Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest thing a character in your campaign has ever done(GM and player)

Experienced Player

Default What is the stupidest thing a character in your campaign has ever done(GM and player)

There was an infinities campaign in which this jedi was shifting through time. well he ended up in the Emperor's clutchs. while he was there he was being treated rather well but the pompus novice jedi insisted on being stupid and kept being insulant to the Emperor. He even went as far as to say " I know your emire won't endure i am from the furture and i saw the empire fall" Big mistake. The Emperor intrigued used his powers and riffled through his head. The Emperor seeing the deatsh stars destruction comming at Yavin called it back, insted he sent a large fleet of ships that cut off the Rebels and whipped out thier base. thus luke never got to blow up the death star and it's weakness was never exploited. The Empror was thus able to smite the rebelion before it got off the ground.

Pretty stupid of this guy huh?

Korath do you know what time it is? time to bust a cap in your buttocks
    "The Light Side has no hold over me. Hold to the dark side and it will guide you."- Mathis Kharr, Dark Jedi warmaster and Korath's untouchable Pimp.

Perverted form of Koraths comment
    "The Dark Side has no hold over me. Hold to the Light and it will guide you."- Korath Lorren, Jedi Knight. <---- What a Joke.

I am Evil.. Ye I am.... I am Evil... I am Man ...Yes I am

Time-displaced Jedi and retainer of the Seven Jedi Holocrons.
    If there is a bright center of the universe, I'm on the planet that is farthest from it.

Default Actually..............

the stupidest thing seems to be the most dangerous.

I speak of my Rodian Scoundrel, Jaek Lohgan, who insulted a Trandoshian bouncer and his cronies or started a bar fight with a 600# cyborg. Your choice.
    Be like water.
    Let no form be your form.
    Let no limitation be your limitation. - Bruce Lee

ISD Rampage

blowing up a cmap with thermals and nerve gas, killing everyone in it. and the one that they where sent to gather information from. heh
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

My players destroyed a slavers base, did it realy will they got away in a very nice ship that belonged to the slavers. To cut a long story very short they got in trouble with the law. They were asked why the ship they were flying was not registered in their name and was it stolen. To witch one PC answered "its not stolen from just anybody we killed some slavers on akerdon 3 and saved some people". The prompt reply from the officer " oh so we can add murder to your list of crimes as will"

Same player later placed a thermal detinator on to dead mans switch (built especialy for negotiation purposes) after her foe had ran away she threw it down the passage after him, without placing it onto the timer setting. That character never provided comical plot twist again.
    Lets play a little game shall we. How about Huttian roulet? you go first!

Webmaster: SWRPGNetwork Conversions

It was nothing *I* did, but I had the pleasure to watch this unfold in my game once. I had a player go through 16 characters in the space of 14 weeks.

Let see - some notable deaths:

Stuck his face into an Alien Facehugger egg to get a better look at what was in side - even though they KNEW full well what these things were.

Insisted on opening an airlock that was exposed to space - despite the fact that I told him about 4 times that there were all kinds of red warning lights and safty locks. "Well, red is the color of good luck to my people and if they have the door locked THIS tight, then there must be something good on the other side!" At that point, I just let him blow hinmself out into space.

Tried to rape my Jedi NPC, who was a good friend to a wookiee. The Wook ripped out his spine and beat him to death with the bloody end.

Was sneaking into a Slaver base disguised as one of the crew. When the cargo of Wookiees got out and started rampaging through the base, in order not to blow his cover (despite nobody being around that would survive to blow his cover for him) he decided to attack 3 wookiees. I believe that there wasnt enough left to sponge up after that.

And my personal favorite: the party had found an ancient artifact of unspeakable power that was preventing them from leaving the space station - and if left alone would form the beach head for an invasion from another galaxy.Sneaking off with a box of Thermal Detonators stolen from the stations armory, he proceeded to where the Artifact of Unspeakable Power was. He arranged the ENTIRE box of 25 or so detonators to blow up in one massive expolsion. Setting the timer for 20 seconds or so, he ran outside the room and hid behind the blast door just outside.

Ok - lets overlook the Unholy Artifact of Power for the moment. 25 heavy duty Thermal Detonators would be enough to level a medium sized office building. Now - add in the Artifact into the mix. The top 50 levels of the station were instantly reduced to molicules. The next 20 or so levels were only mangled beyond all recongition. From there on in, you start to get to the barely alive and the dieing survivors.

"But, but - I was hiding behind a blast door!" the player stammered.

