Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question about Super Star Destroyers (this has nothing to due with their length)

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

Default A Question about Super Star Destroyers (this has nothing to due with their length)

How many Super Star Destroyers where made and what were they named?

This is what I know

As of Endor
    Executor
    ????? renamed Iron Fist by Zinj
    Lusankya (still under Coruscant)

Later
    Night Hammer renamed Knight Hammer by Daala
    Pride of Yevetha or Intimidator
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

Skilled Player

there was the executor which was destroyed...
    the Lusankya which is used by the new republic (it's mentioned in the new NJO book rebel dream ..hopefully thats not a major spoiler)
    the Knight Hammer
    and i could swear the Vengeance from the jedi Knight game was a modified SSD.
    Last edited by Jedi Master Antilles; 28 March 2002 at 08:06 PM.
    The Force is what gives a Jedi his power.but it does not solve his problems,nor should it have to.that is what the brain is for.

"For the last time Ramius, quit playing the Imperial March everytime i walk in the room. i'm not a darksider!"

any RPer's in the Niagara Falls, Buffalo area? email me.

Minister of Applied Friction

Are you asking about the 8km or 16km SSD?

Just kidding.

I think you pretty much covered them all. If there are any more SSDs out there, they haven't been mentioned yet as far as I know.
    If I could sum up my life in one sentence, I think that sentence would be: He was born, he lived, and then he kept on living, much longer than anyone had ever lived before, growing richer and richer and glowing with a bright, white light.

I found that the Iron Fist's original name was The Brawl. But I can't help remembering something that the Empire originally commissioned 4(Executor, The Brawl, The Pride of Yevetha, and one other) with the others being constructed either in secret (Lusankya) or by a faction long after the Emperor's death (Knight Hammer).

As for the thought that the mentioning of the Lusankya being a spoiler the captain is listed as being in command of that ship in the Dramatis Personae that all NJO series books seem to have.
    Last edited by Frobi-Wan Kenobi; 28 March 2002 at 08:53 PM.
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

Dark Jedi

The Vengeance was just a normal ISD and was part of Vader's Death Squadron. It was one of the few that had some of its cargo space modified to extra TIE hangar bays.
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

--FlipDog 2000

just remember "there are a lot of command ships"

Experienced Player

There was also the Razor Kiss (Zsinji tried to capture it, but was foiled by none other than, Han Solo and Wedge )

Webmaster: Servais Sector, Reviewed Sites / Link Archive, SWAG

I do believe that the following link from the Star Wars Technical Commentaries might be of some use. Enjoy!

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html#list
    Chris Curtis / ICQ: 3114497 / AIM: oldarmygary
    Star Wars Artists' Guild, Servais Sector, Chris Curtis dot Org

Skilled Player
    In the outer rim defending the empire from Rebel scum

Talking Thank you very much

Chris I've been looking for a reference like this for some time. there is a dispute among my gamers on how many SSD's there were, some say as little as 5, some say as many as twenty. Now, I have the skinny on the real number documented. thanks.

Webmaster: Servais Sector, Reviewed Sites / Link Archive, SWAG

No problem, Soontide. I won't promise that it's a complete list since I simply don't know for sure. However, seeing as how each of the entries in the list has a documented source, it can definitely be used as the lower end for how many there might be.

So, we know there were at least 12 SSDs. Luckily, that means that we're perfectly free to introduce more of them in our own gaming universes if we so desire. Personally, I'm of the mindset that SSDs are simply too big to be using in a game, but the opportunity is there nonetheless.
    Chris Curtis / ICQ: 3114497 / AIM: oldarmygary
    Star Wars Artists' Guild, Servais Sector, Chris Curtis dot Org

Weapon Master of the New Jedi Order

Default NEW SSDs

I in my campaign am actually running in the NJO era but this caught my interest. I had the Remnant building them inside really bis asteroids and attacking vong with them it was pretty cool till the Republic PCs stole one then not so fun (a slew of awesome Die rolls by their Jedi with Affect Mind and really bad ones by me.)
    Master Vectim Thorin
    Jedi Weapon Master
    Smashball Allstar

"Then you have learned the way of the Weapon Master, through physical exertion comes understanding, from exertion comes sweat and blood, and from sweat and blood comes an absence of thought that brings enlightenment.” Master Thorin's Philosophy

Experienced Player

The Darkside edition of Gamer also listed one called the Singularity. It is run by a Dark Side Prophet known as Blackhole. He ran the imperial intelligence division. Apparently the ship and her entire compliment of TIEs and AT-ATs are cloaked with Stygian Crystals. The Stormtroopers are clad in black. According to the Gamer, the Singularity avoids direct confrontation, preferring stealth above all else.
    We never spoke. I was never here.

Veteran Player

Was there not one also, in either crakens rebel operatives or something like that. Damaged, and alone. There was also a pre made (possible) game to play around it where teh players discover it....
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Experienced Player

I know there was one a super star destroyer in one of WEGs Adventure Journals, I can't remember of the top of my head its name.

Also in either the first or second X-wing novel there is a Super Strar Destroyer that is unnamed (I think) by General Dericote.
    Tem_Starrunner

Originally posted by Otonashi
    The Darkside edition of Gamer also listed one called the Singularity. It is run by a Dark Side Prophet known as Blackhole.
    That is the Singularity; however, it is not a Super Star Destroyer. The stats on page 46 of SWG #5 list it as a Imperial I Class Star Destroyer. But everything else you said is correct.

In Cracken's Threat Dossier there is the Pride of Yevetha and the Iron Fist but neither was alone so I don't know.

In the X-Wing books their was the Lusankya, commanded by Isard in the first 4 books, and the Iron Fist, commanded by Zinij in the Wraith Books. I don't remember Derricote being in command of one.

Thread Information