Thread: Suitable ship for an Imperial Inquisitor

Default Suitable ship for an Imperial Inquisitor

Just spitballin' some potential campaign ideas, one of which involves an Imperial Inquisitor being an opponent for the PCs.

What sort of ship would you regard as suitable for a low-level Inquisitor? What sort of crew might they command?

I keep thinking of them as like unto minor crime lords, for some reason, with a crew of 5-6 trusted lieutenants (the role, not the rank), and then a bunch of stormtrooper mooks. But does this mean something like a Gozanti-class cruiser, or a light cruiser like the Raider-class? I mean, I imagine they can commandeer whatever resources they want, but I'm kinda overwhelmed with options and having trouble making up my mind.
    ...equal opportunity heretic.

Veteran Player

I see inquisitors as being on something big and intimidating. So for a rise of the empire time, a vic 1 should be sufficient. Maybe a rendil star drive dreadnought.
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

I suppose, to the Imperial mind, there's no such thing as "overkill," eh? :-)
    ...equal opportunity heretic.

For a game, the Inquisitor should have marginally superior equipment and resources, such that the PC's don't simply turn tail and "run away! run away!' every time the Inquisitor shows up.

Unless that's what you want them to do...

Considering the level of effort and planning Palpatine put into Order 66, I would realistically (heh) expect Inquisitors to have their own ImpStars, with Expert or Elite crews and fighter pilots. For an RPG, though, that might be considerable overkill.
    A. DuQuennes

I am the one you warned me of.

Thread Information