"Fine," I said as I reached down and removed 10 dice from the huge pile of damage dice I was about to roll. "You only take NINETY dice of damage instead of 100. Care to use a Force Point for your STR?"
    -Tony
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Come look at at my new obsession
    ----> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyjcase/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ISD Rampage

you make it sound that wookies are dangerous, well they are, depending on how you look at it. but still, there are 2350803503 other races thats more dangerous
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

Demiurge of the Darkness, Moderator: Okina-rdae Technologies

There was a character in one of my games who had a terrible facination with Thermal Detonators. Constantly carried at least 2 dozen, worked really well in combat until he failed a Climb check. Fell down and went boom! (To say the least) But that wasn't the worst of it, they were attempting to take control over a Nebulon-B and were climbing one of the lifts in the sail, the explosion punctured the hull and half the party was sucked out into hyperspace. . Still didn't learn after that mission.

Same person could of missions later (who was now completely paranoid and never left the shuttle through an entire mission). Team was inside an Imperial Garrision attempting to capture an Imperial Intel Operative. They captured him, called in an extraction. He's like ok, and flys the shuttle to go pick them up. Get's close to where they were, and was asked to make 8 dodge rolls. (Completely forgot that they were at an Imperial Garrison, and those have many batteries, oh well). Actually made it through 6 of the rolls.
    When I grow up. I want to be a Balrog

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

One of my PCs learned not to take your emotions out on creatures. Especially banthas. He was frustrated with the way things were going for the group on one of their missions and kicked some dirt on the bantha. He then proceeded to taunt the poor creature and mock it. Of course the creature had no clue why the three-eyed Gran was making funny faces at it, so it moved a bit closer. The PC then kicked the beast and all hell broke loose. The next thing you know, the bantha charges the PC and all he can do is grab on to its sadde as he hung underneath it while the bantha ran at full speed off into the wilderness.
    Skree: "Where's he going?"
    Endowin: "Guess he wants to be alone or a while?"
    Gran PC: "Help!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Skree: "Ow!, should have tried riding the bantha on its back rather than its belly."
    Endowin: "Thirsty?"
    Skree: "Yeah."
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

itty bitty living space!

Exclamation Stupidest moment...ever

I have a player who can't leave well enough alone and is fond of firing at the "bad guy" when two Jedi are dueling. She's trying to help, but, well, that's just kind of un-Star Wars. Can you imagine Han Solo taking pot shots at Vader while Luke is battling him?

Anyway, she did this once, and the dark Jedi got a hold of her and nearly ran her through in rage. She got out of that one, but during an entirely different game, she was nearby when the Dark Jedi and another Jedi were dueling -- and took pot shots at him AGAIN! This time she critically missed, I had her roll to accidentally hit her friend, as per the rules -- she did. Rolled almost max damage, and took the Jedi out. Bad news all around.

It was an unfortunate occurrence, but hopefully she'll refrain from that sort of thing in the future!

First runner-up is a player who likes thermal detonators, too -- bounced a few too many around in an enclosed space, and nearly got himself killed.

experienced groundpounder

I had one character on a special forces raid throw a thermal detonator into a courtyard full of Stormtroopers, after he knocked on the door. The door in question was the gate to a castle, and the objective of the mission was inside the castle. Talk about blowing the groups cover.

Of course the same character later on tried to hack off an AT-AT's footpad with a lightsaber, while he was holding onto the leg.
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

I also had a guy get in a fight, during a game I didn't gamemaster, with a quickdrawing gunslinger. The fight occured after a particular mission and we were splitting the "loot" we were given for successfully completing the mission. The guy got greedy and wanted more. He got shot twice before he even pulled his pistol.
    He then asked for the medic to help him since the gunslinger put his guns away. My character was the medic, who was busy with "vacation plans".
    Through darkness we travel, searching for the vibrant silence of light ahead. Though death may take us here, we push on until the evil in this land is vanquished.

Experienced Player

my brothers very annoying when we play....
    2 many stupid things to list....
    l"ike i decide to jump off this cliff"
    or he trys to hold himself hostage in order for control of the galaxy....
    or he tries to assinate dead ppl
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. -Friedrich Nietzsche

Veteran Player

Originally posted by gmjabreson
    I had one character on a special forces raid throw a thermal detonator into a courtyard full of Stormtroopers, after he knocked on the door. The door in question was the gate to a castle, and the objective of the mission was inside the castle. Talk about blowing the groups cover.

Of course the same character later on tried to hack off an AT-AT's footpad with a lightsaber, while he was holding onto the leg.
    Being the blast radius of the TD is more than it can be thrown, how did he avoid the blast himself?
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

he ducked to cover behind the door frame.

Veteran Player

Ok, so that would have given him a few dice more of cover protection... but still....
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Thread Information