Thread: Star Wars Language Mix Up?

Experienced Player

Question Star Wars Language Mix Up?

If the Star Wars Basic language is not written like English, then why are all the wing fighters named after letters (ie X-Wing).

itty bitty living space!

Since the language used in Star Wars is presumably not English, one can probably safely assume it's a translation from the original (Esper, isn't it?)

Aside from the very practical answer that "Get to your §♠♣♥♦≈∂∀φω!" doesn't work very well in the movies, or in books.

New Player

Lightbulb

the only answer to that could be: it's just a movie. If they put it in the language it should be in half the movies would be in another language
    Live well
    Laugh lots
    Love often

ISD Rampage

WHAT says that basic (which is a mix up of most common known/most used languages) doesnt contain a character X ? (even thou it would be drawn otherwise to what we're used to )

hint/tip: look at the end of WEG's Alien Encounters whre you got the aurebesh map (it should be on the net to somewhere).

ONE THING thou that ive been missing is the numerics. wich (what i think) just consists of vertical lines and dots
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

The people of the SW universe use several methods of writing - Arabic letters like we do, Aurebesh...

BTW, I believe that Aurebesh numerals are the same as Arabic ones, evidenced by the fact that Aurebesh writing and Arabic numerqaols appear on the same computer screens at the same time in RotJ.
    "People say that we kick at the ties that bind because it's just a part of growing up.

I don't think that's why we kick at all.

I think we kick because we realize that our parents don't know much more about the world than we do - that they've been lying to us all along. That there is no Santa Claus."

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

I checked the aurebesh and the X or xesh is the shape of a triangle.

However, it's just a little thing. If you bring up a point like this than you have to question a lot more things and by the time you are done it is no longer enjoyable to watch a movie.

This is what is called: suspension of disbelief.
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

ISD Rampage

Originally posted by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
    The people of the SW universe use several methods of writing - Arabic letters like we do, Aurebesh...

BTW, I believe that Aurebesh numerals are the same as Arabic ones, evidenced by the fact that Aurebesh writing and Arabic numerqaols appear on the same computer screens at the same time in RotJ.
    if you look at the numerals, in the stormtrooper helmets, or the sheet for ship registration, the numbers (for the transponder curve, distance etc.) IS only vertical lines and dots.
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

Thread Information