Thread: The fight circuit

Skilled Player

Default The fight circuit

I'm currently running a campaign that will soon send the PCs on the fight circuit. Does anyone have any information about this from the Rebellion Era (Its in the Rebellion Era sourcebook)?

I can't seem to find any additional information on it. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for things like:
    - Possible fight locations
    - Major players/gamblers on the fights
    - Any other relevant information

Thankyou.

Dwight.

- Possible fight locations
    well one possiable location to look into is Genosis... we KNOW they have gladatorial combat there.. I imagine your PC's would get a kick outta dat

Dark Jedi

This can always be a great time to integrate the unknown regions in to your game. And therefore integrate D&D combat in to your game, it has great arenas for fighting and buko EP...
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

--FlipDog 2000

Veteran Player

You also have the game chambers of questial, and i do believe one other place with a noted 'arena', but cannot remember it's book...
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

In my campaign, I had an arena for my PCs to enter if they wished. The arena was in the stone city of Joryknit on the Gran homeworld of Kinyen during the Rebellion Era. It was a 100% volunteer fighters arena that was enclosed and was similar in size and stature to a hockey arena. There were cages that separated the fans from the fighters and the fans sat higher up than the actual ground floor.
    If you are interested in this planet and arena, Kinyen of course is located in the Mid Rim near Malastare and Joryknit is on the eastern portion of the northernmost continent. Joryknit is a medievel-ish city that is entirely surrounded by stone walls and is often the hometown of Gran merchants and Dug scoundrels. There is a small starport in Joryknit as well.
    Getting back to the arena, the fights were set up in brackets and there are five rounds with 32 total contestants (16 per bracket). Winner received around 20,000 Imperial credits, 2nd place received 15,000 credits, and 3rd place brought home 10,000. Did I mention that fatalities often occur in this arena and are entirely acceptable. Although no weapons were allowed, many forms of martial arts and hand-to-hand fighting was allowed. I hope this helps.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

The Wave- Man Hamster of the Light

There was a collection of short stories called the Tales of the Bounty Hunters (or something of that liking) that had a story about Han and Boba Fett. I don't have the book on me to check for the name of the planet, but Han had to fight for his freedom after being captured... I'm a bit fuzzy on the details... But the story was pretty short, so you should be able to skim it to find the name of the planet... (I'll try to get back to you on it, but I may be a few days in doing so.)
    Vespa charioteer of the NNTBS Bar and Grill

Captain of the Star Destroyer "Vengeance"

I've got a page that deals with this very subject on...

http://www.geocities.com/ravager_of_...elingPits.html

take out the word 'lightsaber' and replace with an appropriate noun. I've used the "Black Box" productions idea (my own as far as i know) from 2 campaigns i've run in the past.
    No longer satisfied blowing droids apart, the cyborg Jawa ordered his very own "Little Tyke Death Star" kit from Imperial Toy Makers

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —George W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

Hardcore Player

The world dragonseye mentioned has the name of Jubilar. Han Solo fought in the Victory Forum Arena here, which was at the time in a city called Dying Slowly. During the time of the story(New Republic Era), the city has been renamed Death and the forum has been destroyed.
    Uh-oh, another famous Elfword Idea (TM) - Talon Razor 'GM'

Section Editor of [color=dark-blue]The Underworld Sourcebook[/color]
    "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
    Leader of The A&EG Supplement series

They have tournament style gladiatorial combat on Coyn for sure.
    I think I remember there being some sort of fighting tournament in the Tapani sector, but I don't recall any specifics. Anyway, it would make sense for the saber rakes there to have some sort of gathering to determine who is the best fighter.
    To claim one's knowledge as ignorance is wisdom.
    To claim one's ignorance as knowledge is mental illness.

Experienced Player

The D6 source book "Wretched Hives of Scum and Villiany" have a rather detailed section on one arena, I beleive it was called the Dool, or something like that.
    At the dawn of the Jedi Order, there existed a Corellian: Jeth Nazes. From him came the Nazes Bloodline, each one a powerful Jedi, the most well know was Bruk, Jedi Weapon Master.

Skilled Player

Wow, didn't expect that this thread would resurface Thanks for the info.

After running two sessions and doing some development work on the Fight Circuit I've developed a few arenas. One is a large arena and palace controlled by a Hutt, and another is a capital starship with a hollowed out middle for the arena, for a few examples.

I haven't gotten around to compiling the information as of yet, but I will eventually, and if anyone is interested in using it or helping me develop it let me know.

Dwight.

Thread Information