Thread: Perception based 'soaking"..

Veteran Player

Default Perception based 'soaking"..

Other than force powers, i've yet to find an instance in where someone does NOT USE strength (or stamina which is based on strength) to soak something, from Drugs, to diseases, to mind control devices.. Other than resisting opposed skills (con vs con, intimidate vs willpower etc), there is NOTHING that uses Per as a resistance, that is NOT force related...

But as we see in RL, someone get's hit by teargas, whether they are the 'barely 100lb soaking wet, 5ft 2 stick figure gal, or the 300lb ex linebacker, that tear gas will affect BOTH in a "PHYSICALLY similar manner", but depending on their wits and such (Perception!!) depends on how long one is affected..
    Same with sonic weaponry...

So why is it no tech in SW goes against Per instead of Str??

you would think that with the large # of high strength aliens out there, the empire at least, would have developed SOME weaponry that could attack them, and NOT go against their high Str, by hitting their weak Per...
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

D6 Forever!

I thought one of the published equipment guides had a sonic-based weapon? I don't have them accessible, but I seem to remember something odd out there for a weapon in one of the published books.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Veteran Player

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
    I thought one of the published equipment guides had a sonic-based weapon? I don't have them accessible, but I seem to remember something odd out there for a weapon in one of the published books.
    I've gone through most of my books and have seen seveal sonic weapons, all of which still resist with str...
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

IMHO a perception-based check would be to avoid. You see/hear/smell/feel it coming then move to dodge, evade, roll with the impact, take cover, etc.

A low-margin (close to the difficulty) success would mean taking partial damage instead of getting missed cleanly. Like getting grazed by a blaster bolt instead of either a solid hit or clean miss.
    Last edited by Vanger Chevane; 2 October 2017 at 05:41 PM.
    First Law of GMing: Semper Gumby
    Show me someone who has never said "It's good to be Evil", I'll show you someone who's never GM'd.

Wisdom is a lot like the Blues. You have to suffer to get it right.

Thread Information