence.

Since I'm not sure if
    1. you are looking for this kind of character at all,
    2. you are still recruiting for this game and
    3. I can manage to get a hold of the FFG system again

consider me at least interested in reading the story and dropping occasional comments in the OOC thread. At least...
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Thread Information