Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt's Episod 3 Speculations (Since its just my speculation, no real spoilers here)

The Great Matt Richard

Talking Matt's Episod 3 Speculations (Since its just my speculation, no real spoilers here)

Well, Im sure everyone has their own idea of what Ep 3 has in store for us, but after seeing Ep 2, my friends and i worked this Ep 3 scenario.

Another big battle involving Jedi and Clones. Only this time, its Jedi vs. Clones. Many are dead (on both sides), and the Jedi that remain take the hint and run away. The clones that survived are killed off as soon as Palpatine becomes Emperor, he favors a human army to replace and BAM weve got stormtroopers.

Amidala and Ani have twins, but Ani is off to Jedi duties, so he never even knows that Amidala was pregnant in the first place. Somehow, Amidala dies, Ani comes back, and becomes as mad as when Shmi died, and goes on another Dark Side killing spree, bringing him closer to the dark side of the force. Dooku is killed, and Sidious looks to Ani for an apprentice, enticing him with the possibilities. Meanwhile, Obi hids the kids, in fear of what Anikan might do (he is a very spontaneous person), and decides to separate them.

Ani eventually turns to the dark side, the Death Star is constructed, the Rebellion is born, and the Emperor, goes on his own purge, killing any remaining Jedi and opposers of his New Order.

Thats how I see it yep. I think we might even see Ani and Mace square off (only its now Darth Vader and Mace), which is how he dies.
    Dark Lords of the Sith Webmaster
    Click here!
    Email: thebassboy85@yahoo.com

Ill take your speculation and up you one.

I think There will be another big battle and the Jedi will lose many as well. But Palpy will point out the weakness in the Jedi turning the people on them forcing them to go into hiding.

Amidala will have twins but keeps it a secret as she senses Anakin becoming different person. Dooku is the one that kills amidala sending Anakin into rage killing Doku "completeing" his going to the darkside.

Anikan knows he has a son (force or whatever) so Obi won splits them up giving one to Ben, knowing Anakin would have too much pain heading back there, and one to Organa.

As Darth Vader he feels any Jedi not willing to go with the republic as weak minded and goes out to prove himself the best by killing as many as possible.

Oh one last thing i want a dam sex scene I mean they HAVE to DO IT sometime right?
    Ends don't justify the means.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    --John Stuart Mill

The Great Matt Richard

Those are good points that i didnt think of before. Although i dont think a sex scene would be appropriate for star wars.
    Click here!

Default Re: Matt's Episod 3 Speculations (Since its just my speculation, no real spoilers here)

Originally posted by Matt Richard
    Thats how I see it yep. I think we might even see Ani and Mace square off (only its now Darth Vader and Mace), which is how he dies.
    I think it would be sweet if in the middle of a big battle, Boba Fett shows up out of the blue and whacks Mace, to avenge his father's death. That would be some sweet stuff.
    Anything worth having is worth fighting for.
    THINK FOR YOURSELF SCHMUCK!!!
    I hate Honor Victories!!!!!
    LONG LIVE DECIPHER!!!

New Player

But the real question is: Will Anny go to the dark side and become Vader at the begginging allowing us to see him and the Emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi? Or will the movie show his gradual decent and have the big ending where Anakin falls into the Valcano to make you think that he is dead. (which makes more sense, since in the regular trilogy newcomers to the star wars universe won't know that Anny is Vader and make the Vader claiming to be Lukes father that much more surprising).

Plus I wouldn't be surprised for Lucas to end Episode 3 on a down note simply because everyone will want to watch the original trilogy to see Anakin as their fallen hero in a sad new light as opposed toseeing him as the evil Darth Vader.

Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made, not in the toys and lunch boxes, but in telling the story right so you can re-sell the original trilogy all over again and make it seem like a whole new film.

I got a little out of control their, now my rating will plummit baddly

-CrazyNuts

The Great Matt Richard

The movie will probably show the gradual going to the dark side.

The best ending in my opinion would be Mace and Boba square off, Mace injurs Boba just in time for Anikan (not Vader yet) to come in and fight Mace (hes already on to the dark side). He kills Mace and then squares off with Ben, when Ben pushes him into the whatever. It leaves on a note where it makes you think hes dead. All the remaining two jedi go into hiding. But at the end, we see the Emporer and the new Darth Vader together talking about what evil guys talk about, whatever that is. MAybe they mention something about Luke, maybe they look at the plans to the Death Star.
    Click here!

