Thread: The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers beware)

Default The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers beware)

Well, we’re three (of seven, IIRC) episodes in.
    What do you think so far?

I'm liking it. Writing this after seeing up to episode 4. Trying to avoid spoilers, kinda disappointed in what happened to the Tuskens, but overall good. Also had to look this up but liking the incorporation of Mod culture into the one swoop gang. Overall, just feels like Star Wars to me.
    Malkarris from Mattimeo by Brian Jaques
    42, the answer
    I won’t fight you Atton.
    I don’t care, I just want you to die.
    (Disciple and Atton KOTOR2)

I’ve enjoyed every episode but for episode 4.

I’ve seen 1~5 so far…
    [hidden]
    I liked the Tuskan Raider tribe and, continuing from The Mandalorian, the exploration of their culture that we’re getting these days. Not simple savages anymore. Which made it rather disappointing when they were wiped out so quickly. If some had been killed off and others made it away that would have been good. The kid, for example, so Boba can meet him again later.

I loved the sand beast in Ep.1! Very Harryhausen!

The Episode where they took back the Slave I and investigated the Sarlacc was excellent.

I didn’t like the biker gang. I found them too clean for Tatooine. If they were the kids of rich nobles then I could swallow it but I thought they’re supposed to be just street gangers. Too clean. When they fought the Wook’ I wanted one to lose an arm, and get a droid arm bolted on. That would’ve been great.
    And the speeder chase was so pitifully slow! I’m not keen on Rodriquez’s episodes, overall.

Episode 5 - well, it was a Mando series 3 prequel - but I loved it. I’ve always liked the N1 so was soooo happy to see one come back. And we pretty much got a lap of the pod race into the bargain
    I hope Bryce Dallas Howard gets more episodes, or a full show…movie…nay trilogy!

I hope we’ll see some other well known bounty hunters show up and get fleshed out. Dengar, Zuckus, 4LOM, etc.

I do like the direction the series is taking and I want to see Boba shootin’![/hidden]

D6 Forever!

To tell you the honest truth, I'm not really interested in the Book of Boba Fett. I would have preferred he stayed "dead", stuck in the Sarlacc for a thousand years as he is slowly digested. Star Wars seems to have a problem with keeping people dead. If they had any sort of fan following, they'll figure out how to bring them back.

I occasionally catch some Youtube reviews of the show, and generally speaking I've heard the best episodes of the Book of Boba Fett were the episodes where Boba Fett basically wasn't in the episode. That tells a lot as to the state of the writing and the direction of the show.

I did catch Episode 5 of the Book of Boba Fett, because I heard it was essentially a needed episode for the Mandalorian. Glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't know how he got his new ship or why he was doing the things he will likely be doing in his show. I feel they seem more free to do what they want with the Mandalorian because he's a new character of their own making, not some established character.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
    To tell you the honest truth, I'm not really interested in the Book of Boba Fett. I would have preferred he stayed "dead", stuck in the Sarlacc for a thousand years as he is slowly digested. Star Wars seems to have a problem with keeping people dead. If they had any sort of fan following, they'll figure out how to bring them back.

I occasionally catch some Youtube reviews of the show, and generally speaking I've heard the best episodes of the Book of Boba Fett were the episodes where Boba Fett basically wasn't in the episode. That tells a lot as to the state of the writing and the direction of the show.

I did catch Episode 5 of the Book of Boba Fett, because I heard it was essentially a needed episode for the Mandalorian. Glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't know how he got his new ship or why he was doing the things he will likely be doing in his show. I feel they seem more free to do what they want with the Mandalorian because he's a new character of their own making, not some established character.
    I liked seeing Fett's return in The Mandalorian, but having his own show hasn't been great. Nothing against Temuera Morrison, mind you: I think the story/writing has just been subpar. I had to force myself to watch the first two episodes, I watched a bit when Mando showed up, and I sat through the finale...and said finale was, to me, a mess. Action for the sake of action, most of it, that just...didn't click with me.

Though I will admit I kinda giggled at watching the Rancor rampage around. Best part of the finale, really.

Thread Information