Thread: Why ever use bacta when med packs are so good?

Veteran Player

Default Why ever use bacta when med packs are so good?

Ok.. used the search function and didn't see any threads on this subject here.

Why would a group of PC's ever opt to use Bacta tanks which take hours to days to heal you, cost 10k/ton for the bacta and needs a person with an advanced skill, or a pricy droid to operate the bacta tank itself, when med packs heal you just as good (by the rules as wrote), take only a full round to use and are easier to acquire?
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

D6 Forever!

I think it's all based on prevalence of the two. Medpacks might be useful, but they're only issued under particular circumstance. Bacta tanks are used in more stable "hospital type" areas and are not single use items. They work for many injuries, not just the topical injuries.

In terms of a PC affording them and using them....it's better to have a medpac. In the "universal scope" of Star Wars, much better to have the bacta tank.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Veteran Player

So bacta - npcs
    med packs - pcs.
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    cost 10k/ton for the bacta
    I apologise for the bump but I am doing some research for the party's bacta tank. Where does it state Bacta is 10,000 credits per metric ton?

I also am trying to find out the cost of maintenance for a bacta tank be it listed somewhere in a WEG sourcebook or a GMs homebrew solution. Any help would be appreciated.
    Frank V Bonura - STAR WARS Deckplans Alliance Founder

Veteran Player

IIRC in one of the GG's.. Don't ask for which one right now, as i don't remember..

Thread Information