Thread: GM helper's pak. Anyone else think its a good idea?

Default GM helper's pak. Anyone else think its a good idea?

I was wondering if the posters of Holonet would generally be interested in some sort of GM's helper pak filled with generic non-system specific (or one for D6 and one for d20) ideas to help spark the noggin of a GM. The only thread i have right now is the 1001 ways to be an evil GM but if people are interested i was going to start with 1001 generic plot hooks as well. If anyone has any other ideas please post them. If successful i will make all the ideas into a text files and zip them for download on some geocities type site.
    Ends don't justify the means.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    --John Stuart Mill

Default Plot Hooks

I think the simplest campaign to run is to give the character a commanding officer. Whether this is the Jedi Council or a Republic (or New Republic) military officer or anyone, I think that makes things so much simpler. Instead of having to trick, convince, dupe or entice your characters with a plot hook, they are simply ordered to do something.

Sure, it's not as fun as drawing a reluctant character into a difficult situation. But I think that's something for a GM with a little mor experience.

Another fun plot hook is to have a vulnerable character (a roughed up woman, non-violent man, small child, wounded ewok, you pick) come and ask the players for help. A classic example is "Adventure on Ord Mantrell", on the official wizards of the coast SWRPG page.

Anyway, those are just a few of the simplest, and most generic.

The Anarchisto

Experienced Player

Actually with all the great GM reference sheets and such floating about thanks to many generous holonet folk, and other GM helpfuls, I was thinking perhaps SWRPGNetwork could put all these impromptu "submissions" together to form somekind of dowloadable GM "Snack Pak" or Helper's pack as you described. I know I've picked a few apples here and there and I find them terribly useful for game play.

Would be very stellar to have them put together by someone and easy to download for the aspiring Star Wars GM.

Sorry a bit off topic but it's what I thought of when I read the title
    "Back off man, I'm a scientist." -Bill Murray, Ghostbusters.

"Let me talk to him! I speak crazy!"-Bruce M. Wang, Spycraft: Wheelman.

Thread Information