Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: but what about naboo?

Skilled Player

Question but what about naboo?

i have a game-related question that i have yet to find an answer for on any of the numerous sites that i have been scouring as of recently.

the first is expressed in the subject line..what becomes of Naboo in the rebellion era (the setting that my game takes place in). i would think that the admittedly obscure planet would slip back into obscurity by the time the Empire rears its ugly (or misunderstood) head. though i cannot be for certain on this matter i would like to hear other opinions.

also is there any source that would make for an interesting plot twist as a 'filler scenario' for some of my regular gaming group, as two members have gone off on holiday leaving me with three of five ravenous gamers eager to play.

hrm nothing more i can think of, but certainly more to come at a later date. thanks in advance, blitz
    Nothing is near as fun as evil and mayhem, except maybe evil and mayhem with a twist of lime and a refreshing splash of lemon...

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

I would have to say that Naboo slips away into the backgroud during the Rebellion Era. I am GMing a Rebellion Era game currently and I have yet to mention Naboo. Although that may change, but some of my PCs believe it is desroyed by the Empire in the coming films. I personally don't know what happens. However, I have read every NJO novel thus far and the galactic map shows that Naboo is on the star chart. I imagine it will be written in once GL gives the okay or clarifies that Naboo is still around.
    We will have to wait and see what happens in the next two films to know for sure. But that is my best educated guess as to what happens to the planet. I doubt it is desroyed, for that would certainly make headlines and it would bring up questions of another superweapon before the Death Star.

Hope that helps.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

The Last to wield the Heron Marked Blade of Alderaan

I think Naboo is still around because its going to be one of the worlds in Star Wars Galaxies which is set during the Rebelion Era. The game is approved by Lucas I think, which would mean that Naboo certainly was not destroyed. Or I could be horribly wrong
    "My Father?"
    Corellia's most notorious smuggler nodded. "He was on my trail once. Had to make an appointment to the Imperial Naval Academy to escape him."
    Exceprt from I, Jedi

Well, I'm sure that Naboo isn't destroyed, as no one was aware of the power of the Death Star until Alderaan was blown away. One of my theories is thatNaboo will have a special place in the Empire as it is Palpatine's homeworld (as far as I know), and the place where his rise to power begun.

The planet may have become a mining colony during the Rebellion era, since it looks like the natives have not mined extensively for resources. Alternatively, there may not have been resources to mine, so the planet was ignored. Looking at the glaxy map, it doesn't appear to be situated near the major trade routes, so a military presence would probably be minimal as well.

Admiral & Ambassador Order of the Spork

I'm inclined to agree that Naboo is still around during the Rebellion because it's Palpatine's homeworld. We don't know the offical status (meaning inhabitable, mined to destruction, etc.) of it however.

IMO, until something offical comes out there's no reason you can't make up your own stories surrounding Naboo. If it turns out later that your guess was wrong, consider it an interesting twist in your version of the SW Universe. We have more than a few of those in our game.
    "May the Light guide your path."
    Admiral Iris Nighthawk, Ambassador for the Order of the Spork
    Katran and Jedi Knight
    Co-Owner/Operator - Bittz and Pieces; Starship Repair and Modifications
    First Officer, Freighter BP-1

If you are interested in joining the Order of the Spork, please see our Out of Character thread.

"Uh! So what’s on our training schedule for today? Lightsabers?" (Pheobe to Cole in Enter the Demon Episode 4.04 of Charmed)

I'd avoid mentioning Naboo and going with a Naboo Like world.. perhaps a world settled by the Gungans and the Naboo following the events in TPM?

Dark Jedi

Mining what is the question? I know there are natural resources, but with a water core??? As far as I have heard, Naboo just becomes one of those lost planets during the Rebellion. From certain history reports, the Gungans are killed off during the clone wars, perhaps the planet became uninhabitable and the rest of the Naboo left.
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

--FlipDog 2000

where'd you hear about the Gungans? just an anti- Jar Jar inspired rumor or one from a reliable source?

Nerf Warrior Extraordinaire

A few details from what's going on in the Galaxies game, it's the closest thing we have to hard information at this point.

1) Naboo is in the game. Therefore, it isn't destroyed.

2) Theed is there in all its glory. So, Theed hasn't been destroyed either.

3) From what the developers tell us, there are a variety of races in Theed, so something must have happened after TPM to diversify things.

4) There are stormtroopers in Theed. Apparently, the Empire has taken some interest in the planet.

Of course, Galaxies is just a computer game, but it has been approved.

i think naboo is a fake.... made up by the empire to glorify the past of darth vader...

Save Ferris!

Default My thoughts on Naboo

I am inclined to agree with those who say that it would probably hold some special place for palpatine since he was from there. I was thinking of having my PC's go there, only to find that it is some secret imperial stronghold full of freaky experiments and stuff like that. It was mentioned that naboo wouldn't be a military target since it is so far off the beaten path, and I agree with this as well. I was thinking it would be a cool place to stick something like the hand of thrawn (except it would be palpatines). Of course, in MY campaign the gungans would all be DEAD.

nah just all have the gungans going to s peach therapest to remove their speach impediment

Skilled Player

I just finished an adventure that saw my players on Naboo during the early days of the Rebellion. In my adventure Naboo had been the location of the Jedi council after the Emperor took over Coruscant. But once the players got there they found it to be a charred miserable world that had been blockaded and then invaded by an Imperial battlegroup. The Naboo navy, (which I played as being highly upgraded in the 30 years since Phantom Menace) was holding the Imperial Blockade in a stalemate, causing great problems with the fighters on the ground who could not receive supplies or reinforcements.
    It is a pretty dismal future for the beautiful world seen in Phantom Menace, but war is hell afterall.
    "Every day for 10 years I have thought of her, and now she hardly even notices me!"
    ~Anakin Skywalker

'That's b/c you were 8 years old you obnoxious little dork!!!"
    ~Darkvet

Dark Jedi

WAIT: Where are stormtroopers in Theed???

And, I came up with an interesting idea...what if it got pulled to the Corellia system??? Huh???huh???
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

--FlipDog 2000

Experienced Player

Exclamation

Why would Palpatine attack Naboo? He was a senator repersenating Naboo, wasn't he? So, I think that Naboo became a secret Imperial stronghold, like Wayland. The Emperor made Naboo his second captital. He storde sick expirements their, started sick expirements, and secret weapons (like a cloning machine, cloaking device, maybe plans to the Galaxy Gun or maybe a third Superlaser for a third Death Star!!!)

Thread Information