Sith Chick, 1ST HotShot Quiz Centurion, and Master Lurker
    Searching for warmth in the cold darkness of Lurkerdom ...

Here's what I think:

According to Obi-Wan in Ep4, Vader helped hunt down the Jedi ... so Ani has to do so somehow, at least inadvertedly ... while you could say he influenced the deaths of a bunch of Jedi in the arena in Ep2 ... really, Obi-Wan was the reason they showed up there ...

I don't think we'll get to see Padme (Amidala) die ... Leia did remember her some (Ep6 "Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"). Leia had to be at least a toddler to still hold even some images and feelings of her mother ... so I think the final push towards Anakin's fall to the darkside will be a belief that she has been killed, when really, it was another stand-in, and she has gone into hiding with the twins on Alderaan.

SPOILER - One way she might die is something my friends have been discussing. Since we see the plans for the DS in Ep2, and it screws with some EU, maybe we will see a primary gun test ... on Naboo. And Dooku and a younger Tarkin are testing the weapon, Anakin finds the remaining asteroid field (or chunks of a planetoid on which Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Sidious all land) ... then a massive battle between Dooku, Anakin, and Obi-Wan ensues, with Anakin becoming fully possesed by the Darkside (well ... almost fully, hehe) ... then when Obi-Wan happens to defeat him by his fall into some nearby lava ... Obi leaves and heads for Alderaan ... and nearby Sidious who saw it all 'Force Lift's Anakin out of the lava ... to be suited Then, Obi 'con's Padme into giving up Luke for him to watch over him, to protect them both from Anakin and Sidious.

Whether it happens like that or not ... Ep3 will be VERY, VERY cool ... I seriously can't wait!!
    "Anger, Fear, Agression. The dark side are they!"
    Vixen~of~Venus
    "A woman with a lightsaber!! Run boys! RUN!!!"
    "Roll for initiative Monkeyboy!!"

Ewok Warrior

I think it would be trippy if they have Anakin kill Amidala, in a fit of rage or something, that would definantly show that he's darkside all the way.

Skilled Player

Another scenario could be that the clone army is unbalancing the force. The Jedi are losing their connection to the force because the clones are not natural, and are taxing the power of the force. Eventully after the clones have fought the war that allows Palpatine to create the Empire, they will be decommisioned and the cloning facility on Kamino will be destroyed so that no one may create an army to resist the Empire. Amidala will become pregnant and fearfull of Anakins growing rage. She will be hidden away by Obiwan and Organa. She will not die because Princess leia has memories of her mother as described in ROTJ. Dooku is going to realize that he has been naive in terms of Sisdious and the Sith. He will turn on Sidious, only to be struck down by Anakin who believes he is protecting Palpatine. Obi wan will be forced to fight Anakin. Anakin will lose and he will fall apparantly to his death. The Jedi leave and Sidious enters the scene. Anakin is relying on his hatred of the Jedi and everyone else to sustain himself as he pulls himself free of the fire. There he will meet Sidious who explains to him the truth: " Anakin I am your father! "

Originally posted by powalsh
    Dooku is going to realize that he has been naive in terms of Sisdious and the Sith. He will turn on Sidious, only to be struck down by Anakin who believes he is protecting Palpatine
    Uh, Count Dooku is a bad guy, I thought the move made that pretty clear.
    LONG LIVE DECIPHER!!!

If Dooku was sooo bad SuperDog ... why did he tell Obi everything?

... Why did he give the Jedi a chance to surrender?

... Why did he show remorse on his face while he had the saber overhead for a killing strike on Obi?

... Why did he show remorse after 'force pushing' armless Anakin?

... There are too many questions about his motives for him to be a truly established BAD GUY. Vader ... was a bad guy, always was until the very, very end of RotJ. The Emperor, was a bad guy in every movie, even though he doesn't even appear in Ep4 and Ep5 (cept for a hologram of his face). And Darth Maul was definitely established as a Bad Guy. Tarkin, in many ways, was MORE established as a bad guy than Vader.

But Dooku ... well, I don't think George would have him doing all these odd things like showing remorse, giving the Jedi chances to surrender, and telling Obi-Wan the actual Truth ... if he was trying to establish Dooku as a truly bad man.
    Vixen~of~Venus

Ewok Warrior

Originally posted by VixenofVenus
    If Dooku was sooo bad SuperDog ... why did he tell Obi everything?

