Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Origin of those Funky Usernames...

Skilled Player

calamarisoldier

a mon calamari soldier fighting against emperial tyranny. If you want to know more, I;m posting his story in the roleplaying section.
    the best CarmirAxen (aka Calamarisoldier) quotes:
    "Huh, they do vomit blood after you shoot them there!"
    (At Imperial checkpoint) <cough> facist <cough>
    We have to get off this ******* rock.
    (while hiding from imperials) What, you think the rebelion will ever come to yavin four?
    I know some one dies every time I say this but, trust me.

Skilled Player

naboo_princess? I took it from my email-naboo_princess_arani@hotmail.com

I hate using numbers, so I had to come up with an original sounding name...(I took arani from the second edition rulebook with names for humans)

Not entirely too original.
    Tarynn Gray of the Hapes Consortium

Take away a woman's beauty, you take away her power-Tarynn Gray

Student of the Force

Cool! Did that second ed rulebook have a name list, or didja just loot the name from the text? (and is that d6 2nd ed, or d20?)

Oh, and welcome! glad you found the place!

(and welcome to you too, fellow canuck calamari soldier, in case i haven't already done so)

Skilled Player

Its d20 2nd edition, revised after ep II. Its under species chapter, example names for humans. I always use the name arani for characters. I've actually never heard of the d6 edition. And thanks for the welcome.
    Tarynn Gray of the Hapes Consortium

Take away a woman's beauty, you take away her power-Tarynn Gray

Character Portrait Artist

Man, I can't believe I've never chimed in on this!

Well, for those of you who don't know, a Jedi Shadow is a specialty among the order, much like the Jedi Sentinel or Investigator. They were an elite group charged with rooting out and eliminating threats from the dark side.

Also, I got the nickname of Shadow in high school after "shadowing" Ubiqtorate (and others) wherever they went on several occasions, keeping them "out of the dark side" as it were.
    Last edited by Jedi_Shadow; 9 October 2007 at 07:38 AM.
    Modesty is like Dark Side Points. Everyone has their own opinion on where to draw the line.

Player/author/illustrator for Tam Dawncaller in Star Wars: Tapestry

Say No to Comic-Book Deaths

Unfortunately I was the only one who really took Shadow's advice... or maybe that's fortunately. Never mind.

Galactic Relic

My handle is a spin on my real middle name, Neal. I have used this handle and no other in the swrpg community since I first came on well over ten years ago.
    :: Nealos
    :: [random swrpg vagrant]

No, bring me the hydrospanner! Dro Koon of Dorin's Avatar

He-hey, might as well take a turn at this.

Mine comes, perhaps as expected, from the name of my first character ever, a Kel Dor Jedi. He was one of Plo Koon's ancestors, a couple thousand years back. He's returned several times over my gaming career, and in his latest incarnation he had risen to the rank of Master and was quite an expert in Makashi. So I guess he's been one of my favorite guys over the years...so I decided to pay him lasting homage in my handle here. Thought about going with something more general, like Hydrospanner or Ashla, but went with Dro Koon instead. It's served me well, I suppose.

Light Side Forever!

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." ---Yoda

"Alea Iacta Est." ---Julius Caesar

Experienced Player

I guess I'll disturb the dust on this thread with my story.

Ice Hawk was the callsign for Cannon Weathers, Grand Master of the Imperal Knights in an old and mostly unheard game called Star Siege. (It was a sequel to Earthsiege 1&2 and the predacessor to Tribes). It was kind of like Mech Warrior, and it had some very deep characters and an intricate backstory, and I was enthralled with it as a kid. I borrow alot of tid-bits from it, like my sig for example.

My very first, and most sucessful rping character was named Ice Hawk, becuase I wanted him to be like Cannon, cold and professional, and it's been my screen name for quite some time as well.
    Last edited by Ice Hawk; 30 July 2008 at 08:30 PM.
    My soul, which I was never sure existed, is lost to me forever for I can feel its absence. Yet now I am immortal and it was not so great a price to pay.
    S. P. Petresun

rgrthatjayhawk:
    roger that jayhawk

I am a student at KU, and the rgrthat is an inside joke between my dad and I.

Experienced Player

Mine comes from the middle syllable of my first name. I've used it on pretty much every forum I'm a member of, with a few variations: either Jame J or Jame Rowe. Jame J is just the first letter tacked on at the end, while Jame Rowe is my original username combined with "Rowe" from Bek Rowe in Ilse Witch by Terry Brooks.
    Wookiee is spelled like cookie except it has a "w" and an extra "e."

Experienced Player

Jett Darkstar is the name of my first d20 SW character. I played him in my late friend's Pirates & Privateers game when our group first converted over to d20 from d6. Mark was my very first DM/GM & got me started roleplaying when I met him in college. Sadly, my friend passed away of a heart attack about 4 years ago.

Jett's a former Imperial TIE pilot turned Rebel privateer from Brentaal IV. He's a medium-height, medium-built human with black hair & violet eyes. He's your stereotypical irredeemable fighter jock with a great love for three things: dogfights, music, & women. He has a habit of playing music over the comm while in battle (a la Doug Masters from Iron Eagle; he used his slicer skills to splice the wireless headphones of his leg-mounted minidisc player into his helmet so he can do so).

His current starfighter (his "baby") is a TIE/ad Avenger that the crew acquired from an Imperial convoy. They turned the rest of the squadron over to the Alliance for study, but Jett insisted on keeping one for his personal use (since his TIE Interceptor had been shot out from under him).

He dubbed his new TIE/ad with the moniker Outlaw Star & has given it a pearlescent paint job with horizontal purple stripes on the solar arrays (in the style of the 181st's red stripes).
    "Certain things are a matter of destiny, and certain things are a matter of choice."--Jedi Master Thon of Ambria

"To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself."-- Quote from my Sith War TPB back cover.

My dream in a future OT Special Edition: seeing TIE Advanced and TIE Defenders at the Battle of Endor.

Bobmalo is actually from a movie called 'Big Man on Campus' it is a modern day take on the Hunchback. In the movie his name was 'Bob Malooga-looga-looga-looga-Looga' So I shortened it and made it bobmalo.

Keith
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Oh... what the Hell...
    Back when I first left high school my first job was in a pizzaria. Everywhere I went, everyone was like, "Hey, you're the pizza lord!" (this was before any Dresden Files nonsense.)
    It's typically Pizza Lord everywhere else but when I decided to join the Holonet I thought it deserved a little 'thematic' alteration.

Good Lord.... I'm still making pizzas... They are really, really good though.
    "That's life. Or not, in your case."

Thread Information