Thread: MarsCon or Bust!

Former Webmaster

Default MarsCon or Bust!

This isn't strictly HoloNet related - but I'm the admin, so I can post it here if I want. :-)

I'll be at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA, all day tomorrow (Saturday, 1/12). If you're reading this and you'd like to meet up with me, I'll be wandering around wearing a nametag that says "Armage" and a shirt that says "Moisture Farm Co-op". I'd love to talk with you.
    - Grayson "Armage" Shepard
    The STATS Man & Private Citizen
    Have you checked the FAQ?

Former Webmaster

Hey all - I'm back from MarsCon. I had a great time. For those who don't know, MarsCon is a fairly small con (~200-300 people) in Williamsburg, VA. It was very relaxing - I played a game of QuickFire, a neat minatures tactical combat game, and I watched a few Living Force games. And I picked up some more RPG books, of course :-)

I also had the fortune to meet Peter Schweighofer, who was the editor for WEG's Adventure Journal (among other things) - and also a current writer for Gamer. He was very nice, and we talked about various things since the demise of WEG. He's been working on MetaBarons, which has a moderately-rewritten D6 rules system, so if you're interested, go check it out.

Just to show you that I *did* meet the man, here's a picture, complete with hat...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired Supreme Moff

It's a shame you didn't get into the picture, Armage, then we could all have seen what our fabled leader looks like...
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.

Plato, Dialogues, Theatetus

Just to show you that I *did* meet the man, here's a picture, complete with hat...
    I must say that I am a bit jealous. Did he have anything cool to say?
    "Someday I will become the most powerful Jedi ever." ~ Anakin Skywalker

Cool Pic...

Hey, that pic is cool! I can recognize some RPG sourcebooks in the shelf he is standing behind...

...Tales of the Jedi Companion, Movie Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition, Jedi Academy Sourcebook, Planets Collection and the Core Rules 2nd Edition.

Did he want to sell them?

Former Webmaster

Well, we chatted a bit about his work with WEG, both on SW and now on MetaBarons, some about his experiences on the 'Net, and about his writing for WotC. Nothing really special - but the simple fact of meeting him was pretty neat.

And yes, Deck, they were all for sale. He had about 5-6 copies of Pirates and Privateers and a few other semi-rare items (like Otherspace). I just picked up SotE SB from him, as I had just about everything else.

Default P&P

6 copies of Pirates & Privateers!?! Woohoo! What did they cost? You could have bought them and then having sold them again for the doubled price!

Thread Information