To make him tell the Jedi Council about it, and then the Jedi Council distrusts the senate, and therefore they put more faith in Palpatine and don't listen to the senate when they start screaming, "Dictatorship!"

Because it would be easier than killing them.

... Why did he show remorse on his face while he had the saber overhead for a killing strike on Obi?
    ... Why did he show remorse after 'force pushing' armless Anakin?
    Guess I never noticed that, I'll have to look for it next time...

Originally posted by VixenofVenus
    Mace thinks it was so they could be used as hostages or bargaining chips. Seems reasonable.
    LONG LIVE DECIPHER!!!

Registered User Donovan Morningfire's Avatar
    Exactly where I need to be when I need to be there

As for the looks of "remorse" on Dooku's face, I think it might have been more resignation than actual remorse.

Dooku I'm sure has plans of his own, namly on becoming top dog of the Sith. Which means to challenge Sidious, he'd need an apprentice. His first choice was most likely Obi-Wan, since he'd heard all kinds of good things about him. But after defeating Obi fairly easily (for him at least), he was saddened since it appeared that Obi wasn't all he was talked up to be.

Then in comes Anakin, who Dooku has little to no respect for, and comes a lot closer to giving the old man a run for his credits, showing an incredible amount of power for a mere Padawan. But again, Dooku is the better man. In this case, he was to a small point impressed, but ultimately considered Anakin beneath him.

Also consider the look on his face when Yoda walked in. Dooku looked quite pleased to see his former teacher. To Dooku, here finally was an opponent that could challenge him. Too bad Dooku drastically underestimated the little green bucket o' whupass.

I'd have to say Dooku is as evil as they come. It's just he's not the blatantly evil type. He's more the gentlemanly evil type. Can act all polite and noble, but underneath beats the heart of a villain.

On his "spilling the beans," Alfred hit the nail on the head. The Council won't be as quick to listen to the words of the Senate, since they suspect there's a Sith Lord pulling the strings. And by the time they realize that it's Palpatine that's the problem, it will be far too late. Another point to consider is that Dooku was trying to 'earn' a bit of Obi-Wan's trust and get him to join him as his apprentice. (Not necessarily Sith.)

In the end, Dooku is probably thinking that he'll use Sidious and the Sith ways for as long as it suits him, and when that time has passed, dispose of Sidious and put himself in the top spot. Too bad Sidious is likely already aware of such a thing and is already planning Dooku's demise via a new apprentice, one younger and more malleable, not to mention much more powerful, especially once he gets more fully trained.
    Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog at http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/
    "You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"
    - Luke Skybrewer, A New Hops

I understand why you guys see these things ... and I do think they are all obvious and viable things that may be seen to be true in Ep3 ...

But ... ask yourselves this:

Has George Lucas ever been OBVIOUS about ANYTHING in his Star Wars movies!?

For some of us, who grew up watching the movies all out of order, mismatched and complicated before we could barely talk ... its hard to really think about it ... but imagine you didn't know anything from Ep1, Ep2, Ep5, and Ep6. Now think of Ep4 ... was it really obvious in that movie that Vader was Lukes father, Leia was Lukes sister?

Lucas has never been blatently obvious ... in fact, most of the time he a master of secrecy. For movies as huge as the prequels are ... there are still hundreds of things about them that actually don't make it to the internet. For instance ... we all know George has a couple variations of the entire 6 movie saga written in that one binder of his ... but no crazy fan has ever tried to steal it, and no guest at Skywalker Ranch has ever come out on the Net and said, "I saw a peek of the Holy Notebook ... wanna know what's gonna happen in Ep3!?" ... why? Probably because Lucas locks the darn thing up in a freakin safe every night!

Now ... am I saying that I'm completely right ... and your ideas stink ... no, its just, well ... a gut feeling for me. I just don't think Lucas will be that Obvious with Christopher Lee's character. I personally think that Ep2 didn't have that ... climatic "LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER" revelation that is coming ... there is something VERY important that we don't know ... that with one sentence will change the whole series ...

All the reviewers in the world can criticize Lucas' movies all they want ... but he is still one of the best storytellers in the history of the world ... he almost has more people captivated by the Star Wars Saga than the Bible. And that is a truly glorious story ...

But I do respect your ideas ... and I understand why you see those things, but, I just don't think that George will be obvious ... it's never been in him to be obvious ...
    Vixen~of~Venus

Thread Information